- v. 处理；对付；阻截(对方球员)；与…交涉
- n. 滑车；用具；铲球；(美式足球)拦截手
- 【海】 帆的滑车索具，吊索
- vt. 解决; 应付 deal with; attack (a problem, a piece of work)
- vt. & vi. 捉住; 抱住 seize, lay hold of sb eg. a thief, a player who in Rugby, has the ball
- [C]拦截; 擒抱 (in football) an act of trying to take the ball from an opponent
- [U]器具,器械,用具 the equipment used in certain sports
- [C][U]滑车,滑轮组 (a system of) ropes and wheels for working a ship's sails, lifting heavy weights, etc.
the person who plays that position on a football team;
"the right tackle is a straight A student"
gear consisting of ropes etc. supporting a ship's masts and sails
gear used in fishing
(American football) a position on the line of scrimmage;
"it takes a big man to play tackle"
(American football) grasping an opposing player with the intention of stopping by throwing to the ground
accept as a challenge;
"I'll tackle this difficult task"
put a harness;
"harness the horse"
seize and throw down an opponent player, who usually carries the ball
- Can you suggest how we might tackle the problem?
- I suggested to him that we should tackle the problem another way.
- I'll tackle the boss for a raise.
- If Bill is late again I will tackle him about it .
- Footballers must learn to tackle fearlessly.
- The cupboard was stuffed with old fishing tackle.
- The footballer side-stepped the tackle.
- The tackle looks fair but a free kick is awarded.
- tackle about〔on〕 (v.+prep.)
公开或坦诚地向某人谈… speak to sb frankly (about a matter)
tackle sb about〔on〕 sth
If Bill is late again,I'll tackle him about it.
If she keeps missing school like this, you'll have to tackle her parents about it.
The lawyer proceeded to tackle him on this subject.
He's always playing his radio at full blast.It's high time I tackled him about it.
- tackle business 处理业务
- tackle difficulty 处理困难
- tackle opponent 摔倒对手
- tackle problem 处理问题
- tackle task 解决问题
- tackle sb about〔on,over〕 sth 公开或坦诚地向某人谈…
- tackle sb about a divorce 与某人交涉离婚问题
- tackle one's business with skill 熟练地处理业务
- strong tackle 有力的阻截
- tackles for lifting 起重用的滑轮
George wanted the shaving tackle.出自： J. K. Jerome
The shyppe be..tacled with sayle and ballast.出自： T. Nicolls