- [U][C]危险,风险 chance of suffering damage, loss, injury, etc.; risk
- [C]可能造成损伤、疼痛等的人或物; 危害 person or thing that may cause damage, injury, pain, etc.; hazard
the condition of being susceptible to harm or injury;
"you are in no danger"
"there was widespread danger of disease"
a venture undertaken without regard to possible loss or injury;
"he saw the rewards but not the risks of crime"
"there was a danger he would do the wrong thing"
a cause of pain or injury or loss;
"he feared the dangers of traveling by air"
a dangerous place;
"He moved out of danger"
- She was on the danger list, but is much better now.
- The operation is a success and now the patient is out of danger.
- Violent criminals like that are dangers to society.
- A gun could be regarded as a danger when it's in a criminal's hand.
- But there is a real danger facing this important ecosystem.
- The village was evacuated because of the danger of a flood.
- In case of danger, raise the electric alarm.
- In time of war a soldier's life is full of danger.
- At night the city is full of dangers.
- Although he was warned of the danger, he adhered to his plans to climb the mountain alone.
- We will dare hardships and dangers.
- The prisoner had discovered the danger and was now working very quietly.
- A surge of anger blinded him to his own danger.
- He was delivered from danger.
- A policeman could meet danger any minute of his working day.
- There's no danger ahead.
- The greater the danger, the braver you should be.
- Give me the dangers.
- danger in
(做)某事〔物〕危险 be dangerous in sth or doing sth
danger in sth/v-ing
Though the bridge is a bit rickety, there is no immediate danger in walking over it.
There is danger in their seeing us.
- danger money
危险工作津贴 extra pay for dangerous work
- danger of
危险 chance of suffering damage, loss, injury, etc.; risk
danger of sth/v-ing
The small craft was exposed to the danger of the open sea.
Chain smokers don't care about the dangers of smoking.
The rocks are a danger to shipping.
The doctor alerted me to the danger of not getting enough sleep.
He is sensible of the danger of his position.
- danger to
危害,威胁 a case or cause of danger
danger to sb/sth
The flood was a danger to the livelihood of the inhabitants there.
Tidal wave is a danger to navigation.
He is a danger to the public.
- in danger
在危险中,有…的危险 in the dangerous state
in danger of/from sth/v-ing
Her life was in danger.
In a moment Mr. Fison realized that he was in danger.
You are in danger of catching cold.
He is in danger of losing his job.
My friend is in danger of losing his life.
The building is in imminent danger of collapsing.
You are in no danger from cold if you take a cold bath every day.
Little did he know that he was in danger from his own family.
- on the danger list
病危 very ill and near to death
- out of danger
脱离危险 not in danger
- without danger
- avoid danger 避免危险
- brave danger 不顾危险,不怕危险
- dare danger 敢于承担风险
- escape danger 脱离危险,逃脱危险
- face danger 面临危险
- fight danger 和危险作斗争
- guard against danger 防止危险
- increase danger 增加危险
- put in danger 处于危险之中
- prevent danger 防止危险
- realize the danger 意识到危险
- recognize a danger 认识到危险
- remove the danger 消除危险
- run the danger 冒险
- sense the danger 意识到危险
- approaching danger 渐渐迫近的危险
- certain danger 某种危险
- future danger 未来的危险
- great danger 很大的危险
- immediate danger 直接威胁
- national danger 国难
- possible danger 可能出现的危险
- public danger 公众的危险
- real danger 真正的危险
- serious danger 严重的危险
- some danger 某种危险
Keep you..Out of the shot and danger of desire.出自：Hamlet , Shakespeare
- 泛指“危险”时, danger是不可数名词,指具体的“危险”或“危险物”“可能造成损伤、疼痛等的人”时,是可数名词。
- danger, hazard, peril, risk
- 这组词都有“危险”的意思。danger是普通用语,含义很广,泛指任何可能发生的伤害或不良后果,适用于一切危险,如受害的遭遇、受害、受伤或丧命的可能性等; risk也属常用词,与danger相比,一般指难以预料的危险,常作“风险”解; hazard是正式用语,也指难以预料又无法控制的危险,但远不如danger和risk使用广泛; peril也属正式用语,常指严重而紧急的危险,多见于文学作品中。例如:
- High flood waters put the town in danger.汹涌的河水使这个城市岌岌可危。
- In war a soldier's life is full of danger.在战争中,士兵的生命是充满危险的。
- He saved my life at the risk of losing his own.他冒着生命的危险拯救了我。
- You have to take a lot of risks in my job.你不得不为我的工作担许多风险。
- I will try it at all hazards.我要不顾一切地试试。
- There would have been no triumph in success, had there been no hazard of failure.要是没有失败的危险就不会有凯旋的欢乐。
- The city is in peril!该城危在旦夕!
- The ship was in imminent peril of being wrecked.那只船有立即撞沉的危险。
- in danger 处于危险中
- at danger 处于有危险的地方
- ☆ 13世纪中期进入英语，直接源自中古英语的daunger；最初源自古法语的dongier，意为权力，统治，不可一世。