- 不管到什么程度,无论如何 whatever degree
- 然而,可是,不过 in spite of this
- 不管怎样 in whatever way
- despite anything to the contrary (usually following a concession);
"although I'm a little afraid, however I'd like to try it"
"while we disliked each other, nevertheless we agreed"
"he was a stern yet fair master"
"granted that it is dangerous, all the same I still want to go"
- by contrast; on the other hand;
"the first part was easy; the second, however, took hours"
- to whatever degree or extent;
"The results, however general, are important"
"they have begun, however reluctantly, to acknowledge the legitimacy of some of the opposition's concerns"
- in whatever way or manner;
"Victory, however it was brought about, was sweet"
"however he did it, it was very clever"
- She felt ill. She went to work, however, and tried to concentrate.
- His first response was to say no. Later, however, he changed his mind.
- You won't move that stone, however strong you are.
- However sly a fox may be, it is no match for a good hunter.
I'll come however busy I am.
You won't be able to do it alone, however much you try.
She is helpless for the moment however bright a girl she is.
Later, however, he made up his mind to go.
However, we need not discuss that now.
The composition is all right, there is room for improvement, however.
However did you find it?
It's raining hard. However,I still want to go there.
But I am very much believable, however, you'll get him to come.
But however you do it, you will find it a difficult task.
However she had done it, she had alerted the busy Abbot.出自：M. Keane
However rich people,they always want more.
- however属于副词，与whatever不同，不可作动词的宾语。whatever可作代词，因此可作动词的宾语，如whatever she say；
how ever同how ... ever的用法：how ever是how的疑问句中的一种强调语气的格式，常见于口语中。how ... ever表示“曾经如何……”，两个词都有其本身的意思。
How ever can it have happened?
This should have been how they ever got on.
- however 通常引导一个让步状语从句,从句中的形容词或副词必须紧接其后。however多插在句中,有时也放在句首或句尾,但都应紧跟在进行对比的词或短语之后,用逗号将其与其他词分开。however是how的强调形式,通常含有惊讶、质问、气恼或感叹等意味。however可与but连用。
- however, but, how ever, no matter how
1.however是一个词, how ever是两个词,其中第二个词ever起加强语气的作用。2.however和no matter how的意思都是“不管…怎样”,但前者为书面语; 后者多用于口语。3.but和however用作连词时,都可以连接两个相反的观念和事物,但but所表示的是非常明显的对比,其连接部分必须是两个并列对等的成分; however是正式的用语,通常连接两个句子或作插入语用,是将后者和前者加以比较从而看出后者和前者意思相反。
- but however still yet nevertheless while whereas
错句：do what you think is right, however they say.
纠正：do what you think is right, whatever they say.
- however:however adv. 无论如何, 可是, 仍然, 究竟conj. 不管用何种方法, 然而, 可是…