- [主英国英语]职业介绍所，劳工介绍所 (＝labour exchange)
- [C][U]交换,互换 the act of exchanging
- [U]兑换,兑换率 relation in value between kinds of money used in different countries
- [C]交易所; (电话的)交换台〔局〕 building used for commercial activities
- vt. & vi. 交换,互换 give each other sth in return for sth else
- vt. 交流 interflow
- chemical process in which one atom or ion or group changes places with another
- a mutual expression of views (especially an unpleasant one);
"they had a bitter exchange"
- the act of changing one thing for another thing;
"Adam was promised immortality in exchange for his disobedience"
"there was an interchange of prisoners"
- the act of giving something in return for something received;
"deductible losses on sales or exchanges of property are allowable"
- a workplace that serves as a telecommunications facility where lines from telephones can be connected together to permit communication
- a workplace for buying and selling; open only to members
- (sports) an unbroken sequence of several successive strokes;
"after a short rally Connors won the point"
- reciprocal transfer of equivalent sums of money (especially the currencies of different countries);
"he earns his living from the interchange of currency"
- the act of putting one thing or person in the place of another:
"he sent Smith in for Jones but the substitution came too late to help"
- (chess) gaining (or losing) a rook in return for a knight or bishop;
"black lost the exchange"
- (chess) the capture by both players (usually on consecutive moves) of pieces of equal value;
"the endgame began after the exchange of queens"
- give to, and receive from, one another;
"Would you change places with me?"
"We have been exchanging letters for a year"
- exchange or replace with another, usually of the same kind or category;
"Could you convert my dollars into pounds?"
"He changed his name"
"convert centimeters into inches"
"convert holdings into shares"
- change over, change around, as to a new order or sequence
- hand over one and receive another, approximately equivalent;
"exchange employees between branches of the company"
- put in the place of another; switch seemingly equivalent items;
"the con artist replaced the original with a fake Rembrandt"
"substitute regular milk with fat-free milk"
"synonyms can be interchanged without a changing the context's meaning"
- exchange a penalty for a less severe one
- May I exchange seats with you?
- You can exchange your car at our nearest office.
- We exchanged our opinions about the event at the meeting.
- I'd like to exchange some pounds for dollars.
- He gave me an apple in exchange of an orange.
- Gold shares jumped at the Stock Exchange yesterday.
- It seems the exchange rate fluctuates almost daily.
- A soldier was wounded in the exchange.
There have been numerous exchanges of views between the two governments.
The purpose was to halt the rise in the exchange rate of the Swiss franc.
She works at the Stock Exchange.
This currency exchanges at par.
The two armies exchanged prisoners.
The two girls always exchanged Christmas gifts.
Will they exchange clothes that don't fit?
They exchanged addresses.
You two boys exchange places.
We shall have opportunity to exchange views tomorrow.
They exchanged experiences at the meeting.
- in exchange for
交换in return for
Tom gave Helen an apple in exchange for a piece of cake. 汤姆用一个苹果与海伦换一块蛋糕。
- 交换in return for
- exchange blows
打起来 come to blows
Ade and Brooks exchanged blows yesterday and they were severely punished today. 艾德和布鲁克斯昨天打起来了,今天他们受到严厉的惩罚。
- 打起来 come to blows
- exchange for (v.+prep.)
用…换取 give (sth) in return for (sth else) exchange sth for sth
I'd like to exchange a watch for a camera.我想用表换相机。
Where can I exchange my American money for foreign money?我在哪儿可以把美元兑换成外汇?
She exchanged honour for wealth.她牺牲荣誉以换取财富。
- 用…换取 give (sth) in return for (sth else) exchange sth for sth
- exchange with (v.+prep.)
与(某人)交换… take (sth) in return for (sth else) with (sb) exchange sb/sth with sb
They exchanged hostages with each other.他们彼此交换了人质。
Tom exchanged gifts with John at Christmas.汤姆与约翰在圣诞节交换礼物。
Eby exchanged books with Facer.伊比与费塞交换书籍。
Would you like to exchange places with me?I don't think you're comfortable in that seat.你愿意跟我换一下地方吗?我想你坐在那个座位上不舒服。
He occasionally exchanged a few words with his neighbours.他偶尔也和邻居说上几句话。
He likes to exchange ideas with others.他喜欢与别人交流思想。
- 与(某人)交换… take (sth) in return for (sth else) with (sb) exchange sb/sth with sb
- exchange words with (v.+n.+prep.)
与(某人)争吵〔吵架〕 quarrel with (sb) exchange words with sb
It's ridiculous to waste time exchanging words with such a man.浪费时间与这样的人争吵是十分可笑的。
She always exchanges words with her neighbours.她经常和她的邻居们吵架。
- 与(某人)争吵〔吵架〕 quarrel with (sb) exchange words with sb
- agree to an exchange 同意交换
- expand exchange 扩大交流
- have〔make, operate〕 an exchange 进行交换〔交流〕
- promote〔reject〕 an exchange 促进〔拒绝〕交换〔交流〕
- academic〔athletic, cultural, economic〕 exchange 学术〔体育,文化,经济〕交流
- direct exchange 直接汇兑
- equal〔fair〕 exchange 等价〔公平〕交换
- foreign exchange 外汇
- long〔short〕 exchange 长〔短〕期汇票
- whispered exchange 耳语,交头接耳
- exchange blows 打架
- exchange Christmas gifts 互赠圣诞礼物
- exchange experience 交流经验
- exchange a few words 交谈几句
- exchange glances 互相瞥视
- exchange greetings 互致问候
- exchange places 调换位置
- exchange seats 互换座位
- exchange words 口角
- exchange actually 实际地交换
- exchange certainly 确定交换
- exchange immediately 立刻交换
- exchange intimately 亲密地交流
- exchange recently 最近地交换
- exchange significantly 重要地交流
- exchange sympathetically 同情地交换
A straight exchange, the veal loaf for the barrel.出自：N. Monsarrat
(Fair) exchange is no robbery.出自：Proverb
They had exchanged their regular jackets for black alpaca coats.出自：C. Day
They exchanged caps.
They exchanged a smile.
in exchange for表示“交换，对换”，常用于give/get/receive后。
I should like to give my pen in exchange for yours.
I should like to get/receive your pen in exchange for mine.
- 注意exchange本身包含交换的意思，避免和同类含义的词搭配，如mutual exchange，exchange mutually，exchange with each other和exchange together都不属于正确用法。
- exchange的基本意思是“交换”,可以表示以贸易手段以一物换取另一物; 也可指一般的一物与另一物相交换; 有时还指在两个或更多人之间换东西。引申可表示“交流”经验、思想等。
- exchange宾语后常接介词for,表示“以…换取”; 接介词with表示“与某人交换(某物)”。
- exchange后一般接复数名词,但如果该名词是行为名词,也可用其单数。例如:They exchanged a smile.他们互相报以一笑。We exchanged a glance.我们互相看了一眼。
- exchange, bandy, interchange
这组词都可表示“交换”。它们之间的区别是:exchange强调通过贸易或以货易货的手段,也指用一件东西交换另一件东西; interchange强调互相更迭发生或轮流进行; bandy原指漫不经心地丢来丢去,引申指比interchange更迅猛、强烈或短促地交换。
错句：he exchanged dollars with rmb.
纠正：he exchanged dollars for rmb.
- ☆ 14世纪晚期进入英语，直接源自盎格鲁法语的eschanuge；最初源自古典拉丁语的excambire：ex (出) + cambire (以物易物），意为互相交换。
- n.(名词) barter
- exchange:基本介绍 Exchange--- Microsoft Exchange Server2007是Microsoft Exchange Server的下一版本，它是业界领先的电子邮件、日历和统一信息服务器…