stop work in order to press demands;
"The auto workers are striking for higher wages"
"The employees walked out when their demand for better benefits was not met"
leave abruptly, often in protest or anger;
"The customer that was not served walked out"
leave suddenly, often as an expression of disapproval;
"She walked out on her husband and children"
- The men in this factory walked out yesterday.
- The strikers are holding out for a 5% pay increase.
- I had to get out of that house in disguise.
- He waved the servant out of his room.
- At that meeting one of the delegates walked out in protest.
- The meeting ended on a sour note with several people walking out.
- strike 罢工