- 不管到什么程度,无论如何 whatever degree
- 然而,可是,不过 in spite of this
- 不管怎样 in whatever way
despite anything to the contrary (usually following a concession);
"although I'm a little afraid, however I'd like to try it"
"while we disliked each other, nevertheless we agreed"
"he was a stern yet fair master"
"granted that it is dangerous, all the same I still want to go"
by contrast; on the other hand;
"the first part was easy; the second, however, took hours"
to whatever degree or extent;
"The results, however general, are important"
"they have begun, however reluctantly, to acknowledge the legitimacy of some of the opposition's concerns"
in whatever way or manner;
"Victory, however it was brought about, was sweet"
"however he did it, it was very clever"
- She felt ill. She went to work, however, and tried to concentrate.
- His first response was to say no. Later, however, he changed his mind.
- He will never succeed however hard he tries.
- You won't move that stone, however strong you are.
- However sly a fox may be, it is no match for a good hunter.
- I'll come however busy I am.
- You won't be able to do it alone, however much you try.
- She is helpless for the moment however bright a girl she is.
- Later, however, he made up his mind to go.
- However, we need not discuss that now.
- The composition is all right, there is room for improvement, however.
- However did you find it?
- It's raining hard. However,I still want to go there.
- But I am very much believable, however, you'll get him to come.
- But however you do it, you will find it a difficult task.
However she had done it, she had alerted the busy Abbot.出自： M. Keane
- however 通常引导一个让步状语从句,从句中的形容词或副词必须紧接其后。however多插在句中,有时也放在句首或句尾,但都应紧跟在进行对比的词或短语之后,用逗号将其与其他词分开。however是how的强调形式,通常含有惊讶、质问、气恼或感叹等意味。however可与but连用。
However rich people,they always want more.
- however属于副词，与whatever不同，不可作动词的宾语。whatever可作代词，因此可作动词的宾语，如whatever she say；
how ever同how ... ever的用法：how ever是how的疑问句中的一种强调语气的格式，常见于口语中。how ... ever表示“曾经如何……”，两个词都有其本身的意思。
How ever can it have happened?
This should have been how they ever got on.
- however, but, how ever, no matter how
- 1.however是一个词, how ever是两个词,其中第二个词ever起加强语气的作用。
- 2.however和no matter how的意思都是“不管…怎样”,但前者为书面语; 后者多用于口语。
- 3.but和however用作连词时,都可以连接两个相反的观念和事物,但but所表示的是非常明显的对比,其连接部分必须是两个并列对等的成分; however是正式的用语,通常连接两个句子或作插入语用,是将后者和前者加以比较从而看出后者和前者意思相反。