reach or gain access to;
"How does one access the attic in this house?"
"I cannot get to the T.V. antenna, even if I climb on the roof"
influence by corruption
cause annoyance in; disturb, especially by minor irritations;
"Mosquitoes buzzing in my ear really bothers me"
"It irritates me that she never closes the door after she leaves"
- A person reaches his majority at the age of 21.
- I will accomplish my purpose at any cost.
- I took the hint and left at once.
- I gave him a mild hint and he didn't get it.
- I simply can't guess what Mary is driving at.
- These nouns signify the point at which something originates.
- The gangsters couldn't get at the mayor.
- A bribe in hand betrays mischief at heart.
- We must get at the root of the matter.
- At long last we found out what had really happened.