- 虽然,尽管 despite the fact that; although
- 然而,但是 all the same; but
"it might be unpleasant, though"
- Though we have tried our best, we lost the game.
- I don't know him well though I've known him for a long time.
- Though the task was difficult,they managed to accomplish it on time.
- They will probably win, though no one thinks so.
- He said he would come, he didn't, though.
- Our team lost. It was a good game though.
- I've a bit of headache. It's nothing much, though.
- Though he's fool,I like him nonetheless.
- It's quite pleasant today, though the wind is rather cool.
- Even though I were starving,I would not ask a favor of him.
- Exhausted though he was, he was not ashamed to learn.
- Lover of towns though is Paul, he realizes that he owes a debt to his early country life.
- He works very hard though still rather weak.
- Though tall, he is very weak in health.
As she had begun it, though, she had to end it.出自： M. Lavin
One of the great characters of the Corps. He hadn't much use for me though.出自： E. Waugh
- though引导让步状语从句时表示一种假设的情况或含有推测的意味,从句的谓语动词可用陈述式,也可用虚拟式; 有时为了强调让步的意义,可采用倒装语序。
He said he would come, he didn't, though.
He would not be unhappy though he should have to live alone.
He was not unhappy although he had to live alone.
Though he lives alone, but he is happy.
though引导的句子有时有特殊的格式。值得注意的是，句子 Though loving him, I cannot help him是不成立的，因为没有though I was loving这一说法。
Though he lives alone, he is happy.
- though, although
- 1.although的语气较重,引导的句子常指事实; though引导的句子可表示假设。
- 3.although只用作连词; 而though除用作连词外,还可用作副词。另外，though可用作并列连词，也可用作从属连词；而although只能用作从属连词。
- 4.though可用于even though, as though, what though等结构; 而although不能。
误 Though he is over eighty, but he seems still healthy.
正 Though he is over eighty, he seems still healthy.
正 He is over eighty, but he seems still healthy.
析 汉语“虽然…但是…”在英语中不能用though...but...来表示, though和but不可同时使用。
- ☆ 1200年左右进入英语，直接源自古英语的eah，意为可是，然而。