- n. 危险；冒险
- vt. 冒险
- [U]极大危险 great danger or hazard
- [C]危险的事(或环境) sth that is very dangerous
a source of danger; a possibility of incurring loss or misfortune;
"drinking alcohol is a health hazard"
a state of danger involving risk
a venture undertaken without regard to possible loss or injury;
"he saw the rewards but not the risks of crime"
"there was a danger he would do the wrong thing"
pose a threat to; present a danger to;
"The pollution is endangering the crops"
put in a dangerous, disadvantageous, or difficult position
- These birds are able to survive the perils of the Arctic winter.
- The ship was in imminent peril of being wrecked.
- You had better not invest so much money at your peril.
- He made the experiment at his peril.
- Do you think I am going to peril my reputation for you?
- The refugees were in peril of death from hunger.
- Is the arms race the greatest peril now?
- at one's peril 自担风险
- in peril of 在危险中(在危急中)...
- maritime peril 海上危险
- peril clause 危险(点)条款...
- peril point clause 危险(点)条款...
- sea peril 海难
- at eh peril of 拼命
- peril point provision 危险点条款
- commercial multiple peril policy 商业综合保险单...
- at the peril of 拼命
- named peril 指定险
- peril insured against 承<所>保的风险...
- in peril 冒着危险
- fire peril 火灾危险
- yellow peril 黄祸
- Keep off at your peril! 走开点，否则危险自负...
- at someone's peril 由某人自担风险,自负...
In peril, as in battle or shipwreck, each man will save himself.出自： H. Belloc
The fish he had angled for had seen their peril and eluded it.出自： R. Macaulay
- peril, danger, hazard, risk
- 这组词都有“危险”的意思。danger是普通用语,含义很广,泛指任何可能发生的伤害或不良后果,适用于一切危险,如受害的遭遇、受害、受伤或丧命的可能性等; risk也属常用词,与danger相比,一般指难以预料的危险,常作“风险”解; hazard是正式用语,也指难以预料又无法控制的危险,但远不如danger和risk使用广泛; peril也属正式用语,常指严重而紧急的危险,多见于文学作品中。例如:
- High flood waters put the town in danger.汹涌的河水使这个城市岌岌可危。
- In war a soldier's life is full of danger.在战争中,士兵的生命是充满危险的。
- He saved my life at the risk of losing his own.他冒着生命的危险拯救了我。
- You have to take a lot of risks in my job.你不得不为我的工作担许多风险。
- I will try it at all hazards.我要不顾一切地试试。
- There would have been no triumph in success, had there been no hazard of failure.要是没有失败的危险就不会有凯旋的欢乐。
- The city is in peril!该城危在旦夕!
- The ship was in imminent peril of being wrecked.那只船有立即撞沉的危险。
- danger 【U】危险
- risk 危险
- hazard 危险
- jeopardy 危险
- threat 威胁
- harm 危害
- endangerment 危害
- liability 责任
- exposure 暴露
- endanger 危及
- menace 威胁
- queer 古怪的
- expose 揭露
- threaten 威胁
- jeopardise 使 ... 遭遇危险...
- imperil 使陷于危险中...
- riskiness 风险性
- jeopardize 危及
- scupper 排水口
- safety 安全