- 凶兆， 恶兆，征兆，兆头
- <古> 威胁，恐哧，恐吓
- [C][U]威胁,恐吓 an expression of an intention to hurt, punish, cause pain, etc.
- [C]可能造成威胁的人〔事,想法〕 a person, thing, or idea regarded as a possible danger
- [S]恶兆,兆头 a sign, warning, or possibility of coming danger
something that is a source of danger;
"earthquakes are a constant threat in Japan"
a warning that something unpleasant is imminent;
"they were under threat of arrest"
declaration of an intention or a determination to inflict harm on another;
"his threat to kill me was quite explicit"
a person who inspires fear or dread;
"he was the terror of the neighborhood"
- His presence is a threat to our success.
- The threat of an economic depression hangs over the world.
- Pollution poses a threat to the continued existence of this species.
- He took not notice of his father's threat.
- There was a threat of typhoon.
- His threats are just talk.Don't worry!
- The United Nations are trying to free the world from the threat of war.
- They carried out their threat to kill him.
- The murderer is a threat to everyone in the town.
- The use of nuclear weapons is a horrible threat to the species.
- The threat of bankruptcy hung over the company.
- under threat of 在…的威胁下
There is no terror, Cassius, in your threats.出自：Julius Caesar , Shakespeare
A threat of rain darkened the sky.出自： E. Wharton
The movement to reform the House of Lords has arisen in the face of a threat to abolish it.出自： R. Scruton
Coal mining in those areas was a threat to public safety.出自：New York Times
- threat属于类名词，句子We disregarded all his threats里的threats不能以它的单数形式threat出现；
The tenants disregarded their landlord's threat to expel them.
There was then a continual threat of war.
There was then a continual threat to peace.
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的reat，意为众人，军队。
- menace 威胁
- danger 【U】危险
- risk 危险
- peril 危险
- hazard 危险
- warning 警告
- intimidation 恐吓
- bomb 炸弹
- caution 警告
- alarm 警报
- caveat 防止误解的说明...
- jeopardy 危险
- scare 受惊吓
- notice 注意
- quicksand 流沙
- omen 征兆
- portent 前兆
- premonition （不祥的）预感...
- foreboding 不祥的预感
- time bomb 定时炸弹
- sleeping volcano 休眠火山
- time 时间
- sleeping 睡着的
- volcano 火山
- gathering 集会
- on 在 ... 之上
- the 那
- cloud 云
- clouds 云
- horizon 地平线
- evil 邪恶的
- dark 黑暗的
- terror 恐怖
- scourge 灾难