- [U][C]危险,风险 chance of suffering damage, loss, injury, etc.; risk
- [C]可能造成损伤、疼痛等的人或物; 危害 person or thing that may cause damage, injury, pain, etc.; hazard
- the condition of being susceptible to harm or injury;
"you are in no danger"
"there was widespread danger of disease"
- a venture undertaken without regard to possible loss or injury;
"he saw the rewards but not the risks of crime"
"there was a danger he would do the wrong thing"
- a cause of pain or injury or loss;
"he feared the dangers of traveling by air"
- a dangerous place;
"He moved out of danger"
- She was on the danger list, but is much better now.
- The operation is a success and now the patient is out of danger.
- Violent criminals like that are dangers to society.
- A gun could be regarded as a danger when it's in a criminal's hand.
- But there is a real danger facing this important ecosystem.
In case of danger, raise the electric alarm.
In time of war a soldier's life is full of danger.
At night the city is full of dangers.
Although he was warned of the danger, he adhered to his plans to climb the mountain alone.
We will dare hardships and dangers.
The prisoner had discovered the danger and was now working very quietly.
A surge of anger blinded him to his own danger.
He was delivered from danger.
A policeman could meet danger any minute of his working day.
There's no danger ahead.
The greater the danger, the braver you should be.
Give me the dangers.
- danger in
(做)某事〔物〕危险 be dangerous in sth or doing sth danger in sth/v-ing
Though the bridge is a bit rickety, there is no immediate danger in walking over it.桥虽然有点摇晃,但在上面走还不会有什么危险。
There is danger in their seeing us.他们看见了我们就危险了。
- (做)某事〔物〕危险 be dangerous in sth or doing sth danger in sth/v-ing
- danger money
危险工作津贴 extra pay for dangerous work
Possibly they want danger money for all the chimney work they have to do. 他们很可能只想干他们必须的所有打扫烟囱的危险工作,从中获取额外报酬。
- 危险工作津贴 extra pay for dangerous work
- danger of
危险 chance of suffering damage, loss, injury, etc.; risk danger of sth/v-ing
The small craft was exposed to the danger of the open sea.那只小船曾经历了在空旷的海洋里穿行的种种危险。
Chain smokers don't care about the dangers of smoking.烟鬼似乎不在乎吸烟带来的种种危害。
The rocks are a danger to shipping.暗礁对于航运是一个危险的东西。
The doctor alerted me to the danger of not getting enough sleep.医生警告我要注意睡眠不足的危险性。
He is sensible of the danger of his position.他发觉他处境危险。
- 危险 chance of suffering damage, loss, injury, etc.; risk danger of sth/v-ing
- danger to
危害,威胁 a case or cause of danger danger to sb/sth
The flood was a danger to the livelihood of the inhabitants there.水灾对那里居民的生计是个威胁。
Tidal wave is a danger to navigation.海啸对航海来说是一大威胁。
He is a danger to the public.他对于大众是个危险人物。
- 危害,威胁 a case or cause of danger danger to sb/sth
- in danger
在危险中,有…的危险 in the dangerous state in danger of/from sth/v-ing
Her life was in danger.她生命垂危。
In a moment Mr. Fison realized that he was in danger.菲森先生马上就意识到他处境的危险。
You are in danger of catching cold.你有患感冒的危险。
He is in danger of losing his job.他有失业的危险。
My friend is in danger of losing his life.我的朋友生命垂危。
The building is in imminent danger of collapsing.这楼危在旦夕,就要倒塌了。
You are in no danger from cold if you take a cold bath every day.坚持每天进行冷水浴你就不会有感冒的危险了。
Little did he know that he was in danger from his own family.他想不到他自己的家里人会坑害他。
- 在危险中,有…的危险 in the dangerous state in danger of/from sth/v-ing
- on the danger list
病危 very ill and near to death
She was on the danger list, but is much better now. 她曾一度病危,现在好多了。
- 病危 very ill and near to death
- out of danger
脱离危险 not in danger
My father has been very ill but the doctor says he is out of danger now. 我父亲一直病得很重,但医生说他现在已脱离危险。
- 脱离危险 not in danger
- without danger
This is a place where children may play without danger. 孩子们在这种地方玩耍是没有危险的。
- 没危险 undangerous
- avoid danger 避免危险
- brave danger 不顾危险,不怕危险
- dare danger 敢于承担风险
- escape danger 脱离危险,逃脱危险
- face danger 面临危险
- fight danger 和危险作斗争
- guard against danger 防止危险
- increase danger 增加危险
- put in danger 处于危险之中
- prevent danger 防止危险
- realize the danger 意识到危险
- recognize a danger 认识到危险
- remove the danger 消除危险
- run the danger 冒险
- sense the danger 意识到危险
- approaching danger 渐渐迫近的危险
- certain danger 某种危险
- future danger 未来的危险
- great danger 很大的危险
- immediate danger 直接威胁
- national danger 国难
- possible danger 可能出现的危险
- public danger 公众的危险
- real danger 真正的危险
- serious danger 严重的危险
- some danger 某种危险
Keep you..Out of the shot and danger of desire.出自：Hamlet,Shakespeare
- 泛指“危险”时, danger是不可数名词,指具体的“危险”或“危险物”“可能造成损伤、疼痛等的人”时,是可数名词。
- danger, hazard, peril, risk
这组词都有“危险”的意思。danger是普通用语,含义很广,泛指任何可能发生的伤害或不良后果,适用于一切危险,如受害的遭遇、受害、受伤或丧命的可能性等; risk也属常用词,与danger相比,一般指难以预料的危险,常作“风险”解; hazard是正式用语,也指难以预料又无法控制的危险,但远不如danger和risk使用广泛; peril也属正式用语,常指严重而紧急的危险,多见于文学作品中。例如:High flood waters put the town in danger.汹涌的河水使这个城市岌岌可危。In war a soldier's life is full of danger.在战争中,士兵的生命是充满危险的。He saved my life at the risk of losing his own.他冒着生命的危险拯救了我。You have to take a lot of risks in my job.你不得不为我的工作担许多风险。I will try it at all hazards.我要不顾一切地试试。There would have been no triumph in success, had there been no hazard of failure.要是没有失败的危险就不会有凯旋的欢乐。The city is in peril!该城危在旦夕!The ship was in imminent peril of being wrecked.那只船有立即撞沉的危险。
- in danger 处于危险中
- at danger 处于有危险的地方
- danger risk hazard menace peril threat
- ☆ 13世纪中期进英入语，直接源自中古英语的daunger；最初源自古法语的dongier，意为权力，统治，不可一世。
- danger:danger n. 危险, 危险物, 威胁习惯用语A danger forseen is half avoided. [谚]预见隐患等于防范一半。at danger (铁路上的信号旗或信号装置)指在危…