- [C]入口,大门口 way into a place
- [U]进入,登场,入学 becoming a member of a university or a club, etc.
- something that provides access (to get in or get out);
"they waited at the entrance to the garden"
"beggars waited just outside the entryway to the cathedral"
- a movement into or inward
- the act of entering;
"she made a grand entrance"
- attract; cause to be enamored;
"She captured all the men's hearts"
- put into a trance
- There is an entrance just around the corner.
- I'll meet you at the entrance of the zoo tomorrow.
- A lighthouse marks the entrance to the harbour.
- The actress makes her entrance in Act 3.
- The police were unable to gain entrance to the house.
- Guests have free entrance to the swimming pool and the health club.
- Her beauty entirely entrances him.
- This gift is bound to entrance any child.
I left my car outside the main entrance.
I'll have the car waiting at the entrance.Will that be all right?
How much is the entrance fee?
We were refused entrance because we weren't properly dressed.
Entrance is by way of the side door.
Everyone rose at the judge's entrance.
He made an entrance through the window.
The burglar forced an entrance into the house.
She was interrupted by the entrance of an attendant.
She had decided on taking the entrance exam.
He met the university's entrance requirements.
He applied for entrance at a number of schools.
Entrance into college was a great event in his life.
An actor must learn his entrances and exits.
She made an impressive entrance leading her two pet tigers.
- entrance to
入口 a gate, door, or other opening by which one enters
The bus stops just opposite the entrance to the City Hall. 公共汽车刚好停在市政厅的门口。
Tickets are sold at the entrance to the cinema. 在电影院门口售票。
There is a front and a back entrance to the house. 这所房子有一个前门和一个后门。
There are a few entrances to the railway station. 火车站有几个入口。
The entrance to the cave had been blocked up. 那个洞的入口已被堵塞。
All entrances to the city are guarded by armed men. 该城的所有入口都有武装士兵守卫。
Two fiery griffins guarded the entrance to the castle. 在碉堡的进门处守着两个凶猛的怪物。
进入,入学 start school
He has applied for entrance to university. 他已申请入大学。
The entrance examinations to colleges and universities begin on June 7th. 高考每年6月7日开始。
Students were given free entrance to the football match. 学生可以免费入场观看足球赛。
- 入口 a gate, door, or other opening by which one enters
- block up the entrance 堵塞入口
- effect one's entrance into 进入
- force an entrance 闯进入口
- gain an entrance 挤进去
- guard the entrance 把门,守卫门户,警戒入口
- have free entrance 自由进入
- knock at the entrance 敲门
- make one's entrance into 进入
- use the side entrance 走边〔侧〕门
- at an entrance 在入口处
One paid a shilling for entrance and another for the programme.出自：J. Galsworthy
A door..which gave entrance to a smaller room.出自：C. S. Forester
Engrossed, entranced, he forgot about time, and about humanity.出自：A. P. Herbert
- at〔in〕 entrance的意思是“在入口处”。
- entrance, admission
这两个词的共同意思是“进入”。其区别是：entrance强调进入的行为,如入门、入场、参战等; 而admission则强调进入的权利,指经过允许而进入学校、礼堂或俱乐部、组织等。另外, entrance比admission的使用范围更广。例如:She had decided for taking the entrance exam.她决定参加入学考试。No admission is permitted in an hour before closing.关门前一小时不准入内。
误 Do you know the man standing at the entrance of the building?
正 Do you know the man standing at the entrance to the building?
析 表示建筑物等的“入口处”, entrance后面通常接介词to,不接of。
- ☆ 直接源自中古英语的entraunce，意为进入。
- entrance:entrance n. 入口, 门口, 进入…