a heavy dull sound (as made by impact of heavy objects)
make a dull sound;
"the knocker thudded against the front door"
strike with a dull sound;
"Bullets were thudding against the wall"
make a noise typical of an engine lacking lubricants
- He fell on the floor with a thud.
- The encyclopedia fell to the floor with a thud.
- It fell with a dead thud.
- The book hit the floor with a thud.
- His arrow thudded into the target.
He dropped the bag..with a soft thud on the new mats.出自： L. Spalding
His heart thudded inside his chest cavity.出自： I. Wallace
Occasionally an apple thudded into the long grass.出自： R. Frame