- n. 进入；进入权；入口；条目
- [C]进入 act of coming or going in
- [U]入场权 right of entering
- [C]入口处 place of entrance
- [C]登记; 条目,词条 the act or result of writing sth down a list, as in an account of money or in a dictionary
- [C]参赛的人〔物〕 person or thing that is entered for a competition
- [S]参加比赛的名单〔总(人)数〕 list or total number of persons, etc. entered for a competition
an item inserted in a written record
the act of beginning something new;
"they looked forward to the debut of their new product line"
a written record of a commercial transaction
something (manuscripts or architectural plans and models or estimates or works of art of all genres etc.) submitted for the judgment of others (as in a competition);
"several of his submissions were rejected by publishers"
"what was the date of submission of your proposal?"
something that provides access (to get in or get out);
"they waited at the entrance to the garden"
"beggars waited just outside the entryway to the cathedral"
the act of entering;
"she made a grand entrance"
- He pretended not to observe our entry.
- The people without a ticket are denied entry.
- He has applied for an entry visa.
- You can leave your umbrella in the entry.
- This dictionary has over 30000 entries.
- The army made a triumphant entry into the enemy's capital.
- You mustn't drive into a street with a “No Entry” sign.
- I will wait for you at the entry.
- The entry of all expenditure is necessary.
- This dictionary has over 30,000 entries.
- How many entries are there for the high jump?
- There is a large entry for the flower show this year.
- allow entry 允许进入
- block the entry 阻塞入口
- force one's entry 强行进入
- gain〔obtain〕 entry 得到入场〔入会〕权
- give〔include〕 an entry 收一词条
- make an entry 入场,记入
- pass entry 入账
- sign and seal entry 在报名单上签字盖章
The landlord..held the door open, so that Irma seemed to make a little entry.出自： L. P. Hartley