- 尽管,虽然 in spite of the fact that
- 但是,然而 but, however
- Although my uncle is old, he looks very strong and healthy.
- Although they can swim, the polar bears are terrestrial animals.
- Although she was poor, she was living in genteel poverty.
- No, this is not what we mean by framing, although the principle is the same.
- I did not know that then, although I learned it later.
- Although my car is very old, it still runs very well.
- Although he is rich, he is not happy.
- They are generous, although they are poor.
- I have a lot of my father's features, although I'm not so tall as he is.
- They are generous although they are poor.
- The price increase will obviously be unpopular, although it's unlikely to reduce demand.
- In any case, she was very loveable although not at all tidy.
- Although he was ill, yet〔still, nevertheless〕 he managed to look careful.
- Although admission was free, nevertheless few people attended the lecture.
- Although quite young, he knows a lot.
I think she's much better, don't yousalthough she won't admit it.出自： E. O
Although he giggled Dominic was shocked.出自： G. Ewart
- although不能与but在句中同时出现，即有了although就不可以再用but。但although可与副词yet连用而产生关联关系，在含让步状语从句的主句中还可以使用nevertheless, still等副词。
He said he would come, he didn't, though.
He would not be unhappy though he should have to live alone.
He was not unhappy although he had to live alone.
- although, though
- 1.although的语气较重,引导的句子常指事实; though引导的句子可表示假设。
- 3.although只用作连词; 而though除用作连词外,还可用作副词。另外，though可用作并列连词，也可用作从属连词；而although只能用作从属连词。
- 4.though可用于even though, as though, what though等结构; 而although不能。