- 使行走， 使（马）用常步走
- 陪...走， 陪伴…走，护送…走
- 步行，走 ，行走，徒步
- vt. & vi. 走,步行,散步 move by putting forward each foot in turn, not having both feet off the ground at once
- [C] 步行,散步 journey on foot
- [S] 行走的路程 distance of this
- [S] 步态 manner or style of walking; gait
- [C] 步行的路径 path or route for walking
- the act of traveling by foot;
"walking is a healthy form of exercise"
- (baseball) an advance to first base by a batter who receives four balls;
"he worked the pitcher for a base on balls"
- manner of walking;
"he had a funny walk"
- the act of walking somewhere;
"he took a walk after lunch"
- a path set aside for walking;
"after the blizzard he shoveled the front walk"
- a slow gait of a horse in which two feet are always on the ground
- careers in general;
"it happens in all walks of life"
- use one's feet to advance; advance by steps;
"Walk, don't run!"
"We walked instead of driving"
"She walks with a slight limp"
"The patient cannot walk yet"
"Walk over to the cabinet"
- accompany or escort;
"I'll walk you to your car"
- obtain a base on balls
- traverse or cover by walking;
"Walk the tightrope"
"Paul walked the streets of Damascus"
"She walks 3 miles every day"
- give a base on balls to
- live or behave in a specified manner;
"walk in sadness"
- be or act in association with;
"We must walk with our dispossessed brothers and sisters"
"Walk with God"
- walk at a pace;
"The horses walked across the meadow"
- make walk;
"He walks the horse up the mountain"
"Walk the dog twice a day"
- take a walk; go for a walk; walk for pleasure;
"The lovers held hands while walking"
"We like to walk every Sunday"
- I missed the bus and had to walk home.
- The car's kaput we'll have to walk.
- I will walk you home.
- The children walk down the street hand in hand.
- Somebody has walked off with my pen.
- He just walked the street.
- After running for two miles he got to a walk.
- Every morning he will have a walk along this river.
- The path through the forest is one of my favorite walks.
Shall we ride or walk?
He liked to walk too, so we kept each other's company.
How old are babies when they learn to walk?
The baby is learning to walk.
Walk, don't run!
She walks very fast.
Mary walked as far as the end of the way.
The old man told me that I should walk eastward.
They are now walking in the park.
As I was walking in the park,I met several friends.
They walked in silence for a bit.
He walked ten miles today.
We had to walk several miles to the next town.
I don't like to walk long distances.
He walked this distance each early morning.
Grandpa had walked a long way to find them.
How far is the station, can I walk it?
He walked slow and lame.
The nurse walked the patient.
Mrs. Jones asked Linda to walk the baby.
He walked the horse at slow pace.
I'll walk you to the theatre.
Mr. Li will walk you to the bus stop.
The teacher walked her class to the center of the town.
He is walking the floor.
Dr. Czinner began again to walk the corridor.
Walk the fields looking for wild flowers.
The mobile medical team has walked this mountainous area.
We got off the bus and walked the last few blocks.
He walked the streets to look for his cat.
The old man seemed to think about something, walking the floor.
We walked the empty rooms of the house.
The man walked the floor in pain from a headache.
The mother walked the floor with her baby.
He walked his big trunk along the corridor.
Let's walk the heaviest ladder to the other end of the room.
They walked the boundary.
Can you walk the track to find out the length?
The lame horse should be walked every day.
Horses should be walked for a while after a race.
He walked himself lame.
We had a long walk through beautiful country.
Uncle Tom looked hot after his walk.
He set off at a brisk walk.
I was wondering whether you'd like a walk.
I find I have a headache after all, and a walk might do it good.
He enjoyed taking his sisters for walks through the country lanes.
It's a short walk to the beach.
The city is a forty miles walk from here.
It is a mile walk from our house to the school.
The station is ten minutes' walk from my house.
I recognized her walk.
Have you ever noticed that the bouncy little walk of hers?
His walk is just like his father's.
He slowed the horse into a walk.
Production has decreased to a walk.
The river bank is my favourite walk.
The path through the forest is one of my favourite walks.
There are some beautiful walks in Sussex.
The walk in front of the house is covered with ice.
This is the walk that I like best.
It's a pretty walk.
There is a beautiful walk along the river.
There are many pleasant walks in this area.
Some of the walks in this area are only possible in dry weather.
The garden is well laid out, with many pleasant walks.
- walk about〔around〕 (v.+adv.)
四处走动,漫步 walk here and there; strollThere were just a few people walking about in the town square, but no traffic in the streets.只有少数几个人在城镇广场上漫步,街上没有车辆。
Would they be able to walk around on the moon? 他们能在月球上随便走动吗?
- 在人群中自由走动 walk in the crowd freeIs it safe for the President to walk about without a guard?总统不带卫士在人群中自由走动安全吗?
- 四处走动,漫步 walk here and there; strollThere were just a few people walking about in the town square, but no traffic in the streets.只有少数几个人在城镇广场上漫步,街上没有车辆。
- walk abroad
- 公开露面 be seen in public or in the openAnd then, they say, no spirit can walk abroad .他们说那时候,没有一个鬼魂可以出外行走。
- 到处蔓延 be common and uncontrolledViolence walks abroad in our great cities.在我们的大城市里,暴力行为到处蔓延。
- walk ahead (v.+adv.)
走在前面 walk in front walk ahead
When the first trains ran, a man would walk ahead carrying a red flag.最早的火车开动时,一个人手擎红旗走在前面。
Why do you always walk ahead of me when we walk together?当我们一块儿走时,你为什么总要走在我的前面?
- 走在前面 walk in front walk ahead
- walk away (v.+adv.)
走开 leave on foot walk away
I didn't approve of what she was saying, so I walked away.我不赞成她讲的那一套,因此走开了。
The bear thought he was dead and walked away.熊认为他死了,就走开了。
Should you meet a jaguar in the jungle, just turn slowly, walk away.But slowly, never look back.你在丛林中若碰上美洲虎,就慢慢转身走开,可一定要慢,切莫回头看。walk sb ⇔ away
He put his arm round me and walked me away .他伸出手臂搂着我,带我走开。
- 走开 leave on foot walk away
- walk away from (v.+adv.+prep.)
从…走开 leave (sb/sth) on foot fromWhy did you walk away from me like that?
Have I said words to offend you? 你为什么要那样离开我呢?我说的话惹你生气了吗?
〈口〉比赛中轻而易举地胜过(某人或某物) beat (sb/sth) easily in a contest〔说明〕 walk away from不用于被动结构。
He walked away from all his competitors in the 3000-metre race. 在3000米赛跑中,他遥遥领先于他的对手们。
My horse had no trouble in simply walking away from all the others in that race. 在那场比赛中,我的马轻而易举地击败了其他所有的赛马。
安然脱身 survive (an accident) with little or no injury〔说明〕 walk away from通常不用于进行体。
How could he walk away from a crash like that without a mark on him? 在这样一次撞车事故中他如何能够安然无恙地脱险呢?
- 从…走开 leave (sb/sth) on foot fromWhy did you walk away from me like that?
- walk away〔off〕 with (v.+adv.+prep.)
随…走开 leave on foot together with (sb/sth)Why didn't you walk away with your father when he left?You didn't have to stay.你父亲离开时,你为什么不和他一块儿走呢?你并不是非留下不可。
If he walks off,I'm walking off with him, do you hear? 如果他离开,我将和他一道走,你听见了吗?
偷走; 带走 steal (sth) and take it away; carry (sth) offSomeone has walked away with her umbrella.有人顺手牵羊地把她的雨伞拿走了。
How can a thief walk away with a safe in broad daylight? 一个小偷在光天化日之下怎么能偷走一只保险箱呢?
Someone got in and walked away with the jewels while we were out. 有人趁我们不在时进来偷走了珠宝。
Keep an eye on our suitcases.There are too many people here, and someone may walk off with our things at any time. 看好咱们的箱子。这里的人太多,有人会顺手牵羊。
This isn't my coat.Some careless guy must have walked off with mine. 这不是我的大衣。不知是哪个粗心的家伙把我的穿走了。
“Please take care that you don't walk off with someone else's luggage by mistake,”the conductor reminded the passengers. 乘务员提醒旅客们说：“请大家注意,不要拿错别人的行李。”
〈口〉轻而易举地赢得(比赛、奖品等) win (a contest, etc.) or gain (a prize, etc.) easilyWith two top players absent, our City Football Team still walked away with the game.在两名主力队员缺席的情况下,我们的市足球队仍轻易地获得了这场比赛的胜利。
Michael Jackson again walked away with the MTV Europe Music Award for the best male singer. 迈克尔·杰克逊再次轻取了MTV欧洲音乐大奖的最佳男歌手奖。
Don't tell me Jim has walked off with the top prize as usual! 我不信吉姆又一如往常轻易地赢得了一等奖。
He is so clever to walk off with all the prizes at school. 他非常聪明,赢得了学校的全部奖品。
〈非正〉在(演出)中引人注目 take attention from the rest of (a performance)A new actor in a minor role almost walked away with the picture.这部影片中一个演配角的新演员几乎把观众的注意力都吸引过去了。
The new young singer has simply walked off with the show. 这位年轻的新歌手在演出中颇引人注目。
- 随…走开 leave on foot together with (sb/sth)Why didn't you walk away with your father when he left?You didn't have to stay.你父亲离开时,你为什么不和他一块儿走呢?你并不是非留下不可。
- walk back (v.+adv.)
走回去 return on foot walk back
I missed the last bus home, and had to walk back.我错过了末班车,只得走回家。
送…回家 take sb home on foot walk sb ⇔ back
Don't worry about going home in the dark,Jim will walk you back.别怕在天黑回家,吉姆将送你回去。
- 走回去 return on foot walk back
- walk in (v.+adv.)
走进 enter on footThe clothes cupboard is big enough for you to walk in.这衣柜大得可容你进去。
I had just put the dinner on when Jim walked in unexpectedly. 我刚把晚饭摆上桌,吉姆突然走进来。
未经许可进入 enter without permissionWhile we were out, somebody walked in and stole the jewels!我们出去时,有人溜进了屋,偷走了珠宝!
I'm sorry.I didn't mean to walk in on you, but the door was open wide. 对不起,我不是有意闯进来打扰你,那门是大开着的。
He was so mad when his little son walked in on him; he then lost his inspiration for a new poem. 他的小儿子闯了进来,使他非常生气,他因此失去了写一首新诗的灵感。
〈非正〉轻易地找到工作(常指在有竞争的情况下) get a job, position, place on a course, etc., very easily〔说明〕 walk in通常不用于进行体。
With your background, you should walk in to that job. 有你这样的背景,你会轻而易举地获得那份工作。
- 走进 enter on footThe clothes cupboard is big enough for you to walk in.这衣柜大得可容你进去。
- walk into (v.+prep.)
走进 step into a placeI saw her walking into a shop.我看见她走进一家店铺。
I walked into a pool of water and got my feet wet. 我走进了一个水坑,把脚弄湿了。
- 未经许可进入 enter (a place) without permissionWhile we were out, somebody just walked into the house and stole the jewels!我们出去时,有人进入房子把珠宝偷走了!
- 走动时无意中撞上 hit sth by accident, on footI got this lump on my head by walking into a glass door that I hadn't seen.我走路时碰在了一扇没看见的玻璃门上,头上肿起一块。
由于疏忽而遭到 meet with through inattentionIt was his own fault, he just walked into the blow.他是因为不小心才挨了那一击,怨他自己。
Mind you don't walk into a trap! 注意不要落入圈套!
He walked straight into the same mistake that we all made. 他又犯了我们大家都犯过的错误。
- 〈非正〉毫无畏惧地攻击 attack (sb) fearlesslyBravely,Jim walked into his attackers.吉姆勇敢地回击了向他进攻的那些人们。
〈非正〉轻易地找到工作 get a job, position, place on a course, etc., very easily〔说明〕 walk into通常不用于进行体。
No one was surprised when she walked into the top position. 当她轻而易举地获得那最高的职位时,无人感到惊奇。
He has just walked into the job without any problem. 他顺利地得到了这份工作。
〈非正〉大吃大喝 eat or drink greedily〔说明〕 walk into通常不用于进行体。
That boy walked into the meal as if he hadn't seen food for a week. 那个男孩子狼吞虎咽地吃饭,好像他一个星期没见到食物了。
The cat walked into a big bowl of chicken soup when the mistress was out visiting a neighbour. 那只猫趁女主人出去串门的时候,把一大碗鸡汤喝了个精光。
〈非正〉痛骂,申斥 scold; attackHe walked into us all when we least expected it.我们一点儿也没想到他竟把我们大家大骂了一顿。
I could hear the director walking into Jim for being late again. 我可以听见主任因吉姆再次迟到而斥责他。
His father walked into him for staying out so late. 他的父亲因他在外面呆得太晚回来而训斥他一顿。
- 走进 step into a placeI saw her walking into a shop.我看见她走进一家店铺。
- walk off1 (v.+adv.)
走开 go away walk off
They walked off at last.他们终于走开了。
We said good-bye, then he turned and walked off without another word.我们说了声“再见”,他便转身离去,没再说一句话。
离开 depart from walk sth ⇔ off
Small farmers in that country are facing a severe crisis and many are walking off their farms.在那个国家里,小农场的主人们面临严重危机,许多人正在离开他们的农场。
使走开 cause to go away walk sb ⇔ off
The policeman walked John off.警察把约翰带走了。
用走路来消除 get rid of by walking walk sth ⇔ off
I have to walk off this ache in my knee.我得散散步来减轻我膝关节的疼痛。
He tried to walk off the effect of the drink.他试图用散步来减弱酒劲儿。
They started back in a mood of depression, but had walked it off before they got home.他们动身回家时情绪低落,可是通过一路步行,在到家以前这种沮丧情绪已经消除了。
- 走开 go away walk off
- walk off2 (v.+prep.)
使(某人)走长路而累得精疲力竭 tire sb very much with long walking; be better able to walk for a long time walk sb off one's feet〔legs〕
The young man walked his mother off her feet because he was so eager to show her everything in the city.这个年轻人急于让他母亲看到城里的一切而使她走得精疲力竭。
My mother, in spite of her age, is so healthy that she can still walk me off my feet.母亲年事虽高,但身体非常硬朗,比我还能走长路。
If you want to leisurely stroll through the museum, don't take that guide, she will walk all of you off your feet.假如你们要漫步参观博物馆的话,别让导游带路,她会让你们走得筋疲力尽。
You've walked me off my legs.你让我走得筋疲力尽了。
- 使(某人)走长路而累得精疲力竭 tire sb very much with long walking; be better able to walk for a long time walk sb off one's feet〔legs〕
- walk on1 (v.+adv.)
- 继续走 continue walkingLet's walk on a bit further before we stop to eat.咱们再往前走一点再停下来吃饭吧。
- (演员)上台 (an actor) enter the playThe leading actor now walked on.现在主角上台了。
担任小角色,跑龙套 have a small part in a stage play, a television programme or motion pictureI didn't have much to do in the play,I just walked on in the second act.我在剧中的戏不多,仅仅是在第二幕中扮演一个小角色。
When she first joined the theatrical troupe, she was very happy just to be able to walk on. 她初到剧团时,连跑跑龙套都觉得非常高兴。
- walk on2 (v.+prep.)
在…上行走 move on foot on top of a surface walk on sth
I like walking on grass rather than paths, it's so much softer.我喜欢在草地上而不喜欢在道路上行走,草地要柔软得多。
轻率地对待; 不体谅 treat sb inconsiderately; be inconsiderate of (sb's feelings) walk on sb/sth
Why do you let him walk on you like that all the time?你为什么一直让他那样轻率地对待你?
It's difficult not to walk on her feelings, as her sensitivity is so much finer than other people's.要处处顾全到她的感情真困难,因为她比其他人要敏感得多。
〈非正〉小心翼翼 be very cautious walk on eggshells
Why are you walking on eggshells?I'm not sensitive about that matter any more.你为什么要如此小心翼翼?我对那件事已无所谓了。
She always walks on eggshells around her boss.在老板身边,她总是小心翼翼的。
飘飘然; 得意洋洋; 欢天喜地 complacent; be immensely proud; be wild with joy〔说明〕 walk on通常用于进行体。 walk on air
He was so happy when he heard he had been accepted for the post that he felt he was walking on air.当听说自己已经获准得到那个职务时,他乐得飘飘欲仙。
On hearing the news she was so elated that she felt herself walking on air.听到这消息时,她开心得不得了,觉得浑身轻飘飘的。
He walked on air for getting a high mark.他因得了高分而洋洋得意。
- 在…上行走 move on foot on top of a surface walk on sth
- walk out (v.+adv.)
走出去 go outside on foot walk out
The man who has just walked out is Tom.刚才走出去的那个人是汤姆。
I think I'll walk out for a little while to get a breath of fresh air.我想出去走走,呼吸一下新鲜空气。
罢工 leave a factory or place of work and go on strike walk out
The workers walked out yesterday when their demands for a rise in their pay were rejected.工人们因增加工资的要求遭到了拒绝,于昨天举行了罢工。
Construction workers walked out in protest at the sacking of bricklayers over 50.建筑工人举行罢工,抗议解雇五十岁以上的砌砖工人。
退出(会议等)以示抗议 leave a meeting, conference, etc., as a protest〔说明〕 walk out通常不用于进行体。 walk out
The speaker had an obvious prejudice against women, so all the female participants walked out of the meeting room.那位发言人对妇女持有明显的歧视,因此所有的女性代表退出了会场。
The representatives of the offended country walked out when the opposing speaker took the floor.当对方开始发言时,受攻击国家的代表退席抗议。walk out to-v
Representatives of six nations walked out to show their opposition to the vote.6个国家的代表退出以示反对投票表决。
带…出去 lead out walk sb ⇔ out
She walked the child out.她把孩子带出去了。
〈军〉在非值勤时间内请假离开营房 leave barracks with permission during off-duty-hour walk out
During the first weeks of basic training recruits are not permitted to walk out.在最初的几周基本训练时间内,新兵不得请假离开营房。
谈恋爱 court; fall in love with walk out
John and Mary are walking out together.约翰和玛丽正在谈恋爱。
- 走出去 go outside on foot walk out
- walk out on (v.+adv.+prep.)
离开〔抛弃、遗弃〕(某人或某物) leave, abandon or desert sb or sth, especially when you are needed or expected to staySo you are walking out on the job, aren't you?那么,你打算不干了,是吗?
My partner is experienced and sincere, but he always treats me like his little brother.So I walked out on him. 我的搭档有经验,为人诚恳,但他总把我当小弟弟对待,所以我离开了他。
You can't just walk out on your boyfriend because he doesn't get along with your parents. 你不能因为你的男朋友和你父母合不来就甩了他。
〈非正〉推卸责任; 未履行诺言 leave (one's responsibility for sth); fail to fulfil (an agreement)The government has been charged with walking out on its election promises.政府因未能履行大选中所许下的种种诺言而受到指责。
You can't walk out on the contract, or you could be taken to court. 你不可违反合同,否则你会被起诉。
- 离开以示反对(某人或某事) leave so as to show one's opposition to (sb/sth)Half the committee walked out on the chairman while he was still speaking.当主席仍在讲话时,委员会的半数成员便离席以示抗议。
- 离开〔抛弃、遗弃〕(某人或某物) leave, abandon or desert sb or sth, especially when you are needed or expected to staySo you are walking out on the job, aren't you?那么,你打算不干了,是吗?
- walk over1 (v.+adv.)
穿过 go across walk over
Walk over and look in the window.走过去往窗里瞧。
走到另一个地方 move to another place on foot walk over
Let's not take the car, we can easily walk over.我们不用坐车,走过去很方便。
He walked over to the window to read the letter more easily.他走到窗户边,这样看信更方便些。
把…带到另一地方 take sth or lead sb on foot to another place walk sb/sth ⇔ over
I'll walk you over to your place, you shouldn't go alone on such a dark night.我将把你送到你住的地方,你不应该在如此漆黑的夜晚单独走。
- 穿过 go across walk over
- walk over2 (v.+prep.)
无视…的愿望或感情,轻蔑地对待 disregard the wishes or feelings of; treat contemptuouslyThose parents and teachers walked over young children.那些父母和教师漠视幼童的愿望。
She lets those children walk over her. 她总是听任那些孩子们轻率地对待她。
His wife walks over him. 他的妻子轻蔑地对待他。
I can't understand why she allows her children to walk over her as they do. 我不明白她为什么会允许子女对她那样傲慢无礼。
He would walk over other people to get what he wanted. 他会无视别人的意愿来达到自己的目的。
◇ 用于 be ～ed 结构
Time and time again the inoffensive and the weak have been walked over by the strong. 不害人的人与弱者一次又一次被强者抢先。
- 轻而易举地胜过 have an easy victory over in a race, contest, etc.Team B walked over Team A in the basketball match yesterday, the final score being 95∶50.在昨天那场篮球赛中,乙队以九十五比五十的比分轻取甲队。
- 无视…的愿望或感情,轻蔑地对待 disregard the wishes or feelings of; treat contemptuouslyThose parents and teachers walked over young children.那些父母和教师漠视幼童的愿望。
- walk round (v.+adv.)
走到另一地方 move to another place on foot walk round
Shall we walk round to your aunt's house, or take the car?我们是走着去你婶母家还是坐汽车去呢?
把…带〔领〕到 take sth or lead sb on foot to another place walk sb/sth ⇔ round
Why don't you walk the dog round for half an hour or so?It'll give you some exercise, and probably calm you.你怎么不带着狗儿去遛半小时左右呢?这可以使你锻炼一下身体,或许会使你平静下来。
- 走到另一地方 move to another place on foot walk round
- walk through (v.+prep.)
步行穿过(某处) pass through a place or substance on footWalking through the forest one day, we found a strange little hut that no one had ever seen before.有一天我们穿过树林时发现了一个以前人们未曾见过的奇怪的小屋。
People are allowed to walk through the big house at weekends, admiring the old paintings and furniture. 在周末,允许人们从这幢大房子里穿过,欣赏一下古老的绘画和家具。
- 〈非正〉轻而易举地通过(考试等) pass (sth such as an examination) easilyJohn thought that he would fail his driving test, as usual, but this time, to his own surprise, he walked through it.约翰原以为他的驾驶测验会一如往常不及格,可这次出乎他意料之外,他顺利地通过了。
- 马马虎虎地演(戏、角色等) go through a play, an acting part, etc. perfunctorilyShe merely walked through the part.她只是马马虎虎地完成演出任务。
- 敷衍了事地做完 deal with or carry out perfunctorilyTom walked through a test, and went out to play.汤姆草草地做完测验题,就出去玩去了。
- 步行穿过(某处) pass through a place or substance on footWalking through the forest one day, we found a strange little hut that no one had ever seen before.有一天我们穿过树林时发现了一个以前人们未曾见过的奇怪的小屋。
- walk together (v.+adv.)
- 一起步行 go on foot in a group or pairThe path is too narrow for two people to walk together.这条路太窄,两个人不能并行。
- 和睦相处; 协调一致 keep pleasant company; be in agreementIt's unusual for people of such different political opinions to be able to walk together.这些持有不同政见的人能够和睦相处是不寻常的。
- walk up (v.+adv.)
向上走 go up on foot; go up a hill, etc. walk up
There's a little train to take you to the top of the hill, but I'd rather walk up.这里小火车送你到山顶,可我宁愿步行上去。
The old man walked up slowly.老人慢慢地走上楼去。
沿…走去 walk along walk sth ⇔ up
If you walk up the street, you'll see many shops.如果你沿街走去,你就能看到许多商店。
I was walking up Zhong Shan Road when I suddenly heard someone calling me from behind.我沿着中山路向前走去,突然听到背后有人叫我。
〈非正〉请进 please enter walk up
Tom shouted:“walk up, ladies and gentlemen, and see our wonderful collection of freaks.”汤姆大声叫道：“女士们,先生们,请进来看看吧,看看我们搜罗的各式各样的畸形动物。”
- 向上走 go up on foot; go up a hill, etc. walk up
- walk up to (v.+adv.+prep.)
走近,走向 approach walk up to sb
A stranger walked up to me and asked me the time.一个陌生人走到我跟前,问我是什么时候了。
Joan walked up to her husband and sat down.琼走到她丈夫身边,坐了下来。
- 走近,走向 approach walk up to sb
- walk with (v.+prep.)
与(某人)作伴行走 go on foot in the company of sb walk with sb
I'll walk with you as far as the bus stop.我送你到公共汽车站。
- 与(某人)作伴行走 go on foot in the company of sb walk with sb
- at a walk
用常步 using the normal pace
The horse proceeded at a walk. 马儿慢慢前进。
They were proceeding down the street at a slow walk. 他们在街上慢步行进。
- 用常步 using the normal pace
- go (out) for a walk
出去散步 go out for a walk; go out for a stroll
I think that she has gone out for a walk. 我想她是出去散步去了。
Afterwards Mr. Coe went for a solitary walk in the evening light. 后来,柯先生出去在路灯下独自散步。
Anna asked Philip if he would like to go for a walk with her. 安娜问菲利普是否愿意同她一道出去散散步。
- 出去散步 go out for a walk; go out for a stroll
- in a walk
轻而易举地 easy to do
Two years ago he won in a walk. 两年前,他轻易地获胜了。
I can win the case in a walk. 我能轻易地打赢这场官司。
- 轻而易举地 easy to do
- on a walk
在散步 going out for a stroll
We were on a walk in the country when the idea first occurred to us. 我们是在乡间散步时第一次有这种想法的。
- 在散步 going out for a stroll
- take a walk
散步 have a walk
We walked out on the bridge and then took a walk through the town. 我们出去,走上桥,然后在城里闲逛。
I've been taking a walk,I couldn't sleep. 我一直在散步,我不能入睡。
The guests took a long walk after dinner. 晚饭之后,客人们散步了好久。
- 散步 have a walk
- walk of life
行业,…类的人 person's occupation, profession or rank
Now we find women involved in every walk of life. 如今我们看到妇女参与到各个行业。
There are honest and dishonest people in all walks of life. 各行各业里都有诚实的人和不诚实的人。
People from all walks of life came to hear his speech. 各界人士都来听他讲话。
As a doctor in a hospital he had come in contact with people from all walks of life. 作为医院里的一个医生,他接触了各行各业的人。
The banker didn't want his son to marry a girl in a different walk of life. 这个银行家要他的儿子不娶别的行业的姑娘。
Many rich people have yachts, people in their walk of life can afford them. 许多有钱的人都有游艇,那些各行各业有钱的人都能买得起游艇。
- 行业,…类的人 person's occupation, profession or rank
- walk a boundary 步行划边界
- walk a step 走一步
- walk district 走过这个地区
- walk hospitals 作医生
- walk last city blocks 走过最后几个街区
- walk mark 举止得体
- walk plank 被迫辞职,被迫放弃
- walk sb's dog 遛狗
- walk sb's rounds 巡回
- walk the chalk 举止得体
- walk the floor 走在地板上
- walk the horse 遛马
- walk the streets 在街头行走,做娼妓
- walk this deck 走过甲板
- walk tracks 巡道,查看轨道
- walk village 走过村庄
- walk alone 独自地走
- walk much 走许多路
- walk abstractedly 漫步
- walk aimlessly 无目的地行走
- walk blindly 盲目走动
- walk briskly 轻快地走
- walk calmly 平静地走开
- walk cavalierly 自由自在地散步
- walk characteristically 有一定特点地走路
- walk deliberately 谨慎地行走
- walk erectly 直立行走
- walk gently 轻手轻脚地走
- walk gingerly 小心翼翼地行走
- walk gracefully 步态优美地走
- walk haphazardly 漫步
- walk heavily 脚步沉重地走
- walk honestly 行为正直
- walk jauntily 洋洋得意地走
- walk lazily 慢吞吞地走
- walk meekly 温顺地走开
- walk musingly 沉思地踱步
- walk mutely 不说话地走路
- walk quickly 迅速行走
- walk rapidly 迅速行走
- walk reflectively 沉思踱步
- walk restlessly 得不到休息地步行
- walk sedately 稳步地走
- walk slowly 缓步慢行
- walk softly 轻手轻脚地行走
- walk spirally 螺旋形移动
- walk strenuously 艰苦地行走
- walk tempestuously 剧烈地行走
- walk unsteadily 不稳定地走
- walk untiringly 不厌倦地走
- walk warily 谨慎行事
- walk wearily 疲乏地走
- walk about 漫步,散步
- walk along 一路走
- walk away (使)走开
- walk back 往回走
- walk down 通过散步消除…
- walk far 走得很远
- walk forth 朝前走
- walk in 走入,擅自入内
- walk off 走开,用走路来减轻(疼痛等)
- walk on 再向前走
- walk out 走出去,罢工,退席抗议
- walk over 走到另一地方,轻易取胜
- walk away from 在比赛中轻而易举地获胜
- walk away with 把…偷走,顺手拿走
- walk off with 把…偷走,顺手拿走
- walk out of 从…走出,从…退席
- walk out of a meeting 退出会议
- walk across 步行穿过
- walk across the street 步行横过街道
- walk along 沿着…走
- walk along a river bank 沿着河岸走
- walk along the street 沿着街走
- walk around 绕…走
- walk around a house 绕房子走
- walk by 走过…
- walk down 沿着…向前走
- walk down the street 沿着街向前走
- walk from 从…出发步行
- walk in one's sleep 梦游
- walk in the country 在乡间行走
- walk into 走进,狼吞虎咽地吃,走动时无意中撞上〔碰到〕(某物)
- walk into a glass door 不小心碰到玻璃门上
- walk into a room 走进房间
- walk into an ambush 走进埋伏圈
- walk on 在…上走
- walk on air 高兴
- walk on the sidewalk 在人行道上行走
- walk on the wet floor 在湿地板上走
- walk over 不服从(某人),轻率地对待(某人)
- walk past 走过…
- walk past the library 走过图书馆
- walk round 绕…走
- walk through 步行穿过,帮助…干完
- walk through a puddle 淌过水坑
- walk through the park 步行穿过公园
- walk sb through the procedure 协助某人办完了手续
- walk to 步行至
- walk upon one's hands 倒立着走
- walk with a slight limp 走路有点跛脚
- walk with big strides 大踏步走
- beautify walk 美化人行道
- block walk 封锁步道
- border walk 给人行道划边线
- bound walk 划定步道
- circle walk 圈定步行处
- elevate walk 提升职务
- enclose walk 把散步处圈起来
- enjoy a walk 愿意散步,享受散步之乐
- go a walk 散步
- go for a walk 去散步
- go on a walk 去散步
- have a walk 散步
- intersect walk 与人行道相交
- make a walk 散步
- occupy walk 侵占人行道
- parallel walk 与人行道平行
- pave walk 铺设人行道
- promenade walk 散步
- repair walk 修理步道
- shade walk 绿化人行道
- take a walk 散步
- full day's walk 一整天的步行
- aimless walk 无目标的散步
- awkward walk 笨拙的走路姿势
- beautiful walk 优美的走路姿势
- brisk walk 轻快的步态
- cheerful walk 令人愉快的散步
- constitutional walk 保健散步,增强体质的散步
- contemplative walk 沉思的踱步
- cultured walk 陶冶性情的散步
- dark walk 在黑暗中散步
- dragging walk 拖着脚走路的步态
- easy walk 轻松的散步
- enrapturing walk 令人欣喜若狂的散步
- exhilarating walk 令人高兴的散步
- fatiguing walk 疲倦的散步
- glorious walk 愉快的散步
- graceful walk 优美的步态
- haphazard walk 任意走
- hedge-lined walk 在栅栏圈里散步
- humble walk 低三下四的走路
- imposing walk 堂堂正正的走路
- lazy walk 慢吞吞的散步
- leisurely walk 不慌不忙的步态
- lingering walk 消磨时间的散步
- long walk 长时间散步
- lumbering walk 沉重的步伐
- measured walk 整齐的步伐
- mincing walk 从容不迫的散步
- moderate walk 稳健的步伐
- obscure walk 不引人注目的散步
- outdoor walk 户外散步
- pleasant walk 愉快的散步
- pretty walk 愉快的散步
- public walk 公共道路
- restless walk 无休止的徒步行走
- rhythmic walk 有节奏的步伐
- roaming walk 漫步
- rolling walk 摇晃的步伐
- romantic walk 浪漫的散步
- rough walk 艰难的行走
- royal walk 堂而皇之走路
- sanguine walk 自信的步伐
- sauntering walk 漫步
- shady walk 在阴凉处散步
- sharp walk 敏捷的步子
- short walk 短途步行
- silent walk 静悄悄的走步
- slow walk 慢行
- solar walk 日光下散步
- solitary walk 孤独的散步
- spacious walk 空间行走
- springy walk 轻快步伐
- strenuous walk 艰苦的徒步走
- sunny walk 令人愉快的散步
- tangling walk 紊乱的步伐
- tremendous walk 运动量大的徒步旅行
- umbrageous walk 多荫的人行道
- undulating walk 无节奏的步伐
- ungainly walk 笨拙的走路的样子
- vigorous walk 活泼的步态
- visionary walk 梦游
- weary walk 疲惫的步伐
- willowy walk 柳树下散步
- windywalk 风天里的步行
- at a walk 用普通步子
- by one' s walk 按某人走路的样子
- for a short walk 只是走走
- in a walk 轻而易举地
- drop into a walk 转为步行
- fall into a walk 改成常步行走
Taking her for long weekend walks in the park.出自：Sara Maitland
Would ye rob the man before his body? Nay, he would walk!出自：R. L. Stevenson
- walk既可用作及物动词,也可用作不及物动词。用作及物动词时,可接表示人或动物的名词作宾语,意为“教〔扶〕某人走路”“遛(马、狗等)”; 接表示地点的名词作宾语,意为“在…走动”; 也可接以形容词充当宾语补足语的复合宾语。walk用作不及物动词侧重运动方式时常译作“走(路),步行”,侧重运动目的时常译作“散步”,常伴随表示距离、地点或方向的状语。
- walk, plod, stride
这三个词的共同意思是“步行,走路”。其区别是：walk是最常用的词,指通过双足交替运动而使身体移动的动作; plod指缓慢而吃力地走; stride指长而有规律地大步走,特别表示匆忙、烦恼、自傲地走路,或充沛的昂然阔步。例如:The captain walked the deck.船长在甲板上走动。Labourers plodded home through the muddy fields.工人们穿过泥泞的田地吃力地走回家去。She turned and strode off.她转身迈着大步走了。
- walk, go on foot
这两个词(组)的共同意思是“步行”。其区别是：1.walk是一般用语,只有因某种特殊要求,如需对照、强调等时,才用go on foot。例如:I prefer to go on foot.我宁愿步行。2.(动物)走通常不用walk,而用go。
- walk, go, step
这三个词都可表示“走路”,有时可以替换,如:Step〔Walk,Go〕 in, please.请进。其区别是：step着重举步、迈步; go表示从一处向另一处运动,指走路,也可指乘车,可用于人或其他动物; walk着重用双脚有规律地走路,亦快亦慢,只用于人。例如:He stepped back and gave me another look.他后退一步,又看了我一眼。I must go.我得走了。She walked with light steps.她走起来步态轻盈。
- at a walk, in a walk, on a walk
这三个短语的意思不同：at a walk的意思是“用常步”; in a walk的意思是“轻而易举地”; on a walk的意思是“在步行中”。
- walk, drive
- The hotel is 10-minute walk from here.
- The hotel is a half-hour drive from the centre of the city.
- My house is ten minutes' walk from the station.
- My house is ten minutes' walk to the sta- tion.
误 Let's walk to the shop on foot.
正 Let's go to the shop on foot.
析 walk本身的意思就是go on foot,因此不能再与on foot连用。
误 My watch walks five minutes.
正 My watch is five minutes fast.
析 表示钟、表“走得快〔慢〕”这种意思时不能用walk或go,应该用be fast〔slow〕或gain〔lose〕。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的weaclan，意为走动。
- walk:概述 vi.1. 走;散步He likes walking.他喜欢步行。He arose and walked to the window.他站起来走向窗户。2. (鬼魂)出现3. 【棒】因四坏球而自…