- n. 路线；小路；小径；轨道；路程
- [C]小路,小径 pathway; a track or way made by people walking over the ground
- [C]路线,途径,路径 a line along which sth moves; a way
a course of conduct;
"the path of virtue"
"we went our separate ways"
"our paths in life led us apart"
"genius usually follows a revolutionary path"
a way especially designed for a particular use
an established line of travel or access
a line or route along which something travels or moves;
"the hurricane demolished houses in its path"
"the track of an animal"
"the course of the river"
- A bullet describes a curved path in the air.
- We bumped up and down along the gravel path.
- They went out for a walk on the gravelled path.
- I very much hope that this is merely a temporary phenomenon before a path could be found for emerging Asia to move again towards and adhere to financial freedom.
- The moon's path is round the earth.
- Our path bristles with difficulties.
- Let me carry the lamp through the stormy path.
- The path was completely covered by the dense foliage.
- We must even the path—it's so rough.
- The old man edged the path with trees.
- The dog has fouled the path.
- The darkness hides the path.
- We were conducted down a narrow path by the guide.
- He bent his steps from the path.
- We can follow this path to the village.
- We walked along the path, enjoying the glow of the rising sun.
- Our lorry eased down and zigzagged along the mountain path.
- She glanced back over the path she had come.
- A truck blocked the greater part of the path, so that we couldn't get by.
- The road finished in a narrow path.
- He fell over a rock in his path.
- We cut a path through the forest and gained the river next day.
- There was no path through the wood and we had to force our way through the thick bushes.
- They cut out a path through the jungle.
- The local people had beaten out a path through the forest.
- He has had a difficult path through life.
- Hard work is the path to success.
- Genghis Khan's armies destroyed everything in their path.
- In the end he chose the path of revolution.
- In becoming a doctor like his father he had really just followed the path of least resistance.
- beat a path to a place
门庭若市 the courtyard is as crowded as a marketplace
- cross sb's path〔cross paths with〕
妨碍某人 hinder; impede
- bar a path 阻碍道路
- beat a path 踏出小道
- block a path 堵塞小道
- clear a path 开辟道路
- cross sb's path 碰见(某人),挡住某人的路
- cut out one's path 开辟出小路
- explore every path 探索各种小径
- extend a path 延长小路
- find a path 找到小路
- follow a path 沿着小路走
- have no path of escape 无路可逃
- keep to a path 沿着路走
- know the path to 知道到…的小路
- lay across the path 横倒在小路上
- make a path 开出小道
- open a path 开辟小路
- pave a path 铺路
- stand in sb's path 阻挡某人(走上成功之路)
- strike out a path 开辟道路
- take a path 取小道走
- walk down the path 沿着这条小路走
- back path 乡间的小路
- beaten path 踏出来的路,常规,惯例
- crooked path 弯曲的小路
- dusty path 满是尘土的小路
- heavy path 崎岖的小路
- impassable path 无法通行的小路
- near path 近路
- new path 新路
- open path 坦途
- river-side path 河边小路
- rough path 崎岖的小道
- rural path 乡下的小路
- shady path 阴凉的小路
- solitary path 僻静的小路
- stony path 多石的小路
- straight path 笔直的小路
- tree-lined path 林荫小路
- twisting path 弯弯曲曲的小路
- various paths 各种各样的小路
- bridle path (不通汽车的)骑马专用路
- country path 乡间的小路
- dirt path 泥路
- garden path 公园小道
- mountain path 山路
- zigzag path 羊肠小路
Half-cultivated fields bordered by narrow grass paths.出自： M. Lowry
I almost ran up the path to her house.出自： L. R. Banks
- path与through连用时,表示“通往…的小路”; 与of连用时表示“…的道路”。
- path, road, route, track, way
- The roads were blocked with crowds of people. 道路被人群挤得水泄不通。
- Houses in this area have all appreciated in value since the new road was built.新路建好之后这一地区的房子都增值了。
- He advocated building more good roads.他主张修筑更多的好公路。
- We have been advised that the roads are too icy for the trip.有人告诉我们路太滑不好走。
- They barred the way and we couldn't go any farther.他们挡住了路,我们不能再往前走。
- On our way to the peak, a fierce storm suddenly blew up.在爬向顶峰时,突然刮起猛烈的大风。
- The land has appreciated greatly since the new railway was built.自新铁路建成后,这片地的价值大为增加。
- They returned by the same route.他们从原路返回。
- They decided on the route they were to take.他们决定了要走的路线。
- The plane did not fly the usual commercial route.飞机没有沿通常的商业航线飞。
- They are laying the tracks for a new railway.他们正在为铁路铺新轨。
- The locomotive ran off the track and the cars overturned.机车出了轨,车厢翻了。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的pap；最初源自西日耳曼语的patha-，意为小路。