- [C] 路,道,街,径 place for walking, travelling, etc. along; path, road, street, etc.
- [C] 方向 (in a specified) direction
- [C] 方法,方式,手段 method, style or manner of doing sth
- [C] 习俗,作风 chosen, desired or habitual behaviour, custom or manner
- [C] 距离 distance (to be travelled) between two points
- [C] 附近,周围 area near a place; neighbourhood
- [C] 某方面 particular aspect of sth; respect
- 远远地,大大地 very far
- how something is done or how it happens;
"her dignified manner"
"his rapid manner of talking"
"their nomadic mode of existence"
"in the characteristic New York style"
"a lonely way of life"
"in an abrasive fashion"
- how a result is obtained or an end is achieved;
"a means of control"
"an example is the best agency of instruction"
"the true way to success"
- a line leading to a place or point;
"he looked the other direction"
"didn't know the way home"
- the condition of things generally;
"that's the way it is"
"I felt the same way"
- a course of conduct;
"the path of virtue"
"we went our separate ways"
"our paths in life led us apart"
"genius usually follows a revolutionary path"
- any artifact consisting of a road or path affording passage from one place to another;
"he said he was looking for the way out"
- a journey or passage;
"they are on the way"
- space for movement;
"room to pass"
"make way for"
"hardly enough elbow room to turn around"
- the property of distance in general;
"it's a long way to Moscow"
"he went a long ways"
- doing as one pleases or chooses;
"if I had my way"
- a general category of things; used in the expression `in the way of';
"they didn't have much in the way of clothing"
- a portion of something divided into shares;
"they split the loot three ways"
- to a great degree or by a great distance; very much (`right smart' is regional in the United States);
"way over budget"
"way off base"
"the other side of the hill is right smart steeper than the side we are on"
- I am on my way to the grocery store.
- We lost the way in the dark.
- He asked me the way to London.
- He tried in every way to verify this theory.
- She showed them the way to do it.
- It's not my way to leave anything half done.
- Do not form an undisciplined way of life.
- I don't like the way she speaks.
- I'm sorry it should be this way.
- Look both ways before crossing the road.
- Make sure that the sign's the right way up.
- I was looking the other way when the goal was scored.
- They escaped out the back way.
- We are a long way from the coast.
- The summer holiday is still far a long way off.
- I think they live on Birmingham way.
- I may be able to help you in some way.
- It is an excellent novel in every way.
- He's been in a bad way ever since the operation.
- I have lost my job for three months,so I am in a bad way.
- I don't know how we're going to manage,the way things are.
- It seems like I'm always way too busy with work.
- His ideas were way ahead of his time.
- She finished the race way ahead of the other runners.
Is this the way out?
Which way do you usually go to town?
He asked me the way to London.
There was a lorry blocking the way.
If you lose your way, ask a policeman.
We walked a long way.
We had to pick our way along the muddy track.
Get out of my way!
The soldiers cut a way through the forest.
Clear a way through the crowd.
They claimed to be leading the way in the fight against terrorism.
“Which way did he go?” “He went that way.”
Look this way, please.
They weren't looking our way.
Make sure that the sign's the right way up.
The arrow is pointing the wrong way.
If the tree falls that way, it will destroy the house.
Look both ways before crossing the road.
I like the way you've done your hair.
You can see the way his mind works when you read his books.
We could have the car fixed here or get it towed home; either way it will be very expensive.
These vegetables can be cooked in several different ways.
She spoke in a kindly way.
In this way he remains to live in the countryside with his parents.
He has some rather odd ways.
Don't be offended, it's only his way.
It is not her way to be selfish.
I don't like the way he looks at me.
It's disgraceful the way he treats his mother.
They admired the way she dealt with the crisis.
It's a long way to London.
We have a long way from the coast.
There is quite a way still to go.
The roots go a long way down.
December is a long way off.
Success is still a long way off.
A woman sat down beside me as we started, and she chattered nonstop the whole way.
He lives somewhere Lincoln way.
The crops are doing well down our way.
Please visit us next time you're over this way.
Can I help you in any way?
She helped us in every possible way.
The result should in no way be seen as a defeat for the government.
In some ways it's quite a good idea, but the high cost makes it impossible.
The changes are beneficial in some ways but not in others.
Today the computer is used a great deal in many ways.
The acid bit its way through the metal.
She managed to talk her way out of a difficult situation.
The doctor told the patient that he was in good way.
We couldn't contact you— we had no way of knowing where you were.
I wish I knew a way of making money quickly.
He had a strange way of making his classes lively and interesting.
He has a pleasant way of speaking.
They eventually came round to our way of thinking.
We all have our favourite ways of doing certain things.
There are several ways of doing it.
What is the best way to clean this?
She showed them the way to do it.
Try to find your own way to express the idea .
What's the right way to say this in English?
They are trying to find ways to prevent the disease.
She is in no way to blame.
The way that you're doing it is completely crazy.
I don't like the way that you laugh at her.
They didn't do it the way that we do now.
This is the way he did it.
She finished the race way ahead of the other runners.
The price is way above what we can afford.
The initial estimate was way out.
The mortality rate was way down.
The shot was way off target.
Their profits were way below the original forecasts.
They live down Canterbury way.
- all the way
一路上,一直; 完全 the whole distance; completely
We can go all the way by motorboat. 我们可以一路上乘摩托艇去。
He stays all the way in the game. 他自始至终参加比赛。
I'm with you all the way. 我完全同意并支持你。
- 一路上,一直; 完全 the whole distance; completely
- always the way
- 总是这样 what always happens
- by the way
顺便地,附带说说 used to introduce a comment or question that is only indirectly related, if at all, to the main subject of conversation
Oh, by the way, there is a telephone message for you. 哦,对了,有你一个电话口信。
By the way, have you heard from Bill lately? 顺便问一下,你最近收到比尔的信了吗?
By the way, what time is it? 顺便问一下,现在几点了?
What did you say your name was, by the way? 顺便问一句,您说您的名字叫什么来着?
- 顺便地,附带说说 used to introduce a comment or question that is only indirectly related, if at all, to the main subject of conversation
- by way of
路经,途经 by a route that includes; viaThey are travelling to France by way of London.他们经伦敦去法国。
They returned by way of Hong Kong. 他们是取道香港回来的。
We travelled through Germany by way of Hamburg,Cologne and Munich. 我们取道汉堡,科隆和慕尼黑游历了德国。
I can easily come home by way of the Post Office and get your stamps. 我回家可以路经邮局,给你买几张邮票很容易。
作为,当作 as a type of sth or serving as sthWe had some sandwiches by way of a meal.我们吃了一些三明治,就算是一顿饭了。
By way of an introduction,I shall explain some of the historical background. 作为开场白,我来解释一下历史背景。
Henry is by way of being a nuisance. 亨利几乎成了人见人烦的家伙。
意在,为了 with the intention of or for the purpose ofBy way of introduction to my subject,I'd like to tell you how I first came to be interested in it.为了引入我的话题,我想告诉你我起初是怎样对这个问题感兴趣的。
Let's eat out tonight, by way of a change. 咱们到外面去吃饭吧,换换口味。
What are you thinking of doing by way of a holiday this year? 今年的假期你打算怎么过?
By way of introducing himself he showed me his card. 为了介绍他自己,他让我看了他的名片。
He did it by way of helping me. 他这么做的目的在于帮助我。
- 路经,途经 by a route that includes; viaThey are travelling to France by way of London.他们经伦敦去法国。
- come sb's way
发生或来到某人处 occur or present itself to one
An opportunity like that doesn't often come my way. 这样的机会可不常落在我头上。
- 发生或来到某人处 occur or present itself to one
- every which way
四面八方,上下左右 in every direction; all over the place
When the police arrived, the crowd started running every which way. 警察赶到时,人群向四面八方奔跑。
America, in short, has become overrun with runners running every which way. 总而言之,跑步在美国已是风行一时,到处都有人在跑。
- 四面八方,上下左右 in every direction; all over the place
- get〔have〕 one's own way
为所欲为 get or do what one wants, often in spite of opposition
She always gets her own way in the end. 到头来总是她想怎样就怎样。
He's very charming and always manages to get his own way. 他很讨人喜欢,所以做起事来总是能如愿以偿。
If I had my own way, these drug dealers would be shot! 要是让我来处理,这些毒品贩子就得枪毙!
The child is rather spoiled because his mother has always let him have his own way. 这孩子给娇惯坏了,他妈妈总是由着他爱干什么就干什么。
- 为所欲为 get or do what one wants, often in spite of opposition
- give way (to)
断裂,倒塌,垮了 break or collapseHer legs suddenly gave way and she fell to the floor.她两腿突然支持不住,摔倒在地板上了。
The floor gave way under the heavy weight. 地板被重物压塌了。
The bridge will give way if we don't take the load off our vehicles before we cross it. 假如我们不把车上载的货卸掉就过桥,桥会垮掉。
His health has given way. 他身体垮了。
让某人在先,让出,放弃 allow sb/sth to be first; yieldYou must give way when you come to this junction.你到了这个路口必须让路。
Give way to traffic coming from the right. 让右方驶来的车辆先行。
听任自己表现 let oneself be overcomeMrs. Jones didn't give way during the flood, but she was very frightened.发洪水时琼斯太太害怕得要命,但没有失去控制。
He gave way to tears. 他痛哭流涕。
She didn't shout, but she gave way to a low controlled anger. 她并没有高声叫喊,但是她控制不住压抑着的怒火。
让步,妥协 make concessionsMy new evidence forced him to give way.我的新证据迫使他屈服。
Mary refused at first but she gave way in the end. 玛丽起初拒绝,最后还是让了步。
A deadlock was reached in the discussions, as neither side would give way to the other. 讨论中出现了僵局,因为哪一方都不愿向对方让步。
被代替 be replaced by sthThe storm gave way to bright sunshine.暴风雨过后出现了灿烂的阳光。
Steam trains gave way to electric trains. 蒸汽火车被电力火车取代。
Jealousy gave way to admiration of their prowess. 嫉妒消失了,代替它的是对他们的杰出的才能的钦佩。
- 断裂,倒塌,垮了 break or collapseHer legs suddenly gave way and she fell to the floor.她两腿突然支持不住,摔倒在地板上了。
- go one's own way
按自己的意愿行事 act independently or as one chooses, especially against the advice of others
Whatever you suggest, she will always go her own way. 无论怎样劝说,她也总是我行我素。
It is a waste of time warning him— he is determined to go his own way. 警告他等于浪费时间,因为他决心要照自己的意思去做。
- 按自己的意愿行事 act independently or as one chooses, especially against the advice of others
- go out of one's way
特意不怕麻烦做某事 take particular care and trouble to do sth
The shop assistant went out of his way to find what we needed. 那个店员不厌其烦地满足我们的需要。
Although he was busy, he went out of his way to help me. 他虽然很忙,还是想尽办法帮助我。
She went out of her way to make things difficult for us. 她千方百计刁难我们。
- 特意不怕麻烦做某事 take particular care and trouble to do sth
- go sb's way
- 与某人同路 travel in the same direction as sbIf you are going my way, perhaps we can share a taxi.如果你和我同路,也许我们可以同坐一辆出租车。
对某人有利 be favourable to sbThings certainly seem to be going our way.看来事情确实对我们有利。
I woke up late this morning, and then the traffic delayed me as I came to work— nothing seems to be going my way today. 今天早上醒晚了,上班时又因交通拥挤而耽误了时间——看来今天什么都不顺心。
- have it both ways
两全其美,两者兼得 gain advantage from each of two opposing opinions or actions
You'll have to decide whether you want to lose weight or eat chocolates; you cannot have it both ways! 要减轻体重还是要吃巧克力,你得选择其中之一,两者不可兼得!
You cannot have it both ways. You must either stay home or come with us. 你不可能二者兼得,要不你留在家里,要不就跟我们一起去。
- 两全其美,两者兼得 gain advantage from each of two opposing opinions or actions
- have it one's own way
为所欲为 have what one wants, especially by imposing one's will on others
All right, have it your own way— I'm tired of arguing. 好了,随你的便吧——我懒得和你争了。
- 为所欲为 have what one wants, especially by imposing one's will on others
- in a big way
大规模 on a large scale
He's got himself into trouble in a big way. 他可惹了大麻烦了。
She collects antiques in a big way. 她收集了大量古玩。
- 大规模 on a large scale
- in a way
在某种程度上 to a certain extent but not entirely
In a way I can see what you mean, even though I don't share your point of view. 尽管我同你看法不一样,但在一定程度上我是能理解你的意思的。
- 在某种程度上 to a certain extent but not entirely
- in the way
造成不便或阻碍 causing inconvenience or an obstruction
I couldn't get through the door because there was a big box in the way. 有一只大箱子堵着门,我过不去。
I left them alone, as I felt I was in the way. 我躲开他们,因为我觉得我碍他们的事。
- 造成不便或阻碍 causing inconvenience or an obstruction
- look the other way
避而不看某人 avoid seeing sb/sth, deliberately or by chance
When I saw Jane in the street, she just looked the other way. 当我在街上看到简时,她只是装作没看见。
- 避而不看某人 avoid seeing sb/sth, deliberately or by chance
- make one's way
走,行走,前进 go (forward)
I'll make my way home now. 我现在要回家了。
I made my way towards the harbour. 我朝港口的方向走。
He made his way along the road. 他沿着公路走。
When the concert was over we made our way out of the hall. 音乐会结束时,我们从大厅里挤了出来。
- 走,行走,前进 go (forward)
- make way
让开,让路,让位 get out of sb's path; provide the necessary space
Make way, there! I need to get through. 让一让,我需要走过去。
The old houses were knocked down to make way for a new office development. 老房子被拆除了,好腾出地方来建造新办公楼。
- 让开,让路,让位 get out of sb's path; provide the necessary space
- no way
绝不 under no circumstances or by no means
Give up our tea break?No way! 让我们放弃工作休息时间?没门儿!
“Will you help me do this?” “No way; do it yourself!” “你来帮我干这个好吗?”“不行,你自己干吧!”
There's no way I'm agreeing to that! 这件事我绝不同意!
No way will I go on working for that man. 我不再给那个人工作了。
- 绝不 under no circumstances or by no means
- on one's/the way
在路上 in the process of going or coming
It's getting late; we must be on our way. 天黑了,我们该走了。
Our car broke down on the way to New York. 我们的车在去纽约的路上坏了。
It looks as if more trouble is on the way. 看来,更多的麻烦还在后头呢。
- 在路上 in the process of going or coming
- on the way out
正在离开 in the process of leavingI bumped into him on the way out.我正出门的时候碰上了他。
There is a rumour that Jack is on the way out. 据传杰克即将离职。
- 渐渐过时 going out of fashion or favour; becoming obsoleteLook at her face! Doesn't she know that thick black eyeliner is on the way out?瞧她的脸!她难道不知道涂那厚厚的黑色描眼膏已过时了?
- 正在离开 in the process of leavingI bumped into him on the way out.我正出门的时候碰上了他。
- one way and another
考虑到各个方面 considering various aspects of the matter together
She's been very successful, one way and another. 无论从哪方面看,她都是很有成就的。
- 考虑到各个方面 considering various aspects of the matter together
- one way or another
不管怎样 considering everything
We must finish the job this week one way or another. 我们无论如何必须在本周做完这项工作。
- 不管怎样 considering everything
- out of the way
偏远 far from a town or city; remoteI'd better show you how to get to the house, as it's rather out of the way and you might get lost.我最好还是把到那房子的方法指给你看,因为它很偏僻,弄不好你会迷路。
My new house in the country is very nice, but it's rather out of the way. 我乡间的新居很漂亮,就是偏僻了一点。
异常的,罕见的,不普通的 exceptional; uncommonHe has done nothing out of the way yet.他倒还没干出离谱的事。
We did nothing out of the way on our holiday. 我们的假日过得平平常常。
I didn't see anything out of the way in his talk. 在他的发言中,我们没听出什么新鲜的东西。
Peter said something out of the way during the breakfast. 彼得在吃早饭时说了一些不当的话。
- 偏远 far from a town or city; remoteI'd better show you how to get to the house, as it's rather out of the way and you might get lost.我最好还是把到那房子的方法指给你看,因为它很偏僻,弄不好你会迷路。
- put in the way of
使(某人)有机会做(某事) give sb the chance of doing〔getting〕 sth put sb in the way of sth
He put me in the way of a job.他使我有机会得到一份工作。
- 使(某人)有机会做(某事) give sb the chance of doing〔getting〕 sth put sb in the way of sth
- see one's way to
觉得可能 find that it is possible or convenient to do sth see one's way to v-ing
I cannot see my way clear to finishing the work this year.我看我今年做不完这项工作。
I don't see my way clear to recommending you for the job.我觉得不便推荐你去担任那项工作。
Could you see your way to lending me ￡10 for a couple of days?你能不能借我10英镑,过两天还你?
- 觉得可能 find that it is possible or convenient to do sth see one's way to v-ing
- stand in sb's way
阻止某人做某事 prevent sb from doing sth
Alexander threatens to stand in your way if you insist on taking up the same profession as his. 亚历山大威胁说,如果你坚持要从事和他一样的职业,他会从中作梗。
If you really want to leave home,I won't stand in your way, but I think it's a foolish idea at your age. 如果你真的要离开家,我不阻挡你,不过我觉得在你这样的年纪有这样的想法是愚蠢的。
- 阻止某人做某事 prevent sb from doing sth
- the other way round
与料想的相反 the opposite of what is expected or supposed
I was accused of stealing money from her, but in fact it was the other way round. 说我偷了她的钱,其实正相反,是她偷了我的钱。
- 与料想的相反 the opposite of what is expected or supposed
- under way
已经开始并进行着 having started and making progressAn investigation is under way.调查工作在进行中。
The yearly campaign to raise funds for the Red Cross is already under way. 每年一度为红十字会募集基金的运动已在进行中。
启航 start to move through the waterThe great ship got under way.大船启航了。
We drew up the two boats, and set all hands at work to put the ship under way. 我们停住两只小船,一起动手开动大船。
Because of the delay, the ship did not get under way until midnight. 因为延误,到午夜才开船。
- 已经开始并进行着 having started and making progressAn investigation is under way.调查工作在进行中。
- way of life
生活方式 normal pattern of social or working life of a person or group
Do you think my way of life would suit you? 你认为我的生活方式对你合适吗?
Foreigners take some time to adjust to our way of life. 外国人要花一些时间才能适应我们的生活方式。
- 生活方式 normal pattern of social or working life of a person or group
- work one's way
半工半读 have a paid job while one is a student
She had to work her way through law school. 她须半工半读学习法律。
- 半工半读 have a paid job while one is a student
- work one's way through
从头到尾做 do sth from beginning to end
It takes years to work your way through the examination system until you gain a degree. 你需要花上几年时间奋力通过全部考试才能获得学位。
He was working his way steadily through an enormous steak. 他在聚精会神地吃很大一块牛排。
- 从头到尾做 do sth from beginning to end
- work one's way up
获提升,晋级 be promoted from a low grade to a high one
The chairman of the company claims to have worked his way up from delivery boy. 公司董事长声称他是从一名送货童逐步升上去的。
- 获提升,晋级 be promoted from a low grade to a high one
- way back
很久以前 a long time ago
We're friends from way back. 我们老早就是朋友了。
That happened way back in the 19th century. 那件事早在19世纪就发生了。
I first met him way back in the fifties. 我和他最初见面是早在50年代的事。
- 很久以前 a long time ago
- ask the way 问路
- bar sb's way 妨碍某人通行
- break down old way 破除旧习
- clear the way 扫清道路,让路
- cut out one's way 开辟道路
- feel one's way 摸索着前进,小心从事
- fight one's way forward 奋勇前进,闯出前进的道路
- find a way out 找到出路,发现出路
- go one's way 出发,动身,离去
- know the way to 知道到…的路
- lead the way 带路,引路,示范
- lose one's way 迷路
- make way 让路,前进
- make one's way in life 事业有所成就
- open the way 开辟道路
- pave the way for 为…铺平道路
- pick one's way through 谨慎地走过…
- point the way 指路
- stand in the way of 阻碍,妨碍
- wind one's way 蜿蜒前进
- work one's way through...(to) 在…中缓慢吃力地行进(至)
- worm one's way 小心缓慢地行进
- adopt a way 采用一种方式
- appreciate a way of 欣赏…方法〔手段〕
- change the way of 改变…方法〔方式〕
- have a way with 对…有办法
- show sb the way 给某人指出路
- suggest a way of 提出…方法
- think out a way 想出个办法
- cut both ways (议论、行为等)对双方都起作用,模棱两可
- find one's way 达到目的
- gain one's way 达到目的
- get one's own way 自主行事,随心所欲
- get under way 开始进行,开始
- give way 撤退,让步,屈服,(身体)垮掉
- go all the way 完全一致
- go one's own way 独立行动,一意孤行
- go out of one's way 特地,想尽办法
- have a way for 特别喜欢,极爱
- have one's (own) way 随心所欲,为所欲为
- know one's way around 熟悉业务
- mend one's ways 改过自新
- pay one's way 支付应承担的费用,勉强维持
- put oneself out of the way 牺牲自己以助他人
- see one's way 能够,愿意
- take one's own way 独自行动,一意孤行
- win one's way 取得成功
- evil ways 邪路
- permanent way 铁路
- separate ways 不同的路
- shortest way 最近的路
- accustomed way 习惯的方式
- arterial way 干线
- backhanded way 转弯抹角的说法
- brief way 简短的陈述
- careless way 粗心大意的习惯
- charming ways 讨人喜欢的方式
- common way 通常方式
- different ways 不同的方向
- easy way 容易的方法
- effective way 有效的方法
- familiar way 熟悉的方法,常用的方法
- foreign ways 外国的风俗
- good way 好方法
- modern way 现代的方法
- proper way 正确的方式
- right way 正确的方式
- wrong way 错误的方式
- by way of 经由,作为,当作
- by way of apology 作为道歉
- by way of example 作为例子
- by the way 顺便提一下
- in a way 在某种程度上
- in a big way 隆重地
- in a certain way 在某一方面
- in a small way 小规模地,节俭地
- in every way 在各方面
- in no way 没有任何一点,绝不
- in the way 挡道的,碍事的
- in the family way 怀孕
- in the poor way 不景气
- in this way 这样
- on the way 在路上
- on the way out 即将过时
- on the way to the airport 去机场的路上
- out of harm's way 受不到伤害的地方
- out of the way 不挡道,不妨碍人,偏僻的
- under way 在进行中
- the way into 进入…的路
- the way into the park 进公园的路
- the way out of 出…的路
- the way out of the city 出城的路
- the way out of this building 出这幢楼的路
- the way out of this mess 摆脱这困境的路
- the way to freedom 奔向自由的道路
- the way to success 成功的道路
- the way to the station 去车站的路
- the way of life 生活方式
- the way of talking 讲话方式
- the way of trade 做生意的方式
- the way to sb's heart 对某人十分称心的做法〔方式〕
In winter, when the ways were bad and the nights long.出自：Ld Macaulay
In among the silver birches winding ways of tarmac wander.出自：J. Betjeman
The Pennine Way..goes from Edale in Derbyshire..to Teesdale.出自：Daily Mail
But, in the beaten way of friendship, what make you at Elsinore?出自：Hamlet,Shakespeare
The three men had become mere specks, 'way down the road.出自：Baroness Orczy
They live way up top.出自：H. Kurnitz
It's late, Holmes, way after eleven.出自：K. Hulme
The country's always been way ahead in industrial..development.出自：N. Gordimer
- way作“方法,方式,手段”解时,前面常加介词in。如果way前有this, that等限定词,介词可省略,但如果放在句首,介词则不可省略。
- way作“方式,方法”解时,其后可接of v -ing或to- v 作定语,也可接定语从句,引导从句的关系代词或关系副词常可省略。
- by the way表面上似乎暗示打算顺便补充些不太重要的话,但事实上却常被用来引出一个其实是十分重要的话题。例如:By the way,I wonder if we could discuss my salary some time?顺便问一下,我想知道我们能不能找个时间讨论一下我的薪酬问题?
- 口语中in the family way常用作委婉语,表示“怀孕了”。例如:Sue and Liz are happy because their mother is in the family way.苏和里兹很高兴,因为他们的母亲怀孕了。
- way back表示“很久以前”。
- way, manner, method, mode
这组词都有“方法”的意思。其区别在于：1.method指具有一套理论和系统做指导的方法,强调其条理性、高效率,是就设计而言的,存在于头脑中,有好的也有不好的。2.manner着重指一个人做事的方式和从一些具体动作上表现出来的特征,其复数形式manners的意思是“礼貌”“举止”“风俗”,与单数形式的意思有很大的差别,为庄重用语,例如:They carried on their research work in a systematic and well organized manner.他们系统地、有条不紊地进行着科研工作。He did everything in a leisurely manner.他做什么事都是一副不紧不慢的样子。The results depend as much on the manner of executing the plans as on the plans themselves.计划执行的结果,不仅取决于计划本身,也同样取决于执行的方法。3.way指某人在处理某一问题或做某件事时用他自己与众不同的方式或习惯去做,为普通用语。例如:He always speaks in a careless way.他总是漫不经心地说话。The century has brought us not only new things to see but new ways of seeing.本世纪以来我们不但有了许多新事物,而且有了看待问题的新方法。4.mode指在举止、言谈、写作、生活等方面已形成固定的习惯或独特的模式,不含条理性,强调刻板、不易改变,是就应用而言的,有熟练的也有笨拙的。例如:He suddenly became wealthy, which changed his whole mode of life.他突然有钱了,财富改变了他的整个生活方式。It is a bad mode of holding a pen.那是一种不好的拿笔方法。
- way, path, road, route, track
这组词都有“路”的意思。其区别在于：1.path指“小路”“小径”,常为人或畜走出来的路,引申可指思想、行为和生活等途径。2.road意义广泛,一般指交通大道。例如:The roads were blocked with crowds of people. 道路被人群挤得水泄不通。Houses in this area have all appreciated in value since the new road was built.新路建好之后这一地区的房子都增值了。He advocated building more good roads.他主张修筑更多的好公路。We have been advised that the roads are too icy for the trip.有人告诉我们路太滑不好走。3.way泛指路,常和其他词构成复合词。例如:They barred the way and we couldn't go any farther.他们挡住了路,我们不能再往前走。On our way to the peak, a fierce storm suddenly blew up.在爬向顶峰时,突然刮起猛烈的大风。The land has appreciated greatly since the new railway was built.自新铁路建成后,这片地的价值大为增加。4.route指按规定行走的路线、航线。例如:They returned by the same route.他们从原路返回。They decided on the route they were to take.他们决定了要走的路线。The plane did not fly the usual commercial route.飞机没有沿通常的商业航线飞。5.track所指的路铺有车轨。例如:They are laying the tracks for a new railway.他们正在为铁路铺新轨。The locomotive ran off the track and the cars overturned.机车出了轨,车厢翻了。
- manner method way mode fashion means approach
- path road way street highway avenue motorway route lane pavement trail
误 Would you tell me the road to the station?
正 Would you tell me the way to the station?
析 road和way都有“路”的意思, road通常指“道路,马路”,而way则指“从某地到某地的路”,即“路线”,而不一定是“马路”。
误 On China's way of modernization science and technology are playing a more and more important role.
正 On China's road〔path〕 to modernization science and technology are playing a more and more important role.
析 作为比喻的“道路”,通常用road或path,介词不用of,应用to。way of modernization表示“现代化的方式”。
误 Please don't stand in the kitchen door— you're on the way.
正 Please don't stand in the kitchen door— you're in the way.
析 表示“妨碍,碍事”,可以说in the way。on the way表示“在…途中”。
误 On the way to office,I met an old friend of mine.
正 On the way to my/the office,I met an old friend of mine.
析 on the way to表示“在去…的路上”,在表示具体地点的名词前须加物主代词或定冠词the,如office, house等; 在表示抽象意义的名词前则不加物主代词或定冠词,如work, school等。
误 On his way to home, he was caught in rain.
正 On his way home, he was caught in rain.
析 on one's way后如果接表示地点的副词,则不用介词to。
误 He is on the way to become an engineer.
正 He is on the way to becoming an engineer.
析 表示“即将成为…”时,可以说on the way to v -ing,这里的to是介词,不是动词不定式符号。
误 Please go in this way.
正 Please go this way.
析 表示“请往…走”,常可说please go this〔that,the other 〕way, way的前面都不用in。
误 It's a nice way for travelling.
正 It's a nice way of travelling.
正 It's a nice way to travel.
析 在表示“方式,方法”时, way后面可以接动词不定式,也可以接“of+ v -ing”形式,介词of不可换成for。
误 The way which he did it attracted me.
正 The way he did it attracted me.
正 The way that he did it attracted me.
析 the way表示“…的方式〔方法〕”时,后面可用定语从句修饰,此时,引导从句的关系代词或关系副词往往省略。
误 This is the way how I do it.
正 This is the way I do it.
正 This is how I do it.
误 Mary drove up to the shopping center by the way of Pitt Street.
正 Mary drove up to the shopping center by way of Pitt Street.
析 表示“经由,取道”,可以说by way of, way之前不可加冠词the。
误 His fear gave way to be angry.
正 His fear gave way to anger.
析 表示“让位给,转化为”,可以说give way to, to是介词,不是动词不定式符号。
误 He went out of his way to helping her.
正 He went out of his way to help her.
析 go out of one's way表示“特意努力去做某事”时, way后可接动词不定式,而不接动名词。
误 They made a way for the bus.
正 They made way for the bus.
析 表示“给…让道”,可以说make way for, make和for之间不可加冠词。
误 My new house in the country is very nice. It's rather out of way, but it's also very private.
正 My new house in the country is very nice. It's rather out of the way, but it's also very private.
析 out of the way可表示“偏僻的,很少有人去的”, way之前定冠词the不可省。
误 From a way you are right.
正 In a way you are right.
析 in a way是习语,表示“从…方面来说”,介词in不可换用其他介词。
误 In no way theory can be separated from practice.
正 In no way can theory be separated from practice.
析 in no way表示“绝不,根本不”,位于句首时,句子应部分倒装。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的ewg；最初源自原始日耳曼语的ewgaz，意为路。
- way:way n. 路, 路线, 路途, 习惯, 行业, 规模, 道路, 情形adj. 中途, 途中的adv. 远远地, 大大地, 非常Google提供的广告习惯用语across the way 路对面,…