- n. 接触；联系；熟人
- v. (与)联系；(与)接触
- adj. 接触的
- [U]接触 the act or state of touching or coming together
- [U]联系,联络,交往 the state of having a connection or exchanging information or ideas with sb else
- [C]接头人,联络人 a social, professional, or business connection; a person one knows who can help
- [C]触点,接头 an electrical part that can be moved to touch another part in order to complete an electrical circuit
- vt. & vi. 联系 communicate with
"they kept in daily contact"
"they claimed that they had been in contact with extraterrestrial beings"
the act of touching physically;
"her fingers came in contact with the light switch"
the state or condition of touching or of being in immediate proximity;
"litmus paper turns red on contact with an acid"
the physical coming together of two or more things;
"contact with the pier scraped paint from the hull"
a person who is in a position to give you special assistance;
"he used his business contacts to get an introduction to the governor"
a channel for communication between groups;
"he provided a liaison with the guerrillas"
(electronics) a junction where things (as two electrical conductors) touch or are in physical contact;
"they forget to solder the contacts"
a communicative interaction;
"the pilot made contact with the base"
"he got in touch with his colleagues"
a thin curved glass or plastic lens designed to fit over the cornea in order to correct vision or to deliver medication
be in or establish communication with;
"Our advertisements reach millions"
"He never contacted his children after he emigrated to Australia"
be in direct physical contact with; make contact;
"The two buildings touch"
"Their hands touched"
"The wire must not contact the metal cover"
"The surfaces contact at this point"
- The rich secluded themselves from contact with the poor.
- I finally made contact with her in Paris.
- She has a contact in the software industry.
- Contact the police at once!
- Our patrols on all our fronts contacted no enemy today.
- She suffers from a contact skin rash.
- Have the children been in contact with the disease?
- Until recently, this remote tribe had little contact with the outside world.
- In his contact with others, he never forces people to accept his point of view.
- I've got a useful contact in the tax office.
- The switch closes the contacts and complete the circuit.
- We agreed to contact again as soon as possible.
- If the exposed wires contact, we shall have a short circuit.
- She thought perhaps the scout would still come to contact.
- I'll contact you by telephone.
- Where can I contact you tomorrow?
- I must contact my lawyer before I make my final decisions.
- Please contact Mrs. Oda for further details.
- They tried hard but still couldn't contact the headquarter.
- I'm sorry not to have contacted you sooner but I've been off colour for the last few days.
- Please contact me at your earliest convenience.
- Brake shoes contact the inside diameter of the drum.
- No enemy was contacted by our patrols on all our fronts today.
- The nearest hospital should be contacted right away.
- contact with (v.+prep.)
与…有交往 have a touch with (sb)
contact with sb
He contacted with me.
Have you contacted with your solicitor recently?
We contacted with the ship by radio.
Until recently, this remote tribe had contacted little with the outside world.
- business contact 业务联系
- in contact with 与…接触
- contact between teacher and student 老师和学生之间的接触
- contact one's lawyer 联系某人的律师
His lifelong contact with tough men had hardened him.出自： R. K. Narayan
I was in radio contact with..the helicopters which were on their way to pick me up.出自： V. Grissom
I have had many contacts with my friends.
During my stay in the city I contacted several teachers.
- 表示“开始与某人接触”时，可以用以下来两种表达方式：come into contact with和come in contact with。前者比后者使用更频繁；
- make contact with 表示“与某人进行接触”；
I have got this information from one of my contacts, who used to live overseas.
- contact, touch
- 这两个词都可表示“接触”“联系”。其区别在于:touch指具体的、感觉器官的接触,并暗示这类接触所带来的优美或亲密的感觉; 而contact指抽象的接触,仅指“联系”而身体未必接触。例如:
- I must contact my lawyer before I make my final decisions.在作出最后决定以前,我必须先同我的律师联系一下。
- Until recently, this remote tribe had contacted little with the outside world.这个边远的部落直到最近和外界几乎没什么联系。
- ☆ 17世纪20年代进入英语，直接源自拉丁语的contingere：com (一起） + tangere (接触），意为在一起接触。