- 凶兆， 恶兆，征兆，兆头
- <古> 威胁，恐哧，恐吓
- [C][U]威胁,恐吓 an expression of an intention to hurt, punish, cause pain, etc.
- [C]可能造成威胁的人〔事,想法〕 a person, thing, or idea regarded as a possible danger
- [S]恶兆,兆头 a sign, warning, or possibility of coming danger
- something that is a source of danger;
"earthquakes are a constant threat in Japan"
- a warning that something unpleasant is imminent;
"they were under threat of arrest"
- declaration of an intention or a determination to inflict harm on another;
"his threat to kill me was quite explicit"
- a person who inspires fear or dread;
"he was the terror of the neighborhood"
- His presence is a threat to our success.
- The threat of an economic depression hangs over the world.
- Pollution poses a threat to the continued existence of this species.
- There was a threat of typhoon.
His threats are just talk.Don't worry!
The United Nations are trying to free the world from the threat of war.
They carried out their threat to kill him.
The murderer is a threat to everyone in the town.
The use of nuclear weapons is a horrible threat to the species.
The threat of bankruptcy hung over the company.
- under threat of 在…的威胁下
There is no terror, Cassius, in your threats.出自：Julius Caesar,Shakespeare
A threat of rain darkened the sky.出自：E. Wharton
The movement to reform the House of Lords has arisen in the face of a threat to abolish it.出自：R. Scruton
Coal mining in those areas was a threat to public safety.出自：New York Times
- threat属于类名词，句子We disregarded all his threats里的threats不能以它的单数形式threat出现；
The tenants disregarded their landlord's threat to expel them.
There was then a continual threat of war.
There was then a continual threat to peace.
- danger risk hazard menace peril threat
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的raet，意为众人，军队。
- time bomb定时炸弹
- sleeping volcano休眠火山
- on在 ... 之上
- threat:threat n. 恐吓, 凶兆, 威胁 英英解释:名词threat:1. something that is a source of danger同义词：menace2. a warning tha…