- vi. 到达,来 come to a place
- vi. 发生 come to happen
reach a destination; arrive by movement or progress;
"She arrived home at 7 o'clock"
"She didn't get to Chicago until after midnight"
succeed in a big way; get to the top;
"After he published his book, he had arrived"
"I don't know whether I can make it in science!"
"You will go far, my boy!"
- We shall arrive soon after.
- You must arrive at the airport two hours early.
- The great day has arrived.
- The baby finally arrived just after midnight.
- You know you've arrived when you're asked to appear on TV.
- “When did you arrive?”“Late this afternoon.”
- He arrived punctually at four o'clock.
- He arrived after dark.
- They arrived on the S.S.Dong Feng.
- I suppose he will arrive home in the evening.
- We were tired when we arrive home.
- He felt in excellent spirits when he arrived home.
- She says no letters arrived this morning.
- The ship has just arrived from Tanzania.
- At last our holidays arrived.
- The day they had been looking forward to had at last arrived.
- Jenny is a young writer who has not yet arrived.
- The flood of fan mail proved he'd arrived.
- Now that his books were sold in every shop, he felt that he had arrived.
- With the movie's huge success, the leading actor has really arrived.
- I believe that a man who has not arrived by forty will never arrive.
- arrive at (v.+prep.)
达成,获得,作出(决定) come to, such as a decision, a conclusion
- arrive for (v.+prep.)
(时间) 来到 come down
arrive for sth
At last the time arrived for the performance to begin.
The time has arrived for action.
- arrive in (v.+prep.)
乘车到达 reach a place in a vehicle
- arrive on〔upon〕 (v.+prep.)
到达 make an appearance
arrive on〔upon〕 sth
They arrived on the horse-court at two.
When asked how the invaders had arrived on Guadalcanal Island, he was very vague.
- arrive early 早到达
- arrive home 到家
- arrive late 晚到达
- arrive greatly 巨大成功
- arrive professionally 事业上获得成功
- arrive punctually 准时到达
- arrive safely 安全到达
- arrive shortly 迅速到达
- arrive very slowly 缓慢到达
- arrive at 到达,得到,得出
- arrive at a correct idea 形成正确的想法
- arrive at a decision 作出决定
- arrive at a destination 到达目的地
- arrive at a port 到达港口
- arrive at a solution 找到解决办法
- arrive at an agreement 达成协议
- arrive at an answer 得到答案
- arrive at an opinion 形成一种看法
- arrive at manhood (男子)成年
- arrive at no result 未得出结果
- arrive at perfection 臻于完善
- arrive at school age 达到学龄
- arrive at the airport 到达机场
- arrive at the goal 达到目的
- arrive at the station 到达车站
- arrive at years of maturity 达到成熟年龄
- arrive by car 乘汽车来
- arrive for 到了
- arrive from 从…来
- arrive from Paris 从巴黎来
- arrive in 到达
- arrive in China 抵达中国
- arrive in great state 威风凛凛地到达
- arrive in harbour 抵达港内
- arrive in time 及时到达
- arrive on the farm 到达农场
- arrive on〔upon〕 the scene 露面,出场
- arrive on time 准时到达
- arrive to the moment 正点到达
We arrived upon the verge of his estate.出自： P. Sidney
Yesterday arrived to me hither your Majesties servants.出自： O. Cromwell
He arrived before eight o'clock every morning and used to depart at seven.出自： J. Buchan
Already the middle of September was here, and the baby had not arrived.出自： D. H. Lawrence
Perhaps she won't even arrive by this plane.出自： T. S. Eliot
Arriving at the church, he found it filled with a whole tribe of tinkers.出自： Day Lewis
Bethe arrived in New Orleans long before I was born.出自： L. Hellman
- arrive用作不及物动词时,常可与介词at〔in, on〕连用。arrive at表示“到达某地点”时,往往指到达较小的地点; arrive in表示“到达的区域”时,往往指较大的地方; arrive on则表示“到达某现场”。
- arrived，arrive的过去分词，做形容词时，指“已到的”，如the newly arrived traveller（新到的旅游者）。现在不习惯说be arrived，如is arrived和are arrived；
- 回到家用arrive home，不用arrive at home，因里面的home是副词；
- arrive(d)是一时的，短暂的动作，不能用完成时态，不能说He has arrived for a week去让这个动作持续一段时间，只能说He arrived a week ago。
- arrive at, arrive in
- arrive at和arrive in都是“到达”的意思。其区别是：
- 1.一般说arrive at往往指到达较小的地方,而arrive in指到达较大的地方。例如：
- He arrived at the village before dark.
- I arrived in Haikou at 6 p.m.
- 2.arrive at常表示“到达”短期逗留之处; 而arrive in常表示“到达”长久居住之处或预期的目的地。例如：
- The farmer arrived at the woman's house again.
- We arrived in London in the morning.
- 3.arrive at可表示“达成”“得出”; arrive in则无此义。
- arrive, get to
- arrive用于较正式的场合; 而get to是通俗用词。例如：
- The train arrived at Paris at ten o'clock.
- When did you get to Qingdao?
- arrive, come
- He arrived in Beijing by the twelve o'clock train.
- I have been waiting for hours and he still hasn't come.
误 I have arrived here for a month.
正 I arrived here a month ago.
误 I arrived at home at five in the afternoon.
正 I arrived home at five in the afternoon.
析 在表示“到家”时,一般不说arrive at home,而说arrive home。home在这里是副词。
- ☆ 1200年左右进入英语，直接源自古法语的ariver，意为来到陆地；最初源自拉丁语的adripam：ad (去) + ripa (岸上），意为到达岸上。