- v. 塞满；猛吃；仓促备考
- n. 仓促备考；挤成一堆的人群
- n. 克拉姆(姓氏或男子名)
- vt. 塞入，填塞 force into a small space
- vt. 塞满 fill (sth) too full
- vt. (为考试而)死记硬背功课，临时准备应考 prepare oneself for an exam by studying very hard and quicky
- vi. (为考试而)死记硬背 prepare (sb) for an exam in this way
crowd or pack to capacity;
"the theater was jampacked"
put something somewhere so that the space is completely filled;
"cram books into the suitcase"
study intensively, as before an exam;
"I had to bone up on my Latin verbs before the final exam"
prepare (students) hastily for an impending exam
- This box is crammed with Christmas gifts.
- He crammed as much candy into his pockets as they would hold.
- I managed to cram down a few mouthfuls of food.
- The teacher tried to cram his pupils.
- I have to cram up six subjects for my examinations.
- My son go to cram school every evening.
- There was such a cram in the church.
- Cram ran a fine race to take the gold medal.
- He's been cramming for his exams all week.
- Stop cramming your mouth with food!
- The bus is full; you cannot cram any more people into it.
- Thirty of us were crammed into a small dark room.
- The streets were crammed with gay,laughing crowd.
- cram up English for an exam 死记英语应付考试
A large chilly basement, crammed to the ceiling with second-hand goods.出自： A. J. Cronin
An enormous letter, crammed with confidences.出自： J. G. Farrell
- cram, pack, ram, stuff, tamp
- 这组词的共同意思是“打包”。其区别在于:pack指捆好或包好某物以便贮藏或运输,引申可指许多人或物挤满或填满某一空间; cram含有“乱七八糟地用力塞进”的意思,而不考虑是否容易或方便地取出; ram强调不仅塞满而且压紧; stuff专指用填充材料或垫料来填满或塞满,暗示把某物塞得胀鼓鼓的; tamp原指用黏土或别的材料填满装有炸药的钻孔,引申指用连续的撞击把某物捣碎或把某物的上方、下方及四周压紧以起支撑作用。例如:
- The audience packed the hall.听众挤满了大厅。
- The box was crammed with letters.信箱里塞满了信件。
- I rammed down the earth round the newly planted bush.我把刚种的小树丛周围的泥土压结实了。
- You stuff the hole in the window up with newspaper until the man can put some new glass in.工人来装新玻璃前你可以用点纸先把窗上的洞堵上。
- He tamped down the tobacco in the pipe.他把烟斗中的烟丝压实。
- stuff 东西
- pack 一群
- ram 公羊
- swot 苦读
- fill 装满
- mug up 死记硬背
- load 负荷
- gorge 峡谷
- saturate 使浸透
- fill up 装满(填写
- shove 推挤
- force 武力
- study 研究
- revise 校订
- review 复习
- go over 检查
- memorize 记住
- peruse 攻读
- learn 学会
- squeeze 挤压
- jam 果酱
- swot up 刻苦攻读
- drum 鼓
- bone 骨骼
- wad 填料
- get up 起床
- bone up 抓紧温习, 突击钻研...
- chock up 塞满
- jampack 使挤满
- grind away 发出摩擦之声, 刻苦地学...