- v. 得到；使得；抓住；克服；明白；激怒；患（病）；达到
- n. 生育；后代；救球
- vt. 得到; 收到 receive; obtain; procure; acquire
- link-v 成为,变得 become (into)
- vt. 具有 have got, have, e.g. as a possession or characteristic
- vt. & vi. 到达,来,往 arrive; come, go
- vt. 使得 cause sth to be done
- vt. (去)拿来 carry, bring
- vt. 理解,听到,学得 understand; hear, learn
- vt. 感染上,得(病) catch (an illness)
- vt. 抓住,击中,杀死 catch, hit, attack, kill
- vt. 受到(惩罚等) be punished
- vi. 开始,逐渐 begin
a return on a shot that seemed impossible to reach and would normally have resulted in a point for the opponent
come into the possession of something concrete or abstract;
"She got a lot of paintings from her uncle"
"They acquired a new pet"
"Get your results the next day"
"Get permission to take a few days off from work"
enter or assume a certain state or condition;
"He became annoyed when he heard the bad news"
"It must be getting more serious"
"her face went red with anger"
"She went into ecstasy"
cause to move; cause to be in a certain position or condition;
"He got his squad on the ball"
"This let me in for a big surprise"
"He got a girl into trouble"
receive a specified treatment (abstract);
"These aspects of civilization do not find expression or receive an interpretation"
"His movie received a good review"
"I got nothing but trouble for my good intentions"
reach a destination; arrive by movement or progress;
"She arrived home at 7 o'clock"
"She didn't get to Chicago until after midnight"
go or come after and bring or take back;
"Get me those books over there, please"
"Could you bring the wine?"
"The dog fetched the hat"
go through (mental or physical states or experiences);
"get an idea"
"have a feeling"
take vengeance on or get even;
"We'll get them!"
"That'll fix him good!"
"This time I got him"
achieve a point or goal;
"Nicklaus had a 70"
"The Brazilian team got 4 goals"
"She made 29 points that day"
cause to do; cause to act in a specified manner;
"The ads induced me to buy a VCR"
"My children finally got me to buy a computer"
"My wife made me buy a new sofa"
succeed in catching or seizing, especially after a chase;
"We finally got the suspect"
"Did you catch the thief?"
come to have or undergo a change of (physical features and attributes);
"He grew a beard"
"The patient developed abdominal pains"
"I got funny spots all over my body"
be stricken by an illness, fall victim to an illness;
"He got AIDS"
"She came down with pneumonia"
"She took a chill"
communicate with a place or person; establish communication with, as if by telephone;
"Bill called this number and he got Mary"
"The operator couldn't get Kobe because of the earthquake"
give certain properties to something;
"get someone mad"
"She made us look silly"
"He made a fool of himself at the meeting"
"Don't make this into a big deal"
"This invention will make you a millionaire"
"Make yourself clear"
move into a desired direction of discourse;
"What are you driving at?"
grasp with the mind or develop an understanding of;
"did you catch that allusion?"
"We caught something of his theory in the lecture"
"don't catch your meaning"
"did you get it?"
"She didn't get the joke"
"I just don't get him"
attract and fix;
"His look caught her"
"She caught his eye"
"Catch the attention of the waiter"
reach with a blow or hit in a particular spot;
"the rock caught her in the back of the head"
"The blow got him in the back"
"The punch caught him in the stomach"
reach by calculation;
"What do you get when you add up these numbers?"
acquire as a result of some effort or action;
"You cannot get water out of a stone"
"Where did she get these news?"
"What did you get at the toy store?"
perceive by hearing;
"I didn't catch your name"
"She didn't get his name when they met the first time"
suffer from the receipt of;
"She will catch hell for this behavior!"
receive as a retribution or punishment;
"He got 5 years in prison"
leave immediately; used usually in the imperative form;
reach and board;
"She got the bus just as it was leaving"
"Her childish behavior really get to me"
"His lying really gets me"
evoke an emotional response;
"Brahms's `Requiem' gets me every time"
apprehend and reproduce accurately;
"She really caught the spirit of the place in her drawings"
"She got the mood just right in her photographs"
earn or achieve a base by being walked by the pitcher;
"He drew a base on balls"
overcome or destroy;
"The ice storm got my hibiscus"
"the cat got the goldfish"
be a mystery or bewildering to;
"This beats me!"
"Got me--I don't know the answer!"
"a vexing problem"
"This question really stuck me"
take the first step or steps in carrying out an action;
"We began working at dawn"
"Who will start?"
"Get working as soon as the sun rises!"
"The first tourists began to arrive in Cambodia"
"He began early in the day"
"Let's get down to work now"
undergo (as of injuries and illnesses);
"She suffered a fracture in the accident"
"He had an insulin shock after eating three candy bars"
"She got a bruise on her leg"
"He got his arm broken in the scuffle"
"Abraham begot Isaac"
"Men often father children but don't recognize them"
- The problem is when to get the money we need.
- If Peter had applied for the post, he would probably get it now.
- She soon got the children ready for school.
- Do you think you'll get the work finished on time?
- She tried to get a grip on the icy rock.
- We will find ways to get over the difficulties.
- I don't get your meaning.
- What gets me is having to do the same thing all day long.
- She gets really bad headaches.
- Can we get to the station in time?
- You'll get there in the end if you work hard!
- The visitors got here last night.
- After travelling all summer,I was glad to get home.
- We won't get anywhere that way.
- You'll get nowhere if you follow his instruction.
- He works so hard and so devotedly that he is sure to get somewhere.
- They tried to talk, but not knowing each other's language they didn't get far.
- You'll get to like it in time.
- At first he neglected my advice, at last he got to believe it.
- It got to be dearer now.
- She was getting an old woman.
- In this way we get better results in teaching.
- It's getting chilly.
- Outside it was getting light.
- The days are getting longer and longer.
- The food's getting cold.
- A white dress gets dirty very fast.
- He is getting old.
- The old man seems to be getting younger and younger.
- I am getting restless.
- He got angry with me because of my remark.
- The UN began to get more and more powerful.
- He got sick.
- Now, now, boys and girls, don't get so excited!
- The daughter of a friend of mine got married the other day.
- He got killed in the war.
- They got punished by the teacher.
- You nearly got hit by that car!
- Two months later he got used to Mexican food.
- My son has got used to getting up early in the morning.
- I can't get moving.
- We went out for a moment and then got chatting together.
- Things haven't really got going yet.
- Please go and get him.
- We'll get you there somehow.
- This method won't get you anywhere.
- I have a very lovely dog, and I got it from a friend.
- You can get a B grade just for that answer.
- Darwin got his doctor's degree at Cambridge University.
- He got a job as a teacher in one of the middle schools.
- We could get some coolness here.
- He got the upper hand.
- The police got wind of the intended burglary, and so surprised the thieves as they were entering the premises.
- He got a nasty blow on the head.
- I got the minister on the ear with a potato.
- The police got the thief.
- Take off those wet clothes or you'll get a cold.
- I got the flu twice last month.
- I'm going to get my hat from the other room.
- I must get a book on geography or the other students will be ahead of me.
- He got the money from me by a trick.
- Get the two beds outdoors.
- Did you get a ticket?
- They got as much food as could last the winter.
- I used to get my suits at Macy's.
- She gets high salary.
- The employer cheated the workers into the belief that they could get 2000 yuan a month as long as they worked hard.
- Do speak a bit slower; I don't get you.
- The teacher told them to get the poem by heart.
- I can't get what you said, your voice is so low, could you raise your voice?
- I didn't get the letter until this morning.
- I have got words that some leaders of the government will inspect our school.
- He got a chill at the picnic.
- She has got herself a good husband.
- Get the students a good teacher.
- Get yourself a haircut!
- I'll get you a watch.
- Please first get me something to eat.
- Conduct such as this will get the club a bad name.
- Can you get a ticket for me?
- Then I'll go and get a cake for you.
- Get the pencil for me.
- We got mother to prepare our lunch.
- They wanted to get the workers to call off the strike.
- We've got you to thank for all the mess we are in.
- I can't get this old radio to work.
- I can't get this door to shut properly.
- He could not be got to give his consent.
- The machine was at last got to start.
- Can you get that electric toy working?
- I shall soon get the machine working.
- Can you get the clock going?
- His words got us thinking.
- We got him talking about his war experiences.
- I must get my hair cut.
- I've already got the dinner cooked.
- They got a photograph taken together in front of the leaning tower.
- Let's get her x-rayed.
- They told the Emperor that he should get new clothes made of this splendid cloth for the coming great procession.
- He got his leg broken in playing football.
- She got her watch robbed of.
- I don't want to get you connected with this.
- How did the boy get himself dirty?
- The boy got his clothes all wet.
- He got all the answers wrong.
- He finally got the coat clean.
- The door was locked and I couldn't get it open.
- I want to get these chairs upstairs.
- I'll soon get everything in good order.
- The doctor got me on the diet, the pest under control.
- I didn't know you had got a recorder.
- He has got no brains.
- I'm sorry but I haven't got any money with me.
- Say! I've got an idea.
- Why hasn't she got any relations?
- We have got to arrive the station by half past eight.
- I've got to get this coat washed and ironed .
- We've got to thank you for your timely help.
- I've got to be off now.
- get about1 (v.+adv.)
(消息等)传播; 流传 spread
- get about2 (v.+prep.)
(使)在…走动,旅行 (cause to) be able to move or travel around (a place)
get sb about sth
No, a taxi will get you about the city faster.
- get about
- get above (v.+prep.)
超过; 变得自高自大,自傲 surpass; think too highly of oneself
get above sb/oneself
He got above others in English.
Oh, she really is getting above herself!
That young man is getting above himself.He's only been in the firm two weeks and he's already telling his seniors how to do their work.
- get across1 (v.+adv.)
(使)被理解; (使)被接受 (cause to) become understood or accepted
The frontier is so well guarded that no one can get across.
There is too much traffic on this road—I'll never get across.
The river was so turbulent that no one could get across.
He gets across well, doesn't he?
The meaning of the play certainly gets across.
Your thesis wouldn't get across if you used too many technical terms in it.
如果你用了过多的专门术语,你的论文就不会被人理解。get sb/sth ⇔ across
I spoke slowly but I can't get my meaning across.
She managed to get the feeling across that she wasn't happy.
- get across2 (v.+prep.)
使生气; 触犯 annoy or offend sb
get across sth
We got across the river at night.
Only half the company got across the bridge before it was blown up.
整个连只有一半人在桥被炸掉之前过了桥。get across sb
They really get across me!
Jones was dismissed because he got across the foremen.
She got across the headmaster, who made life very difficult for her.
- get after (v.+prep.)
催促; 责备 urge persistently
get after sb
It's their job to get after the villains as fast as possible.
The boy is getting after that dog.
男孩在追那条狗。get after sb to-v
Mother gets after me to wash my own clothes.
妈妈催促我洗自己的衣服。get after sb for v-ing
He got after his sister for tracking mud into the house.
- get along (v.+adv.)
相处; 相处融洽form or have a friendly relationship with sb
- get along with (v.+adv.+prep.)
与…和睦相处form or have a friendly relationship with sb
- get around1〔round〕 (v.+adv.)
随意走走; 旅行 move freely; travel
- get around2〔round〕 (v.+prep.)
绕开,避开 avoid sth or find a way to deal with sth
get around〔round〕 sb
She is so good at getting round him that she'll get the money all right.
That child can always get round you and get what it wants.
那个孩子总是会哄人,结果要的东西都能得到。get around〔round〕 sb to-v
She's going to see if she can get round her boss to give her the afternoon off.
她准备看一下是否能说服上司让她下午休假半天。get around〔round〕 sb/sth
You can sometimes get around the tax laws.
There must be some way of getting round our money difficulties.
Let's try to get round the difficulty.
She decided to get round her parents.
You just can't get round the regulations in this way.
There is no getting round the need for money.
- get around〔round〕 to (v.+adv.+prep.)
说服 persuade sb to accept
get around〔round〕 to sb/sth/v-ing
The committee will get round to your suggestion after they've dealt with urgent business.
He says he'll get round to it next week.
I just can't get round to it.
After a long delay, he got around to writing the letter.
Mr. Li hopes to get around to washing his car next Saturday.
Perhaps we'll get round to doing it some day.
So you finally got round to answering my letter!
你总算找到时间给我回信了!get sb around〔round〕 to sth
We should have very little difficulty getting him round to our way of thinking.
- get at (v.+prep.)
责备; 不断地追问scold; repeatedly to ask, annoy or find fault with sb
get at sb/sth
When the fox could not get at the grapes he said they were sour.
She placed the medicine on a high shelf, where children could not get at it.
We must get a ladder to get at the apples.
After two hours in the library, she finally got at the information she wanted.
The books are locked up and I can't get at them.
The little boy cannot get at the books on the top shelf.
The cat is on the chair trying to get at the bird.
When the Madam was carried away with the music of the opera, a thief's hand was getting at her jewellery.
I have left my keys at home and can't get at my book.
A sensible man keeps his savings in the bank—not in the house where some thief can get at them.
The files are difficult for you to get at.
He is a hard man to get at.
He's a very busy man, and extremely hard to get at, even on the telephone.
At the moment the book you want is at the bottom of that pile, and can't be got at.
Be sure the private papers cannot be got at by curious eyes.
千万不要让人看到这些机密文件。get at sb/sth
The little boy cannot get at the books on the top shelf.
书架最上面那一层的书,小孩发现不了。get a look at wh-clause
I got a look at how he worked.
我看见他怎样工作。get at sb/sth
If I had known what she was getting at,I would have complained to the chairman.
Who was he getting at when he made that remark about “a certain person”?
他说“某个人”时,他到底在指谁?get at sb/sth
The gangsters couldn't get at the mayor.
流氓们无法贿赂市长。get at sb/sth
You're always getting at me.
She is always getting at her husband because of his mistakes.
He's always getting at me for smoking in the kitchen.
- get away (v.+adv.)
逃掉escape, especially from the scene of a crime, or from being caught
- get away from (v.+adv.+prep.)
- get away with (v.+adv.+prep.)
干了(坏事)而不受处分do sth bad and escape punishment
get away with sth
The thieves got away with the money in the bank.
The thieves got away with a large quantity of jewellery.
The cashier has got away with the takings.
He has got away with a huge sum in diamonds.
The dog got away with the meat in his mouth.
狗嘴里衔着肉跑了。get away with sth
I know you're not paying your taxes but you won't get away with it.
The people will never let them get away with it.
He easily got away with it even though he had taken bribes.
Naturally we won't let them get away with this.
In this country ruled by law, few criminals can get away with their crimes.
在这个法治的国家里,罪犯无法逃脱罪有应得的惩罚。get away with v-ing
The child got away with cheating and felt very lucky.
Don't think you can get away with telling lies.
- get back (v.+adv.)
找回; 取回obtain again after loss or separation
What time will you get back?
Johnny's mother told him that he was to get back before dark.
When he got back, he told the Emperor that the cloth was beautiful.
当他回来的时候,他告诉国王那布是美丽的。get back from sth
Mr. Harris got back from Chicago last night.
When do you expect to get back from your trip?
When did you get back from Beijing?
When did you get back from the countryside?
你是什么时候从乡下回来的?get back into sth
The team will have to play much better if they want to get back into the first division.
Get back, don't block the traffic.
The enemy was forced to get back under our massive blows.
在我方的沉重打击下,敌军被迫后退。get sth ⇔ back
With the help of the Chinese dockers, the foreign seaman got back the watch he had lost.
Many citizens in Beijing got back their stolen bicycles at the end of last year.
- get back at (v.+adv.+prep.)
报复,向…报仇take revenge on sb
get back at sb
I'll get back at him for spreading those lies about me.
I'll get back at him one day!
She has promised that she will get back at him for the things he said about her poems.
I'll get back at them somehow for this!
He got back at her for spoiling his evening.
She got back at him by showing me the letter.
- get back to (v.+adv.+prep.)
(尤指在被命令时)离开,后退 move away , especially when ordered
- get behind (v.+adv.)
You'll regret if you get too far behind.
Owing to his illness,Peter couldn't keep up with the rest of the class and get badly behind.
During my illness I got behind in my school work, and now it is difficult to catch up.
He always gets behind in the race.
Our industrial production has got behind in the last three months.
- get by (v.+adv.)
设法; 继续存在manage; survive
- get down (v.+adv.)
射落succeed in shooting down
get sb ⇔ down
This incessant rain and fog is getting me down.
The news seems to have got him down, don't you think we should try to cheer him up?
Repeated failure in the experiments has got the expert down.
Nothing gets me down so much as the flu.
It was easy enough to climb the tree but not easy to get down.
Sam got down from the ladder.
The old lady got down from the bus.
老太太从公共汽车上下了车。get sth ⇔ down
The pill is rather small. I can get it down without water.
The meat was so tough that I simply couldn't get it down.
The pill was so large that he couldn't get it down.
I eventually managed to get the pill down.
The little boy got his medicine down with the help of a spoonful of jam.
那小男孩借助于一勺果酱把药咽下去了。get sth ⇔ down
He speaks so fast that I cannot get down every word.
Make sure that you get it down and his signature on it.
Get down what you have observed in the experiment and report it to me after I come back.
He thought he heard a mouse under the bed, and got down on all fours to have a look.
He got down and began to pray.
他跪下,开始祈祷。get sth ⇔ down
The hunters got down a number of birds.
They got down two enemy aircraft.
- get down to (v.+adv.+prep.)
开始认真处理,对待start to work seriously on
get down to sth/v-ing
When you get down to it, it isn't so difficult.
She decided to get down to her French.
She got down to her work right after her holiday.
Having discussed the general theories, let's get down to cases.
It's time you got down to some practice or the other students will leave you behind.
You'll never finish the task unless you get down to it.
What with callers and telephone messages, it was ten o'clock before I could get down to my work.
I'm going to get down to studying English this term.
- get in (v.+adv.)
get sth ⇔ in
The farmers are getting the crops in now that they are ripe.
The farmers were delighted to get the hay in so early in the year.
The fishermen went to get the lobster pots in and were delighted to find one in each pot.
渔民们收回捕虾篓后,高兴地发现每只篓里有一只龙虾。get a word in
May I get a word in?
It is impolite to get a word in.
I think it's not difficult for him to get a word in edgeways, because all the chatterboxes are not here.
He talked so much that I could hardly get a word in.
Jane wanted to get a word in but she failed.
When does the bus get in?
The train got in late.
What time does the 2:05 from London get in, please?
It was widely held that the Conservative Party would get in, but it failed in the election .
His son finally got in after ten years' continuous effort.
The Conservatives got in by a majority.
What would the Labour Party do if it cannot get in?
Smith got in for Chester.
He got in for New York State during the election .
他在那次选举中当选为纽约州的议员。get sb ⇔ in
The Prime Minister's support got the official party man in.
- get in with (v.+adv.+prep.)
get in with sb
He always tries to get in with the most influential people.
I can't get in with him at all.
我根本无法结识他。get in touch with sb
He promised to get in touch with us as soon as he returned from Europe.
When you are in New York, you might get in touch with a friend of mine.
- get into (v.+prep.)
学会; 养成learn or become accustomed to
get into sth
Wang Tai got into the college basketball team last week.
As soon as she got into the office, she got down to her work.
Get into bed and stay there.
The train got into Nanjing at 9:30.
That story has got into the newspaper.
She got into politics.
她从政了。get sb into sth
The bus got me into the village at two o'clock.
两点钟时公共汽车把我送进村子里。get into sth
These years he has got into lots of debts.
We often got into debt in those years.
Stop doing that, or you'll get into trouble.
We got into hot water because of jealousy.
Haines got into a rage.
海恩斯勃然大怒。get sb into sth
This mistake may get him into difficulties.
这一错误将使他陷入困境。get into a/the habit
John, however, had gotten into the habit of drinking too much liquor.
It's much easier to get into a habit than quit it.
- get off1 (v.+adv.)
记住; 背诵remember; recite
We must be getting off now.
He intended to get off on his vacation early in the morning.
The plane got off on time.
We must get off before it gets dark.
趁天没黑我们得走了。get sb/oneself ⇔ off
The children had to get themselves off to school as both their parents went out to work at eight o'clock.
由于父母都在八点钟上班去了,孩子们只好自己去上学。get sth ⇔ off
I'd like to get this letter off by the first post.
We were astonished when we heard that the accused person had got off.
You won't get off so easily next time.
She got off this time, but next time her excuse won't help her.
这次她算没事了,但是下次她的借口就帮不上忙了。get sb ⇔ off
I think the man was guilty but his lawyer managed to get him off.
It was her youth that got her off, not her innocence.
因为她幼小的年龄而不是因为她清白才免于惩罚。get off to sleep
After taking some pills, the patient got off to sleep.
He couldn't get off to sleep.
When do you get off?
你何时停工?get sth ⇔ off
She got a passage off by heart.
- get off2 (v.+prep.)
下(车,马)leave a public vehicle, a bicycle, horse, etc.
get off sth
We'd better get off the lake before the storm breaks, or we'll get soaked.
我们最好在暴风雨来临之前离开湖面,不然我们就得要淋得湿透了。get sth off sth
He can't get the ring off his finger.
I cannot get this thing off my mind.
我心里老放不下这件事。get off sth
Get off the bus at the Post Office.
The bus broke down and all the passengers had to get off it.
Excuse me,I have to get off the bus at the next stop.
At what station do you usually get off the subway?
He got off the bicycle and went into the house.
She got off her horse to open the gate.
The policeman told the child to get off the pony.
- get off with (v.+adv.+prep.)
罚款impose a fine or forfeit
get off with sb
Mike thinks his wife is trying to get off with Tom.
Gage got off with a millionaire.
Mike thinks I'm trying to get off with his girlfriend.
She got off with him an hour after the party started.
她在晚会开始一小时后就和他要好起来。get off with sth
He got off with only a fine instead of possible imprisonment.
He got off with a ￡50 fine.
- get on (v.+adv.)
上车,上马seat oneself on a bicycle, horse, etc.
I must be getting on; I have to be back home before dark.
Now let's get on to the next exhibition room.
She is getting on nicely.
I asked how he was getting on at school.
Time is getting on.
Although he is getting on in years, he is strong.
I'll hold your horse while you get on.
They got on at Lanzhou.
他们是在兰州上的车。get on sth
Only one person at a time is allowed to get on the horse.
- get on for〔towards〕 (v.+adv.+prep.)
接近 approach; be almost reaching, in time, age, or distance; be nearly
get on for〔towards〕 sth
It's getting on for nine o'clock.
It was getting on towards eleven o'clock when he finally arrived.
He must be getting on for forty now.
It's getting on towards the end of the term now.
- get on with (v.+adv.+prep.)
继续(干某事) continue to do; perform
get on with sth
How are you getting on with your work?
As we got on with the job,I found myself keenly interested.
Excuse me if I get on with this letter, but the post goes in twenty minutes.
- get one's own back
报复have one's revenge
- get onto (v.+prep.)
乘(飞机、汽车等) get on
- get out (v.+adv.)
从图书馆等借出borrow from a library, etc.
A young man got out.
He took the cap and got out.
Get out!I won't hear you.
滚开! 我不要听你的话。get out
Few of the enemy troops got out alive.
敌军生还者很少。get sb ⇔ out
They could not find a way to get themselves out.
The passengers got out and walked across the bridge.
Handle with care, or the acid may get out.
No one could discover how the secret got out and who did it.
News of the Budget Crisis got out before it was officially announced.
John advised Peter to get out and mix more with people.
It got out very fine.
天气变得很好。get sth ⇔ out
The publishers hope to get the new version out before Christmas.
Will we get the new dictionary out by the end of the year?
The Hebei People's Publishing House recently got out two new novels.
A new version of the dictionary has been got out.
这部词典的一种新版本已经问世。get sth ⇔ out
They have got out a scheme to build a hydropower station in the hills.
They managed to get the plans out on time.
When will you get the accounts out?
你什么时候把账算出来?get sth ⇔ out
Not a single boy in the class could get the problem out.
班上没有一个学生解得出这道题。get sth ⇔ out
We got out some information about the enemy's dispositions from the captured enemy officer.
我们从俘获的敌人军官那里盘问出一些有关敌军部署的情况。get sth ⇔ out
I'll get the car out and we can be off.
She got a bed out for her unexpected guest.
她为那位不速之客准备好床铺。get sth ⇔ out
He got out nothing at last.
他最后什么也没有得到。get sth ⇔ out
She got the book out for a fortnight.
- get out of (v.+adv.+prep.)
从…得到; 获得 gain or obtain from
get out of sth
He got out of the car as soon as it stopped.
The meeting went on late and he wanted to get out of it soon.
I get out of bed at about 6:30 every morning.
我每天早上大约六点半起床。get out of sth
I can't get out of the habit of waking up at six o'clock.
I've got out of the habit of doing exercises every day,I must start again.
He has already got out of danger.
I don't want to go to this meeting but I can't get out of it.
Everyone must take his turn at washing up; no one will be allowed to get out of it.
I told him that I would see him through.Now I don't want to but I cannot get out of it.
His friends noticed that he managed to get out of all the unpleasant tasks.
他的朋友们注意到他设法逃避一切令人不愉快的任务。get out of v-ing
Some people always try to get out of paying income tax.
有些人总是试图逃避缴纳个人所得税。get sb out of v-ing
You'll have to get her our of biting her nails.
你一定要让她改掉咬指甲的习惯。get sth out of sth
You could always use blackmail to get the money out of her.
It's a fairly elementary course, so advanced learners won't get much out of it.
- get over1 (v.+adv.)
做完…,结束reach the end of
He got over while the traffic was stopped.
They came to a river and wondered how to get over.
他们来到河边,想打听怎样过河。get sb/sth ⇔ over
We must get the children and women over first.
We had to get the animals over first.
He gets over well when he wants to.
That actor gets over beautifully.
The play really gets over, doesn't it?
这出戏的确感动人,是不是?get sth ⇔ over
They got the play over all right.
I couldn't get it over to him that I meant to come.
A person may have a thorough knowledge of his subject, and yet unable to get it over to an audience.
These facts may be clear enough to us, who have made a study of them, but how are they to be got over to the man in the street?
这些事实对于我们可能是够清楚的了,我们曾做过一番研究,但怎么能为一般人所理解呢?get sth ⇔ over
Let's do the job now and get it over.
Tom worked fast to get his lesson over.
You'll be glad to get your operation over.
We haven't much business, so we are hoping to get the meeting over fairly quickly.
- get over2 (v.+prep.)
从…中恢复过来recover from sth unpleasant; succeed in overcoming; get well from an illness, shock or bad experience
get over sth
They got over the river.
It was hard to get over the muddy road.
He got over the obstacles.
Can you get over that wall?
你能爬过那个墙吗?get sb/sth over sth
It was difficult to get the pole over the hedge.
How do you get a horse over a high fence?
He got the children safely over the fence.
他帮孩子们安全地翻过篱笆。get over sth
They only managed to get over ten kilometers.
The athlete failed to get over the distance in the minimum time to qualify for the final.
这位运动员没能在决赛资格所需的最短时限内跑完这段距离。get over sth/v-ing
You'll get over that with practice.
We must get over our shortcomings and mistakes in our work.
She seems to have got over her problems.
She got over this problem by leaving her baby with someone else.
The actor had to learn to get over his fear of the public.
By that time he had got over some of his agitation.
I hope you'll get over being angry.
Once these difficulties were got over the work would speed up.
一旦克服了这些困难,工作进展就快了。get over sth
The man returned to work after he got over his illness.
She has quite got over her attack of influenza.
He is just getting over a bad heart attack, so he is still weak now.
I have got over my weakness and fatigue.
He has never really got over the loss of his wife.
They don't appear to have got over their disappointment.
He never got over his big financial losses.
It is hard to get over the death of a member of your family.
- get over (and done) with
〈非正〉做完,结束(某件不愉快的事)end; finish; conclude; wind up
get sth over (and done) with
Can we just get this questioning over with?
Let's get the farewells over with and go!
I have to see the dentist today; I'll be glad to get it over with.
You are able to enjoy your holiday now that you've got the examinations over and done with.
- get through1 (v.+adv.)
(用电话)接通某人 reach sb by telephone
- get through2 (v.+prep.)
用完,花光 spend all money
- get through to (v.+adv+prep.)
(帮助…)接通电话等 reach sb by telephone
- get to (v.+prep.)
弄清…底细find out details of sth
get to sth
He will get to Paris tomorrow.
He didn't get to the hotel until midnight.
I missed the bus and didn't get to the office until ten o'clock.
We got to the top of the mountain before sunrise.
我们在日出之前到达了山顶。get to sth
Now let's get to the real work.
It's time we got to business.
到了该工作的时间了。get to v-ing
She gets to worrying if I leave her too long.
Lying in bed, unable to sleep,I got to thinking how nice it would be to go away and start a new life somewhere else.
躺在床上睡不着,我就开始想:如果离开此地到别的地方开始新生活该有多好。get to sth
If you have a definite purpose in mind, get to the point promptly.
They are unable to get to the heart of a problem and naturally cannot find a way to resolve its contradictions.
It was too late by the time he got to the authorities.
待他和当局取得联系时为时已经太晚。get to the bottom of sth
We must get to the bottom of the matter.
- get together (v.+adv.)
收集; 整理collect; gather; accumulate; bring together; put things in order
When can we get together?
We can get together sometime next week.
Let's get together one evening and talk about old times.
They all tried to get together during the Spring Festival.
The whole family tries to get together at least once a year at Christmas time.
Some of the lads get together at the pub once a week.
有些小伙子在这酒吧每周聚会一次。get sb/sth ⇔ together
He soon got an army together.
It is difficult to get them all together under one roof.
Enough volunteers were got together to keep the beaches clean all through the summer.
足够的志愿人员已组织起来,使海滩在整个夏天保持了清洁。get sth ⇔ together
It took me a year to get the necessary materials together.
- get up1 (v.+adv.)
激发,激起work up; stimulate; rouse
The man got up and began working again.
At what time does your wife get up?
He got up at first light to sweep the road.
I'm not used to getting up early.
Get up earlier in future.
I usually get up a bit later on holidays.
Getting up early is a very good habit.
早起是个很好的习惯。get sb/oneself ⇔ up
It is time you got the baby up for its bottle.
It's high time you were able to get yourself up, my boy!
The men got up and began working again.
Please don't get up,I can find my own way out.
The soldier got up and insisted that I lie down on the seat.
Men often got up when a lady entered a room in the old days.
Everyone got up and applauded when the combat heroes entered the conference hall.
当战斗英雄们进入会议大厅时,全体起立鼓掌。get sb ⇔ up
Seeing a little child fall on the road, he hurried to get her up.
他看见一个女孩跌倒在路上,赶忙去把她扶了起来。get sth ⇔ up
Get up the ladder, and I'll pass the paint up.
Finally they got the anchor up and set sail.
The workman got the tools up from below.
People on shore greeted the new 10,000-ton liner by waving their arms as it was getting up.
当新造的万吨巨轮驶近时,岸上的人们挥臂欢迎。get sth ⇔ up
The soldiers have got their equipment up to the front line.
As the wind is getting up, we'd better gather in the cotton from the threshing ground.
In Singapore you know it's going to rain if the wind suddenly gets up.
在新加坡,如果突然刮起风来,你就知道要下雨了。get sth ⇔ up
Then our car got up speed.
The ferryboat in the harbour got up steam for the sailing to the island.
As a result of the technical innovation, the steelworkers got production up by twenty percent.
由于进行了技术革新,钢铁工人把产量提高了百分之二十。get sb/sth/oneself ⇔ up
We get Grandfather up as Father Christmas.
The mother got her children up in their new clothes on National Day.
Helen got up her hair before going to the dinner party.
She's got herself up in a new outfit.
They got themselves up in their national costume.
At the college fancy-dress ball, one of the students was got up as a tramp.
The printed libretto was handsomely got up.
The book has been got up very nicely by the designers and printers.
The stage was got up to represent a carpenter's shop.
舞台被装饰成一个木工车间。get sth ⇔ up
We are getting up some short plays for our English evening.
We are getting up an evening of folk singing.
They got up a musical performance for the children.
He is good at getting things up for parties.
They got up a chorus for the performance on National Day.
The scheme was well got up.
A subscription was got up by the Old Boys to provide the school with a new pavilion.
捐款是校友会筹集起来给学校修建音乐厅的。get sth ⇔ up
I must start getting up my lecture notes.
He is going to get up his Japanese in preparation for the exam.
As the final exam is approaching, the students are busy getting up mathematics and physics.
He devoted studious hours to getting up the subjects to be discussed.
他对即将讨论的题目花了许多时间研究。get sth ⇔ up
I cannot get up the courage to tell her.
His insolent manner really got my blood up.
A good day's labour got his appetite up.
- get up2 (v.+prep.)
沿着…向上爬climb along sth up
get up sth
The boy got up the tree without difficulty.
The old man got up the stairs slowly.
- get up to (v.+adv.+prep.)
搞…,胡闹plan or begin sth naughty
- get a blow 遭到打击
- get a book 买一本书
- get a car 买辆汽车
- get a card 收到贺卡
- get a chill 着凉
- get a cold 感冒
- get a credit 获得好评
- get a diploma 取得文凭
- get a doctor 请医生
- get a flu 患流感
- get a foot 行走
- get a good crop 获得丰收
- get a hat 买顶帽子
- get a job 找到工作
- get a letter 收到一封信
- get a note 留言
- get a prize 获奖
- get a reply 得到答复
- get a ship under way 开出一条船
- get a taxi 租车
- get a telegram 收到电报
- get a telephone 听电话
- get a ticket 得到一张罚单
- get a woman with child 使女人怀孕
- get hold of 弄到手,认为,知道(某人的去向)
- get information 获得信息
- get one's hair cut 理发
- get one's own way 随心所欲,肆无忌惮
- get punishment 遭到惩罚
- get some fresh air 呼吸新鲜空气
- get the measles 出麻疹
- get the run of 熟悉,掌握
- get the shopping 得到购买的商品
- get accustomed to 习惯
- get asleep 入睡
- get better (病)有好转,有起色
- get cold 变冷
- get confused 迷惑不解
- get divorced 离婚
- get dressed 穿衣
- get engaged 订婚
- get hot 变热
- get longer 变得更长
- get lost 迷路
- get married 结婚
- get nervous 变得紧张不安
- get old 变老
- get ready 准备好
- get sick of sb 讨厌某人
- get strong 变强壮
- get the better of 胜过,超过,占上风,左右,支配
- get warm 变暖
- get wet 弄湿
- get worse and worse 每况愈下
- get anywhere 一事无成
- get nowhere 无结果
- get somewhere 有些结果
- get there 成功,达到目的
- get amazingly 吃惊地得到
- get apparently 明显地得到
- get cautiously 慎重地买
- get consciously 自觉地到达
- get directly 直接获得
- get duly 按时来
- get effectually 有效地获得
- get eventually 终于成为
- get finally 最终得到
- get fraudulently 诈骗得到
- get freely 随意地买
- get generally 普遍接受
- get gradually 逐步发生
- get honorably 光荣地获得
- get hurriedly 匆忙地购买
- get immediately 立即到达
- get impossibly 不可能到达
- get legally 合法地得到
- get lively 活跃起来
- get moderately 适度地买
- get naturally 自然地来
- get opportunely 恰好收到
- get perfectly 十分合适
- get precisely 准确地收到
- get rapidly 迅速成为
- get rarely 难得来
- get readily 有准备地来
- get really 真正地来
- get selfishly 自私地获得
- get sheepishly 害羞地来
- get singularly 奇怪地得到
- get suddenly 突然地来
- get undoubtedly 肯定成为
- get unfamiliarly 不熟悉地来
- get about 徘徊,走动,(消息)传播,传开
- get across 通过,渡过,触怒
- get along 友好相处,(事情)进展顺利,(机器,设备)用来得心应手
- get along well with sb 与某人相处得好
- get around〔round〕 说服,走动,旅行,(消息)传开
- get away 使…离开,把…送〔拿走〕
- get back 找回,(退)回去,让开,恢复
- get back that book 把那本书找〔要〕回来
- get behind 落后,迟到,识破,深入,支持
- get by 走过,勉强及格,勉强生活下去,可以对付
- get down 使…下来,记下,放下,使…烦恼,跪〔趴〕下,降
- get down the main points 把要点记下来
- get in (使)进入,收集,收回,插入,参加,入境,当选,熟悉起来
- get in a doctor to look at the child 请医生给孩子看病
- get off 下(车),出发,起飞,脱下,取下,说话,避开,免罚,干完(工作)
- get off a joke 说笑话
- get out 离开,出去(交朋友,使生活有情趣),取出,除掉(污渍),印(小册子,讲稿等),(难以)启口,(消息)走漏,摆脱,放弃,解决,出版
- get out some facts from sb 从某人那里盘问出一些事实
- get over 忘却,(不能)理解,相信,恢复,复原,克服(困难),解决(难题)
- get the bill through 通过这项法案
- get through very well 好好地干一番事业
- get together 团结起来,取得一致意见,集会,把…组织起来
- get up 起立,爬上(山),骑上(马),达到,叫起床,组织,研究,打扮成
- get up another book 构思一本新书
- get up like a girl 打扮得像个女孩子
- get above oneself 自高自大
- get above others in English 英语比别人好
- get across the river 过河
- get after sb to change his mind 力劝某人改变主意
- get at 看出(秘密),达到,挨近,责备,着手做,贿赂
- get at a place 到达一个地方
- get beyond 越过,为…所达不到
- get into 开始,从事,被…录取,进入,变成,穿(衣服)
- get into bad habits 染上坏习惯
- get into trouble 陷入麻烦
- get off the back of a horse 从马背上下来
- get off the bus 下公共汽车
- get off the train 下火车
- get out of (使)离开,(使)去掉,摆脱,从…中得到,由…溢出
- get out of a bad habit 戒除坏习惯
- get out of a difficulty 摆脱困难
- get out of hand 失去控制,不可收拾,(孩子)管不住
- get out of the plane 走下飞机
- get over a difficulty 克服困难
- get over the fence 翻越栅栏
- get through a dangerous illness 大病不死
- get to 到达,变得…起来,开始,着手
- get under way (生产)就绪,上路
- get with 开始做,着手做,对…注意
- get done with sth 做完(结束)某事
- get even with sb 和某人算账,向某人报复
- get so far with it 进行到这种程度
Men are not born rich; and in getting wealth the man is generally sacrificed.出自： R. W. Emerson
It was all honourably gotten and was designed to be honourably spent.出自： E. A. Freeman
The news was usually gotten from the..man who was sent to the post-office for the mail.出自： B. T. Washington
I ran back to the verandah to get my hat.出自： J. Conrad
Mellors went into the country and got work on a farm.出自： D. H. Lawrence
I could have got all the women I wanted in London.出自： W. S. Maugham
He..got his own breakfast.出自： J. C. Powys
Dean got a table, bought drinks.出自： J. Kerouac
I got myself a reasonably sound education.出自： I. Murdoch
An Army friend..had gotten us tickets for a Tchaikovsky extravaganza.出自： P. Roth
- 在表示“得到”“收到”“获得”“受到”等意时, get后可接名词或代词作宾语。
- get在表示“请求”“命令”“吩咐”“说服”某人做某事或使某人进入某种状态时,可接以带to的动词不定式充当补足语的复合宾语; 在表示“使得某事被做的”,可接以过去分词充当补足语的复合宾语; 在表示“使变成某种状态”时,可接以现在分词充当补足语的复合宾语; get也常后接带形容词、副词或常用作形容词的过去分词或介词短语的复合宾语。
- get还可用作系动词,在表示“使…变得…”时,可接名词、形容词或常用作形容词的过去分词作表语。在表示“被、受”的含义时,尤其是口语中,常与过去分词连用。在美国口语中, get加现在分词则可表示某种状态的变化或一个新动作的开始。
- get在口语中常使用has〔have〕 got分别代替have或has表示“拥有”。疑问句则用Have you got...或Has he got...代替Do you have...?(AmE)或Have you...?(BrE)。还可用have got to do代替have to do。
I got a letter from Lucy this morning.
Can you come and get me from the station when I arrive?
As you get old, your memory gets worse.
I often get up at five o'clock.
I went to see him, but he told me to get out.
It will take me another hour to get the washing done.
I will get him to teach me.
I soon got to know him very well.
We soon got talking together．
have got的用法：与have搭配使用时，got可在某些句子中省略，仍使整句的意思不变。这个用法常见于口语。I have got to do it. It has got to be done.注意的是，这里英美两国用的都是have got，不是have gotten。have got不可用在助动词后面。have got从语法的角度上来说属于完成时态结构，因此got不可以再加完成时，不能以have had got或had had got等形式出现。有些表达方式中，have后是绝不可加got的，如have a bath,have a chat,have a look,have a smoke等。不定式had got to ...使用不普遍，用在疑问句中时更不常见，应尽量避免使用。有时候，这个词组中have作助动词，got作过去分词。口语形式中常将have省略，留got。
I have got a new cap.
I have got a cold.
I may have got to do it.
I have got a new cap.
- get to, arrive
- arrive用于较正式的场合; 而get to是通俗用词。例如：
- The train arrived at Paris at ten o'clock.
- When did you get to Qingdao?
- get, cause, make
- cause, make和get都具有“使役”意义。其区别是：
- 1.cause强调的是什么原因使某人做某事; make则具有强制的意味,即强迫某人做什么事; get是指以说服或命令之方式让某人做某事。
- 2.使用cause和get时,应当用cause〔get〕 sb to do sth 句型,而使用make时,应当用make sb do sth 句型。
- get, bring, carry, fetch, take
- 1.bring 表示“拿来”,指从别处拿过来,方向一般是说话者,多指比较近的东西,也可以指带到一个说话人将要到达的地方,有时还可指由说话者随身带着(去某处),可以包括“带走”; take 表示“拿走”“带走”,指从此处拿出去,例如:
- When you go home take the letter with you.你回家去的时候,把信带去。
- fetch表示“去拿来”; carry则指“随身带着”,没有明确的方向性,同时强调体力方面的负担,可代替bring和take,例如:
- The mother carries her baby in her arms.母亲把小宝宝抱在怀里。
- 2.bring 和 take 都表示单程,只是方向相反,而fetch则表示一往一返。
- 3.fetch强调目的性,即专门到一个地方把(某人)某物请〔带〕回来; bring则强调方向性,即动作朝着说话者的方向或所在地。
- 4.take, bring和carry都可指携带〔运送〕较小的东西, carry还可指携带〔运送〕较大、较重的东西。
- 5.take, bring和carry都可指人运送, carry还可指马、车等牲口或运输工具运送,也可指以管道的形式运输。
- get, cook, fix, make, prepare
- cook只用于食品而不用于饮料; 其他几个词都可以用于饮料。make和get可以互换; 而prepare和fix则强调准备的过程。例如:
- She is cooking in the kitchen.她在厨房里做饭。
- Let me fix you a drink!我来为你倒杯饮料。
- He got〔made〕 himself a cup of coffee.他给自己冲了杯咖啡。
- You shouldn't have troubled yourself to prepare such a feast!你本不该准备这样丰盛的饭菜,这样太麻烦你了。
- get, achieve, acquire, attain, earn, gain, obtain, secure, win
- 这组词的共同意思是“取得; 获得”。其区别是：
- 2.achieve主要指取得成功、成就或实现预期目的; acquire主要指逐渐获得知识、能力、荣誉等; attain主要指达到重要目标或获得珍贵的东西; earn凭借功劳赚得或获得工资、报酬、荣誉、赞赏等; gain主要指获得或赢得有一定价值的东西; get指以各种方式获得各种所需或不需之物; obtain指获得所需之物或达到预期目的; secure指得到渴望或竞争性的东西; win指在竞争、比赛、争论或战斗中击败对手而赢得胜利或获得人们的爱戴〔好感〕等。
- 3.achieve指克服困难之后而获得; acquire, attain, earn指通过努力而获得; gain指通过巨大努力而获得; obtain多指通过长期努力而获得,有时也指无须经过努力; 其他各词不强调通过努力与否; get可指通过各种方式获得; earn还指凭借功劳而赚得; win还指通过作出优异成绩而赢得。
- 4.achieve强调结果; acquire强调量的增加; attain含有达到完美地步的意味; gain强调所获得之物能够造成的优势; obtain强调愿望得到满足; secure强调有把握或成功地获得。
- 5.get是这组同义词中的最常用词,可指主动争取,也可指被动接受,有时不一定需要很大努力就能获得; acquire指持续,慢慢地获得,强调过程; 而earn, gain都强调经过艰苦努力而获得的这一结果, gain比obtain所付出的努力还要大些; win则指在竞赛中或战斗中赢得或获得胜利,可以通过努力获得,也可以偶然获得。例如:
- He did not get what he had earned他未获得他应得到的东西。
- The ability to use a language can be acquired by the act of using the language.运用语言的能力,只能通过不断练习才能获得。
- She gained rich experience in teaching.她获得了丰富的教学经验。
- I've got your telegram.我已经收到了你的电报。
- We wished to obtain first-hand information.我们要能得到第一手情报就好了。
- Industry won him his success.勤奋使他获得了成功。
- 6.acquire的宾语多为知识、技能等; earn的宾语多为金钱、荣誉等理应得到的东西; obtain的宾语多为期望已久的东西; gain的宾语多为经验、利益、优势、好处等; 而win的宾语则为比赛、战斗等; get的宾语则比较广泛,即既可以是具体的东西,也可以是抽象的事物。例如:
- He got what he had earned.他获得了他应得到的东西。
- You must work hard to acquire good knowledge of English.你要用功,以便精通英语。
- Our firm has gained a good reputation.我们公司赢得了好名声。
- Then I'll go and get you a chair.我去给你拿把椅子来。
- At last, he obtained his father's pardon.他终于得到了父亲的原谅。
- They won the basketball match.他们打赢了这场篮球赛。
- 7.这组动词都可跟简单宾语。get, earn, gain, obtain, secure和win可跟双宾语; secure还可跟wh-从句; win还可跟含不定式的复合宾语。此外, gain和win有时还可用作不及物动词。acquire和attain常跟抽象名词。
- get to sleep, sleep, go to bed
- 这三者在意思上有所区别：sleep意为“睡着,入睡”; get to sleep意为“设法睡着”; go to bed意为“上床,就寝”。例如:
- I have slept for seven hours.我睡了7个小时了。
- I couldn't get to sleep last night.昨天晚上我无法入睡。
- I usually go to bed at ten.我通常10点就寝。
- get, derive
- His popularity derives from his easiness.他讨人喜欢是由于他为人随和。
- We can derive great pleasure from our studies.我们可以从读书研究中获得极大的乐趣。
- get, go
- We had hardly got here when it began to rain.我们刚刚到这儿就下雨了。
- I went to school yesterday.昨天我去学校了。
- The soldiers got over two hundred miles a day.士兵们一天就走完了200英里的路程。
- get back, be back, come back, go back, return
- return与其他词相比有些书卷气; come back的意思是“回归”“回来”,指回到说话人所在的地方; go back指回到出发点,是一种非正式说法,常用于口语中; get back是回到原来的出发点; be back意为“回来了”,表示状态,是日常应用最广的非正式说法。例如:
- Did Duff come back?—Yes, he came back.达夫回来了吗?是的,他回来了。
- Now let's go back to the beginning of the page.现在让我们回到这页的开头。
- When he got back, he found that supper was over.当他回来的时候,他发现晚餐已经结束了。
- I'll be back next Saturday.我将在下个星期六回来。
- The boy has gotten a new car.
- The boy has got a new car.
- He got his sister to keep him with his home- work.(BrE)
- He had his sister keep him with his home- work.(AmE)
- I'll soon get to know what you are planning.
- I'll soon began to know what you are plan- ning.
误 Write to me as soon as you get England.
正 Write to me as soon as you get to England.我们刚到这里。
误 We just got to here.
正 We just got here.
误 We should get down to solve the problems.
正 We should get down to the problems.我来到北京后,就静下心来学英语。
误 When I arrived in Beijing,I got down to learn the English language.
正 When I arrived in Beijing,I got down to learning the English language.
析 get down to表示“着手处理或对待”“静心去研究、工作等”,其中to是介词,不是动词不定式符号,所以不能跟动词原形,后须接名词或动名词。我们希望下个星期能多接几个订货单。
误 We hope to get a few more orders next week.
正 We hope to receive a few more orders next week.
析 get是口语词,正式场合最好用receive, arrive等。他总是指望妻子使他摆脱债务。
误 He can always rely on his wife to get him out from debt.
正 He can always rely on his wife to get him out of debt.
析 get...out of 表示“使…摆脱; 使…逃避; 使…改掉”,其中of不能用from代替。再有十分钟我们就该下火车了。
误 We will be getting out of the train in ten minutes.
正 We will be getting off the train in ten minutes.表示“上(下)公共汽车〔火车、飞机、大船〕等”,英文是get on (to)...和get off...。“上下小汽车,出租车或小船”,英文是get in (to)...和get out of...。两者不能混淆。 你把晚饭准备好了吗?
误 Have you prepared supper ready?
正 Have you got supper ready?晚会开始前我必须把一切准备好。
误 I must prepare everything ready before the party.
正 I must get everything ready before the party.
析 “把…准备好”不可说“prepare ... ready”,而应说“get ... ready”。我被一种奇怪的声音吵醒,匆忙下了床。
误 When I was awaked by a strange noise,I got down from bed in a hurry.
正 When I was awaked by a strange noise,I got out of bed in a hurry.
析 “起床”或“下床”在英语中表示为get up或get out of,而不说get down from。我厂将招收10名新职工。
误 Our factory will get in ten new workers.
正 Our factory will take in〔enroll〕 ten new workers.
析 工厂“招工”应为take in,相当于enroll; get in的意思是“收获; 进入; 请…来”等。你可得在5点之前完工。
误 You may have got to finish the work before five.
正 You may have to finish the work before five.
析 在现代英语中have got虽与have同义,但是have got不可用在助动词或情态动词之后。他告诉我他的期终考试已考完了。
误 He told me that he had got through the term examinations.
正 He told me that he had got through with the term examinations.
析 get through an examination表示“考试及格”。get through with an examination表示“考完”。我们让他给我们买菜。
误 Let's get him buy us vegetable.
正 Let's get him to buy us vegetable.
误 In this case, how can you expect to get everyone moved?
正 In this case, how can you expect to get everyone moving?
误 I'll like to get it to settle today while we are at it.
正 I'll like to get it settled today while we are at it.
误 He is honest and easy to get along.
正 He is honest and easy to get along with.
析 get along有“相处”的含义,但“与某人相处”,英文是get along with sb。在上句中,不定式短语“to get along”的逻辑宾语是“He”,因此介词with不能省略。我收到那封信两天了。
误 I've got the letter for two days.
正 I've got the letter two days ago.
正 It is two days since I got the letter.
误 This building got built in 1932.
正 This building was built in 1932.这家饭店建于2000年。
误 The restaurant got built in 2000.
正 The restaurant was built in 2000.如果天黑了你独自一人去那儿,你也许会受到袭击或是被打劫的。
误 If you go there alone after dark you might have got attacked or robbed.
误 If you go there alone after dark you might be attacked or robbed.
正 If you go there alone after dark you might get attacked or robbed.
析 get后加过去分词,意思与动词的被动式相似,强调某一事件的发生或动作的结果,通常只指意外的突然的行为。但不是所有的被动结构都能用get来替代be,如 be built, be written, be opened等都不能用get来代替。她和在上海结识的一名男子结了婚。
误 She got married a man she met in Shanghai.
正 She got married to a man she met in Shanghai.
正 She married a man she met in Shanghai.
析 marry后面可以跟直接宾语,但get married加to后才接宾语。与get married类似的有 get engaged(订婚), get divorced(离婚)。给我来杯啤酒好吗?
误 Could I get a glass of beer, please?
正 Could I have a glass of beer, please?
析 get后跟直接宾语,可以表示receive, obtain, fetch, take等意思。但在上面的句子中, get不能代替have,误句的意思是“我可以自己倒一杯啤酒喝吗?”他送她一件极好的礼物。
误 He got a splendid present to her.
正 He got her a splendid present.
正 He got a splendid present for her.
误 Leaves get brown in autumn.
正 Leaves go brown in autumn.
正 Leaves turn brown in autumn.她的脸色慢慢红了。
误 Her face slowly get red.
正 Her face slowly turned red.
- ☆ 1200年左右进入英语，直接源自古北欧语的geta，意为获取，达到；最初源自原始日耳曼语的getan，意为生产，获得。