- [C]包裹,背包 number of things wrapped or tied together for carrying; bag
- [C]小纸盒,小纸包 smaller paper or cardboard container in which goods are packed for selling
- [C]一群,一队 group of wild animals that hum together; organized group
- [C]一帮,一伙,一堆 number of people or things
- [C]一副 a complete set of playing cards
- vt. & vi. 捆扎; 收拾行李 put together in a bundle, box, etc.
- vt. 塞进; 拥进 fit, crush, push people, things into a space
- vi. 装箱 be able to be put into a container for transport of storing
- vt. & vi. (使)形成硬块 (cause sth to) form a hard compact mass
- vt. 携带,佩带 carry sth; be equipped with sth
- vt. 挑选…使之偏袒自己 choose sb so that they are likely to decide in one's favour
- a large indefinite number;
"a battalion of ants"
"a multitude of TV antennas"
"a plurality of religions"
- a complete collection of similar things
- a convenient package or parcel (as of cigarettes or film)
- an association of criminals;
"police tried to break up the gang"
"a pack of thieves"
- an exclusive circle of people with a common purpose
- a group of hunting animals
- a cream that cleanses and tones the skin
- a sheet or blanket (either dry or wet) to wrap around the body for its therapeutic effect
- a bundle (especially one carried on the back)
- arrange in a container;
"pack the books into the boxes"
- fill to capacity;
"This singer always packs the concert halls"
"The murder trial packed the court house"
- compress into a wad;
"wad paper into the box"
- carry, as on one's back;
"Pack your tents to the top of the mountain"
- set up a committee or legislative body with one's own supporters so as to influence the outcome;
"pack a jury"
- have with oneself; have on one's person;
"She always takes an umbrella"
"I always carry money"
"She packs a gun when she goes into the mountains"
- press tightly together or cram;
"The crowd packed the auditorium"
- hike with a backpack;
"Every summer they are backpacking in the Rockies"
- press down tightly;
"tamp the coffee grinds in the container to make espresso"
- seal with packing;
"pack the faucet"
- have the property of being packable or of compacting easily;
"This powder compacts easily"
"Such odd-shaped items do not pack well"
- load with a pack
- treat the body or any part of it by wrapping it, as with blankets or sheets, and applying compresses to it, or stuffing it to provide cover, containment, or therapy, or to absorb blood;
"The nurse packed gauze in the wound"
"You had better pack your swollen ankle with ice"
- The hare could find no safety, a pack of jackals had it in the wind.
- He rounded on journalists, calling them 'a pack of vultures'.
- A pack of cards has been spread on the table.
- Try to pair this card with one exactly the same from the other pack.
- The traveler took out a bottle of water from the pack on his back.
- To carry care to bed is to sleep with a pack on your back.
- He paid $4 for a pack of cigarettes.
- In order to avoid any possible damage in transit, we would ask you to pack the goods in strong but small wooden cases.
- Please don't crease the blouse when you pack it.
- He was told by the boss to pack up.
- This case is full, I can't pack any more clothes in.
- I crawled into my tent to pack my things up.
His pack was undone.
She tried to throw his pack from his shoulders.
The climber took some food from the bulky pack on his back.
A pack of cigarettes lasts him two days.
The young man smoked a pack of cigarettes a day.
Wolves hunt in large packs.
The huntsman was whipping his pack of hounds.
The boys always went about as a pack.
They're like a pack of kids!
A pack of angry shoppers demanded their money back.
They are just a pack of thieves.
They watched little packs of tanks approach their position.
He has faced a pack of troubles since the end of the war.
He dealt the pack.
The girls are busy packing.
I packed, then snatched four hour's sleep.
Books pack easily.
This dress packs beautifully.
Rain caused the loose dirt to pack.
The snow had packed against the wall.
They packed the instrument carefully.
Have you packed your things?
Pack your things at once.
She packed her bags and left.
Let's pack these books to them right away .
She gathered that he was packing his clothes.
She used to pack some of the fruit she bought.
She hurriedly packed a bag and bought a train ticket for home.
Spectators packed the stadium.
The wind packed the snow against the wall.
He often packs a gun.
The defendant packed the jury.
By four o'clock, everything was packed.
“You go and pack your things.”“My things are all packed.”
The eggs were packed in dozens.
The meeting hall was packed.
The auditorium was packed that night.
Have you packed me a razor?
She packed her husband some bread and cheese for his lunch.
Please pack the food for me.
Mother will make a packed meal for us to take on our walk.
During the summer the packing houses were in full of activity again.
- a pack of lies
一派谎言〔胡言〕 many lies
What he told you was a pack of lies. 他告诉你的是一派胡言。
It's all a pack of lies. 那是谎话连篇。
The police discovered that the suspect's story was a complete pack of lies. 警察发现嫌疑犯的叙述完全是谎话连篇。
I believed her story of hardship but it turned out to be a pack of lies—she's better off than you or me. 开始我相信了她生活艰苦的话,但后来才发现是一派谎言——她的境况要比你和我都好。
The speaker is really telling a pack of lies to the audience. 演讲人简直在向听众撒谎。
- 一派谎言〔胡言〕 many lies
- pack away (v.+adv.)
把…收藏起来 store sth, as in a box pack sth ⇔ away
We packed the tools away.我们把工具收好。
Pack away your books, children.It's time for break.孩子们,收起你们的书,现在我们要休息。
It's going to rain; we'd better pack away our things and go indoors.要下雨了,我们最好把东西装起来进屋里去。用于 be ～ed 结构
I will try to find that old book.but it's been packed away for years.我将尽力去找那本旧书,但是它已被搁置多年了。
〈非正〉吃很多 eat a lot (of food) pack away
You'd be surprised at the amount that boy can pack away in a single day.这个男孩子一天的饭量会叫你大吃一惊的。pack it away
My sister may look delicate and lady-like, but give her a bowl of rice and she can really pack it away.我妹妹看上去很斯文,像个小姐,但她几口就可以吃完一碗饭。
- 把…收藏起来 store sth, as in a box pack sth ⇔ away
- pack down (v.+adv.)
把…压实 make a solid mass pack down
If the snow isn't cleared from the roads quickly, it packs down hard and makes driving difficult.若是不能及时把积雪从道路上清理走,就会被压实,给车辆行驶带来困难。pack sth ⇔ down
If you pack those things down we can get more into the box.如果你把那些东西挤一挤,我们就能够多放些东西到箱子里。
- 把…压实 make a solid mass pack down
- pack in1( v.+adv. )
塞进 crush together (into a place or period of time) pack in
You pack in as tightly as you can.你们尽量往里挤。pack sth ⇔ in
She packed all the clothes in after much trouble.她费了好大的劲才把所有的衣服都塞了进去。
停止; 放弃; 辞职 stop; give up; resign pack in
Why don't you pack in when you feel dizzy?你头晕,为什么不放下工作?
I'm sorry to say he has packed in.很遗憾他已经辞职了。
吸引 attract pack sb in
The singer packed the crowd in.歌唱家吸引了大批听众。
Star Wars was really packing them in.《星际大战》确实吸引了大批观众。
- 塞进 crush together (into a place or period of time) pack in
- pack in2( v.+prep. )
塞进 crush together into a place or period of time pack sth in sth
The workers tightly packed the goods in the crate.工人们把货物紧紧地包装在箱子里。
He went away with all my clothes packed in his own bags.他把我所有的衣服都装在他的背包里跑掉了。用于 be ～ed 结构
The food is packed in tins.食物装在罐头里。
Peaches are often packed in cans for the market.桃子常装成罐头供应市场。
Meat, fish and vegetables are often packed in cans.肉类、鱼和蔬菜常装成罐头。
Glass should be packed in straw.玻璃器皿应该包扎在稻草中。
- 塞进 crush together into a place or period of time pack sth in sth
- pack into( v.+prep. )
塞进; 挤进 crush or crowd together (into a place or period of time) pack into sth
The crowds packed into the cinema on a wet day.一大群人在雨天挤进了电影院。
Excursionists packed into a big bus.远足的旅客们挤在一辆大客车里。pack sb/sth into sth
They managed to pack eleven people into the car.他们设法让11个人挤进了小汽车。
She packed all her clothes and other daily necessities into a suitcase, ready to leave the home forever.她将所有的衣服和其他一些日用品装进行李箱里,准备永远离开这个家。
She managed to pack a lot of sightseeing into a short period of time she had in London.她在伦敦逗留的短短一段时间中,紧凑地安排了一连串的观光活动。用于 be ～ed 结构
The people were packed into an already overcrowded bus.人们被挤入了一辆已很拥挤的公共汽车。
The leading facts of his career can easily be packed into a few sentences.他经历中的主要事实可以很容易用几句话概括。
- 塞进; 挤进 crush or crowd together (into a place or period of time) pack into sth
- pack it in
停止; 放弃 stop; give up
I decided to pack it in and move to New York. 我决定洗手不干,迁居纽约。
She didn't like her new job at all and was thinking of packing it in. 她一点儿也不喜欢她那份新工作,并且正考虑不再干下去。
- 停止; 放弃 stop; give up
- pack off( v.+adv. )
(匆忙将…)打发走,送走 send off in a hurry
He suggested that these goods be packed off at once in a special train. 他建议马上用专列运走这些货物。pack sb ⇔ off to sb/sth
Your boyfriend is much too young for you.Why don't you pack him off to his mother?你男朋友的年龄比你小得多,你为何不将他送到他母亲那里去?
She packed off the children to their aunt's for a few days while the house was being cleaned through.当房子被彻底清理的时候,她把孩子们匆忙送到他们的姑妈家去呆几天。
- (匆忙将…)打发走,送走 send off in a hurry
- pack out( v.+adv. )
使(剧院)满座 make a theatre fully seated pack sth ⇔ out 用于 be ～ed 结构
The ground was packed out when our local team played its League Cup match.当我们本地的球队争夺联赛杯时,场内座无虚席。
- 使(剧院)满座 make a theatre fully seated pack sth ⇔ out 用于 be ～ed 结构
- pack together( v.+adv. )
使紧挤在一起 make (things) form a tight mass pack sb/sth ⇔ together
Pack these books together and put them in the attic.把这些书捆在一起,放到阁楼上去。用于 be ～ed 结构
The boys were packed together in a small room.男孩子们都挤在一间小屋里。
- 使紧挤在一起 make (things) form a tight mass pack sb/sth ⇔ together
- pack up( v.+adv. )
打包; 收拾 place things in a container; put things away pack up
Let's pack up and get ready to start at once.让我们收拾好行李,准备马上出发。
Let's pack up and spend a week in the countryside.咱们收拾好东西到乡下去过一个星期吧。
In the meantime they would pack up and go home.同时,他们将收拾行李回家。
There was nothing else to do but to pack up again.你除了再收拾一下行李外,没有任何事可做。
The company could pack up and be under way in probably less than an hour.这个连可以不到一小时就收拾好东西上路。
Without giving us a chance to explain, he suddenly packed up and left.他没有给我们解释的机会,就突然收拾行李走了。
We spent the greater part of the evening packing up.我们花了晚上大部分时间,打点行装。pack sth ⇔ up
The old man pointed at one of the largest and most expensive of the puddings and said,“Kindly pack me up this here.”老汉指着其中一个最大、最贵的布丁说：“劳驾,请把这边的这个给我包装一下。”
I heard that her husband had packed up his things and moved out.我听说她丈夫已收拾了他的东西搬出去住了。
They packed up their tools and went home.他们收拾好工具回家了。
We have packed up the books for the movers.我们已把书打成了包,等着搬运工来。
〈非正〉停止工作,停止运转 finish work; cease operating pack up
They had worked hard all day, so at six o'clock they decided to pack up.他们努力工作了一整天,因此在6点钟他们决定收工了。
Come on,Bruce, it's nine o'clock.Time to pack up and go to bed.快,布鲁斯,现在9点了,该停止了,睡觉的时间到了。
If I don't find a job soon,I might as well pack up.假如不能很快找到工作,我也不想再找了。
Halfway up the hill, the engine packed up.走到半山腰,发动机熄火了。
The motors coughed and packed up.马达发出空爆声,接着停下来。
One of the aircraft's engines packed up.飞机的一个引擎坏了。
- 打包; 收拾 place things in a container; put things away pack up
- pack with (v.+prep.)
用…充满 be filled with sth pack sth with sb/sth
They packed the bus with tourists.他们使汽车里坐满了旅客。
The plumber packed the joint of the pipe with string and a special compound.这个装修水管的工人用绳子以及一种特殊的复合物把管子的接头包垫起来。用于 be ～ed 结构
The bus was packed with people.公共汽车里挤满了人。
The road was packed with refugees.路上尽是逃难的人。
- 用…充满 be filled with sth pack sth with sb/sth
- a pack of cards 一副纸牌
- a pack of cigarettes 一包烟
- a pack of hounds 一群猎狗
- a pack of lies 一席谎言
- a pack of spectators 一群观察家
- a pack of thieves 一群贼
- a pack of wolves 一群狼
- packs of courage 很有胆量
- pack closely 摆满了
- pack compactly 紧凑地塞进
- pack easily 容易装运
- pack professionally 专业包装
- pack scientifically 科学地包装
- pack securely 装得很牢
- pack away 收拾,吃
- pack away books 把书收起来
- pack away from 把…从…打发走
- pack away things 整理〔包扎〕东西
- pack in 把…塞入,吸引大量(观众)
- pack off 寄掉,匆促地离开,把…打发走
- pack out 填满,挤满
- pack sth together 把某物扎在一起
- pack up 捆好东西,收拾工具,停止工作
- pack up clothes 收拾衣物
Cigarettes cost about five dollars a pack.出自：R. Whelan
The contents of the library were all packed and carried away.出自：George Eliot
Pack your night things..while I lay on transport.出自：B. W. Aldiss
Roosevelt got into serious political difficulties when he tried to pack the Supreme Court.出自：Australian Financial Review
- pack作为表示“量”的名词常用于a pack of结构中,其后多接复数名词,用作主语时其谓语动词多用单数形式,也可用复数形式。
- pack off的意思是“运走,打发掉”; pack up的意思是“收拾行李,收拾好”。
- pack, drove, flock, herd, school, swarm
这组词都可作“群”解。其区别在于：flock是鸟或兽群的通俗用语,特指绵羊、山羊的“群”; herd通常指大动物的“群”,特指家畜的“群”; drove指被驱赶着的牛、羊、猪等的“群”; pack指猎犬、狼、狐、恶人等,用来指人群时含有轻蔑的意味; swarm指蜜蜂、昆虫等的“群”; school指水栖动物的“群”,如鱼、虾等。例如:This is a drove of deer.这是一群鹿。There are a flock of wild ducks in the pool.池塘里有一群野鸭。A pack of hounds chased the fox.一群猎狗追猎那只狐狸。I keep a large herd of cattle.我养一大群牛。Schools of dolphins live in the Pacific Ocean .太平洋里生活着成群的海豚。A swarm of ants are moving busily.一群蚂蚁正在忙碌地搬家。
- pack, bunch, bundle, package, packet, parcel
这6个词均有“包”的意思。其区别在于:pack指背包和包装的容器,也可指任何尺寸大小的包; package可专指包装袋、包装盒,也可指中小型的包,在美国主要指小包、小袋或小盒; parcel指由一件或几件东西捆在一起,便于人们携带的“中、小型包”。在英国parcel一般指邮包,在美国则专指15磅以下的邮包; packet指包得非常整洁的小包,如信件小包,多指“小件行李,邮包”; bunch指同类的物品紧凑而有条理地扎或捆在一起,意为“束,串”; bundle指宽松地打成的“捆”或“包”。例如:The climber carried some food in a pack on his back.登山者用背包背着一些干粮。We need the best package for the towels.我们需要用最好的包装用品来包装这些毛巾。Yesterday I went to the post office for my parcel.昨天我去邮局领取我的包裹。Give this packet of letters to the students.把这捆信件拿给学生。She received a bunch of flowers from her husband.她收到丈夫送的一束花。On the road there was a peasant with a bundle on his back.路上一个农民扛着一个大包。
- pack, crowd
这两个词的共同意思是“拥挤”,它们之间的区别是:前者含有“拥挤且乱”的意思,而后者则通常指“在一定范围内挤”,且含有“挤而不乱”的意思。例如:The passengers packed the station.旅客挤满了车站。
- pack, cram, ram, stuff, tamp
这组词的共同意思是“打包”。其区别在于:pack指捆好或包好某物以便贮藏或运输,引申可指许多人或物挤满或填满某一空间; cram含有“乱七八糟地用力塞进”的意思,而不考虑是否容易或方便地取出; ram强调不仅塞满而且压紧; stuff专指用填充材料或垫料来填满或塞满,暗示把某物塞得胀鼓鼓的; tamp原指用黏土或别的材料填满装有炸药的钻孔,引申指用连续的撞击把某物捣碎或把某物的上方、下方及四周压紧以起支撑作用。例如:The audience packed the hall.听众挤满了大厅。The box was crammed with letters.信箱里塞满了信件。I rammed down the earth round the newly planted bush.我把刚种的小树丛周围的泥土压结实了。You stuff the hole in the window up with newspaper until the man can put some new glass in.工人来装新玻璃前你可以用点纸先把窗上的洞堵上。He tamped down the tobacco in the pipe.他把烟斗中的烟丝压实。
- The room is packed with people.
- The room is full of people.
- The room is filled with people.
- I packed everything into one suitcase.
- I packed one suitcase with everything.
- ☆ 13世纪初期进英入语，直接源自古斯堪的纳维亚语的pakki。
- PACK:Packagingn. 包装, 包装袋
- PaCK:Parents and Community for Kids, Inc. (Estes Park, CO, USA)家长和社区为孩子们的公司。(Estes公园、公司、美国)
- PACK:Parents And Cataract Kids父母和孩子。白内障
- pack:pack n. 包裹, 一群, 一副, 背包, 包装vt. 包装, 捆扎, 塞满, 压紧, 挑选vi. 包装货物, 挤, 群集, 被包装背包 英英解释:名词pack:1. a large indefi…