- vt. & vi. 接近,走近,靠近 come near or nearer to sb/sth
- vt. 接洽,交涉 speak to (sb), especially in order to make a request or suggestion for the first time
- vt. 着手处理 begin to tackle
- [U]靠近,接近,临近 the act of approaching
- [C]通路,入口,途径 a way of getting in
- [C]方式,方法 a method of doing sth or dealing with a problem
- ideas or actions intended to deal with a problem or situation;
"his approach to every problem is to draw up a list of pros and cons"
"an attack on inflation"
"his plan of attack was misguided"
- the act of drawing spatially closer to something;
"the hunter's approach scattered the geese"
- a way of entering or leaving;
"he took a wrong turn on the access to the bridge"
- the final path followed by an aircraft as it is landing
- the event of one object coming closer to another
- a tentative suggestion designed to elicit the reactions of others;
"she rejected his advances"
- the temporal property of becoming nearer in time;
"the approach of winter"
- a close approximation;
"the nearest approach to genius"
- a relatively short golf shot intended to put the ball onto the putting green;
"he lost the hole when his approach rolled over the green"
- move towards;
"We were approaching our destination"
"They are drawing near"
"The enemy army came nearer and nearer"
- come near or verge on, resemble, come nearer in quality, or character;
"This borders on discrimination!"
"His playing approaches that of Horowitz"
- begin to deal with;
"approach a task"
"go about a difficult problem"
"approach a new project"
- come near in time;
"Winter is approaching"
"approaching old age"
- make advances to someone, usually with a proposal or suggestion;
"I was approached by the President to serve as his adviser in foreign matters"
- Such people as are friendly are easy to approach.
- She approached the bank for a loan.
- There is no one who even approaches his talents.
- Workers, above all, will know how to approach the problem correctly .
- Narration should become a basic approach to preschool education.
- I like her approach to the problem.
- High walls forbid all approach.
- The company makes an approach to the supermarket chain.
- They walked together slowly along the solitary and broken approach.
- The airplane made a faulty landing approach.
- That's the nearest approach to an apology you'll get from him.
Christmas was approaching.
He is rather difficult to approach.
The professor is easy to approach, and all the young teachers like to ask for advice from him.
She sets a record which nobody else can remotely approach.
Walk softly as you approach the bed.
I'm approaching my home.
A typhoon is now approaching Hong Kong.
It approached noon.
As people approach old age, their energy may diminish.
Few managers approach my father in ability.
Students are expected to approach the standard set for them by their teachers.
I approached her for advice.
Will you approach the director on the matter?
It is wrong to approach a problem from a metaphysical point of view.
He approached the question as a scientist.
They approached the president with the suggestion.
I was approached by an old lady.
The officer was approached with bribes.
Our approach drove away the wild animals.
I'd advise taking a different approach.
Police are patrolling the major approach roads to the railway station.
The sounding of a whistle announced the approach of the train.
The approach of winter brings cold weather.
All approaches to the town were blocked.
His approaches to the problem are wrong.
- approach about (v.+prep.)
就…提出要求 make a request to sb about a matter approach sb about sth/v-ing
Few of the office workers dared to approach the director about their working conditions.职员中很少有人敢向主任提出工作条件方面的要求。
I was afraid to approach them about this matter.我怕与他们商谈这个问题。
Did he approach you about lending him some money?他找你是为了借钱吗?
He was afraid to approach his father about borrowing more money.他不敢向他的父亲多借一点钱。
- 就…提出要求 make a request to sb about a matter approach sb about sth/v-ing
- approach to (v.+prep.)
接近 come near or nearer to sb/sth approach to sth
He approaches to the character of the ablest statesman.他具有近乎最能干的政治家的品质。
- 接近 come near or nearer to sb/sth approach to sth
- approach toward (v.+prep.)
靠近 come near or nearer to sb/sth approach toward sb
Suddenly I saw a tall figure approaching toward the policeman.突然间我看到一个高大的身影朝警察靠近。
- 靠近 come near or nearer to sb/sth approach toward sb
- approach the amount of 接近…数目
- approach completion 接近完成
- approach perfection 接近完美
- approach one's doom 快完蛋了
- approach the enemy ships 向敌舰逼近
- approach a problem 探讨问题
- approach seventy in age 年近古稀
- approach casually 马虎地处理
- approach cautiously 审慎地处理〔探讨〕
- approach correctly 正确处理
- approach easily 容易接近
- approach leisurely 悠闲地欣赏
- approach noiselessly 悄悄地接近
- approach patiently 耐心地处理
- approach remotely 远不能及
- approach about 找…探讨…
- approach sb about this matter 找某人谈这件事
- approach sb for suggestion 找某人征求建议
- approach from 从…靠近
- approach...from different angles 从不同角度探讨…
- approach from the other direction 从另一个方向靠近
- approach sb on a matter 就某件事找某人商量
- approach to 近似于,接近,约等于
- approach to a denial 几乎等于否认
- approach to the requirements 与要求接近
- approach toward 朝…走来
- approach with 向…提出…
- approach sb with a request 向某人提出要求
- bar the approach of 禁止接近…
- make approaches to sb 亲近某人,与某人接近
- provide an approach to 提供…的入门
- reject sb's approach 拒绝某人的奉承〔接近〕
- sense the approach of 感觉到…的来临
- take an approach 采用某种方法
- speedy approach 迅速接近
- stealthy approach 不知不觉的进入
- active approach 积极的态度
- correct approach 正确的方法〔态度〕
- scientific approach 科学的方法〔态度〕
- simple approach 简单的方法
- traditional approach 传统的方法
- at sb's approach 当某人接近时
- by this approach 用这种方法
- be difficult of approach (地方)难达到的,(人)难于接近的
- on the approach of death 临死的时候
- with the approach of 随着…的来临
- with the approach of winter 随着冬季的来临
The approach of a Comet to the Earth.出自：W. Whiston
Casson's thoughts were diverted by the approach of the horseman.出自：George Eliot
Upon nearer approach, he saw that a very dim light showed..at one window.出自：R. P. Warren
Two policemen quickened their stride and approached us.出自：E. Waugh
A minstrels gallery which..is approached by a winding staircase.出自：A. Shaffer
- approach, approximate
- approach, equal, match, touch
这四个词都含有在某一方面接近或达其他事物的水平或标准的意思。其区别是：1.equal和match都可表示达到同一水平或标准,不存在差别; equal侧重“相等”; match侧重“相匹敌”。另外, match主要用于力量、表现、兴趣、美感等方面; 而 equal 主要用在数量、价值、程度等方面。例如:The pattern on this material matches that of the sofa.这块料上的图案与沙发上的相当。2.approach和touch都表示该事物非常接近另一事物, touch的意思是“赶得上”,两者的差别几乎看不出来; 而approach表示的差别虽微乎其微,但却可看出,即approach表示的差别比touch大些。另外, approach的意思是“向…接近”,表示一个持续的动作,所以可用于进行体,而touch则不能用于进行体。例如:His work is approaching perfection.他的作品接近完美无缺。No one can touch him as an actor of tragic roles.作为一个扮演悲剧角色的演员,没人能够赶得上他。
- manner method way mode fashion means approach
错句：i would like to add a new approach to the power war.
纠正：i would like to propose the adoption of a new attitude to the power war．
- ☆ 1300年左右进英入语，直接源自盎格鲁法语的approcher；最初源自后期拉丁语的ad(去） + propiare(接近），意为靠近。
- v.(动词) part
- approach:approach n. 接近, 逼近, 走进, 方法, 步骤, 途径, 通路vt. 接近, 动手处理vi. 靠近 英英解释:名词approach:1. ideas or actions intende…