proceed or get along;
"How is she doing in her new job?"
"How are you making out in graduate school?"
"He's come a long way"
have smooth relations;
"My boss and I get along very well"
develop in a positive way;
"He progressed well in school"
"My plants are coming along"
"Plans are shaping up"
- His work is going along tip-top.
- The work was coming along quite well.
- The procession passed along the street.
- We really need to get past it and move forward.
- I can't get by on such a small income.
- Many of them couldn't get along upon their wages.
- He made an effort to get along well with his classmates.
- I find it easy to make friends with most people, but I just can't get on with Tyrone.