- n. 票；券；标签；罚单；候选人名单
- vt. 加标签于；售票；开罚单；检票，查验票证
- [C]票 written or printed piece of card or paper that gives the holder a certain right
- [S]标签 label attached to sth, giving details of its price, size, etc.
- [C]通知单,罚款单 official notice of an offence against traffic regulations
- [C]候选人名单 list of the candidates put forward by one party in an election
- [S]恰好的事,所需之物 the correct or desirable thing
- vt. 加标签于,给…贴标签 put a tag or label on
- vt. 对…发出违章通知单 give a ticket to sb
- vt. 规定…用于 … intend sth for a certain use or purpose
a commercial document showing that the holder is entitled to something (as to ride on public transportation or to enter a public entertainment)
a label written or printed on paper, cardboard, or plastic that is attached to something to indicate its owner, nature, price, etc.
a summons issued to an offender (especially to someone who violates a traffic regulation)
a list of candidates nominated by a political party to run for election to public offices
the appropriate or desirable thing;
"this car could be just the ticket for a small family"
issue a ticket or a fine to as a penalty;
"I was fined for parking on the wrong side of the street"
"Move your car or else you will be ticketed!"
provide with a ticket for passage or admission;
"Ticketed passengers can board now"
- Have you got your train ticket?
- No one is allowed to get his ticket out of turn.
- The money is raised by the sale of raffle ticket.
- The ticket tells you the price of this dress.
- I don't know the price of the dress; its ticket has fallen off.
- I got a traffic ticket for crossing a red light.
- They plumped for a third party ticket.
- All articles in the store are ticketed with the price.
- He bought a platform ticket at the ticket window.
- You can get it at that ticket booth or please pay one dollar fifty cents to the driver.
- The policeman ticketed the parked car.
- How much is a second-class return ticket?
- It's late, but it is still possible to get tickets nevertheless.
- We shall reserve three tickets for you, and you can pick them up a few minutes before the show.
- He has secured us three tickets for Beijing.
- Could you get me some tickets for tonight's show?
- You must present your ticket when picking up your laundry.
- Where're the tickets?
- Those film fans were waiting at the ticket window.
- The sales ticket says the coat is $500.
- The driver got a ticket for speeding.
- If you leave your car there you might get a parking ticket.
- He ran as Vice-president on the Republican ticket.
- She's very handsome and she's very finely dressed, only somehow she's not the ticket, you see.
- At home, we feel frustrated.But, if you go to Africa you have a ticket to opportunity when you return home.
- Enrollment in business and engineering classes is seen as ticket to high starting salaries.
- The policeman ticketed the parked car.
- Children under twelve cannot be ticketed unless accompanied by a parent or guardian.12
- The passenger is ticketed to San Francisco.
- He is ticketed as a zealous reformer.
- just〔that's〕 the ticket
〈口〉正好合适,理想的东西,需要的东西 that is the correct thing
- work one's ticket
获准在合同期满前解除工作 obtain one's release from a job before the contract of service has expired
- ticket for (v.+prep.)
因…而收到通知单; 指定为… receive a ticket for sth or doing sth; intend sth for a certain use or purpose
ticket sb/sth for sth/v-ing
She was ticketed for illegal parking.
These cars have been ticketed for sale abroad .
His car was ticketed for being a little over a white line.
- ticket with (v.+prep.)
用…贴标签 put a tag or label on sth with sth
ticket sth with sth
All articles in the store are ticketed with the price.
- accept a ticket 接受票据
- book a ticket 预订票
- buy a ticket 买票
- check a ticket 验票
- collect a ticket 收票
- examine a ticket 查票
- get a ticket 得到票
- get one's ticket 被罚款
- give a ticket to 给…票
- hold a ticket 持有票
- issue a ticket 开发票
- present a ticket 出示票
- return a ticket 退票
- sell ticket out 卖完票
- show a ticket 出示票
- split ticket 投异党候选人的票
- vote a ticket 投票
- five tickets 五张票
- full-fare ticket 全票
- half-fare ticket 半票
- monthly ticket 月票
- one-way ticket 〈美〉单程票
- round-trip ticket 〈美〉往返票
- single ticket 〈英〉单程车票
- straight ticket 只投同一政党所有候选人的选票
- thorough ticket 联票
- valid ticket 有效票
- admission ticket 入场券
- airplane ticket 飞机票
- communication ticket 〈美〉月票
- library ticket 借书证
- meal ticket 餐券,饭票
- movie ticket 电影票
- platform ticket 月台票
- railway ticket 火车票
- return ticket 〈英〉往返票
- season ticket 〈英〉季票,月票,长期票
- split ticket 分裂票(指投给不同党派候选人的票)
- theatre ticket 戏票
- train ticket 火车票
- winning ticket 得奖彩票
'I'll park here.., ' said Emil. 'They can give me a ticket if they like.'出自： S. Bellow
The penalty fixed for the traffic offence detailed on the ticket.出自： C. Dexter
- 在口语中, ticket还可作“恰好的事,所需之物”解,通常用作单数形式,并与定冠词the连用。
- ticket, label, mark
- 这组词都可表示“加上供识别用的标记”。它们的区别是：mark指在某物上加上记号、标记或痕迹; label指贴上或系上标明名称、性质、来源或地址等之类的标签; ticket指加上说明情况或价格等之类的小卡片。例如:
- He labelled the parcel before posting it.在邮寄前他在包裹上贴了标签。
- All the articles in the store are ticketed with the price.这个商店的所有物品都用标签明码标价。
- ☆ 直接源自中古法语的etiquet，意为纸币；最初源自古法语的estiquette，意为小的纸币。