a leisurely walk (usually in some public place)
- The horse is walking at an amble.
- "Sure." I laugh, slowing to an easy amble.
- He came ambling down the road.
- Leakey is an infant, but old enough to amble through the canopy on his own.
- Every evening,they amble along the bank.
She has..play'd at an Assembly, and ambled in a Ball or two.出自： Addison
They ambled across the square, shuffled in and out of the stores around it, took their time about everything.出自： Harper Lee
The ability to create essentially frivolous entertainments, which were enjoyed by enough essentially frivolous people for me to be able to amble comfortably through life.出自： C. Hampton