- [C] 一套衣服 a set of clothes made of the same material, usually including a short coat〔jacket〕 with trousers or a skirt
- [C] 诉讼案件; 法律程序 case in a lawcourt; legal proceedings
- vt. 适合于 look attractive on (sb)
- vt. & vi. 对…方便,中…的意 be convenient for or acceptable to (sb)
- vt. 对…合适或有利 be right or beneficial for (sb/sth)
a set of garments (usually including a jacket and trousers or skirt) for outerwear all of the same fabric and color;
"they buried him in his best suit"
a comprehensive term for any proceeding in a court of law whereby an individual seeks a legal remedy;
"the family brought suit against the landlord"
(slang) a businessman dressed in a business suit;
"all the suits care about is the bottom line"
a man's courting of a woman; seeking the affections of a woman (usually with the hope of marriage);
"its was a brief and intense courtship"
a petition or appeal made to a person of superior status or rank
playing card in any of four sets of 13 cards in a pack; each set has its own symbol and color;
"a flush is five cards in the same suit"
"in bridge you must follow suit"
"what suit is trumps?"
be agreeable or acceptable to;
"This suits my needs"
be agreeable or acceptable;
"This time suits me"
accord or comport with;
"This kind of behavior does not suit a young woman!"
enhance the appearance of;
"Mourning becomes Electra"
"This behavior doesn't suit you!"
- It is the convention for men to wear suits on formal occasions.
- He was dressed in a quiet grey suit and looked very well bred and every inch a gentleman.
- She filed a suit against the college for sex discrimination.
- I do not know the first thing about the law suit.
- He discontinued a civil suit.
- The government granted the minority group's suit for autonomy.
- Under the new procedure there is no serious problem if the legal and equitable claims in the same suit are independent and unrelated.
- I don't know what profession would suit me.
- The coat doesn't suit you.
- If we met at 2, would that suit you?
- Manhood made the arrangement to suit herself economically most desirable from her point of view.
- The range of colour, pattern and texture is wide enough to suit every one's needs and taste.
- To suit specific requirements, you can add, delete, or even rearrange the order of the bricks in a firewall.
- That suit cost me over 60 pounds.
- Your new suit has a very good cut.
- The gray suit was well cut and well made.
- I'm just going home to clean up and put on a clean suit.
- He dressed in his best suit.
- He changed his overalls for a suit.
- He had not even bought himself a new suit since coming to Beijing.
- He always selected a tie when he chose his suit.
- I have to call for my suit before the store closes.
- I must have this suit cleaned.
- You'd better change into your new suit.
- He changed into another diving suit and went down.
- The new style in men's suits failed to catch on.
- The piece of cloth will cut up into three suits.
- The store owner charged off the last season's stock of suits.
- In the game of bridge, hearts and spades are the major suits.
- He won his suit.
- Ade brought a suit for damages against her.
- She filed a suit for divorce.
- The officer granted her suit.
- Will that time suit?
- These prices don't suit.
- Does this skirt suit me?
- That colour doesn't suit your complexion.
- Blue suits her very well,I think.
- If you want to go by train, that suits me fine.
- It's difficult to find a time that suits everybody.
- That arrangement will suit me quite well.
- I don't know what profession would suit me.
- The architecture of the house should suit the rugged landscape.
- Methods of management operation should also be changed to suit the needs of modernization.
- The changes did not suit his plans.
- This climate doesn't suit me.
- Very spicy food doesn't suit her stomach.
- It doesn't suit her to have her hair cut short.
- How would it suit me to be a bus-driver?
- It doesn't suit a woman to work on the night shift.
- follow suit
跟出同样花色的牌; 跟着做,照着做 act or behave in the way that sb else has just done
- suit oneself
随自己的意愿行事 do as one likes
- suit to (v.+prep.)
适合于…; 中(某人)意 have the right qualities to become sth such as a position or to please sb常用于 be ～ed 结构
- suit up (v.+adv.)
〈主美〉穿上制服 put on special clothing, as for work
When you've suited up, come into the machine room.
- suit with (v.+prep.)
与…协调〔相称〕 match sth well
suit with sth
Does the job suit with his experience?
The hours of work don't suit with his lifestyle.
- make a suit 制一套衣服
- order a suit 订一套衣服
- put on a suit 穿上西装
- take off a suit 脱掉西装
- try on a suit 试穿一套衣服
- bring a suit against sb 控告某人
- conduct a suit 起诉
- enter a suit 起诉
- file a suit 起诉
- gain a suit 胜诉
- institute a suit against sb 控告某人
- lose a suit 败诉
- press a suit 坚持诉讼
- win a suit 胜诉
- follow suit 跟牌,仿照前人的办法跟着做
- have a suit to 对…有所求
- press one's suit 强行求婚
- bathing suit 游泳衣
- business suit 〈美〉一套西装
- diving suit 潜水服
- dress suit 男式晚礼服
- flying suit 飞行服
- gym suit 运动服
- leisure suit 休闲装
- man's suit 一套男式衣服
- pants suit (上衣与裤子相配的)一种女子服装
- sailor suit 水手服
- ski suit 滑雪装
- space suit 宇航服
- sports suit 运动服
- tank suit (女人穿的)长浴衣
- two-piece suit 两件式套装
- union suit 连衫裤
- woman's suit 一套女式衣服
- damage suit 损害赔偿诉讼
- law suit 诉讼(案件)
- suit landscape 与景色相适合
- suit one's plans 适合某人的计划
- suit one's tastes 适合某人的喜好
- suit the needs of modernization 适应现代化的需要
- suit quite 非常适合
- suit well 完全适合
- suit admirably 极好地相配
- suit beautifully 极好地相配
- suit definitely 明确地相配
- suit exactly 恰当地相配
- suit logically 合乎逻辑地相配
- suit peculiarly 特别相配
- suit perfectly 完全适合
- suit precisely 恰好相配
- suit rationally 合理相配
- suit simply 简单地相配
- suit specifically 特有地相配
- suit superbly 极好地相配
- suit up 穿上制服
She was keen to file suit in the United States.出自： H. Evans
He's been an expert witness in..medical malpractice suits.出自： E. Segal
Only when everyone is suited up is the order given to tackle a disorderly crowd.出自：Daily Telegraph
- suit通常用作可数名词,基本意思是“一套衣服”,通常指用同一料子做成的男子的短上衣和裤子或女子的短上衣和裙子。也可指为进行某活动而准备的“套装”,此时常用于构成复合词如太空服(a spacesuit)。
- suit有时也可指组成一副纸牌的“四种花色的牌中的任何一种”,即黑桃、红桃、梅花或方块,常用于follow suit短语中表示“跟出同样花色的牌”,引申可表示“跟着做,照着做”,其中suit只能用单数形式。
- suit作名词指“套装”时，可用词组a suit of clothes表达“一套衣服”，一般含外套，背心和裤子，注意不可说a suit of cloth；
He is not suited to be a teacher.
- suit, clothes, clothing, coat, dress, overcoat
- He spent a lot of money on clothes when he was young.他年轻时花很多钱买衣服。
- People of different climates wear different clothing.生活在不同气候条件下的人衣着也不相同。
- This is a factory that makes children's clothing.这是一家童装厂。
- I've bought a coat for my daughter.我替女儿买了一件大衣。
- These coats are in the newest style.这些西装上衣都是最新款式的。
- She wore a long, white dress for the wedding.她穿着一件长长的白色结婚礼服。
- Men and boys wear overcoats in cold weather.天冷时，人们都穿大衣。
- My brother wore a new suit for the party.我哥哥穿一身新西服去参加晚会。
- suit, fit
- 1.fit在用于衣着、鞋帽等场合下的“适合”时,指的是大小、形状、宽松方面; 而suit则着重指颜色、款式、色调方面的合适。例如:
- That colour doesn't suit her.
- The suit fitted her nicely.
- I love you in that dress, it really suits you.我很喜欢你穿的这件衣服,它使你看上去很有吸引力。
误 She is not suited by the red cap.
正 The red cap does not suit her.
- ☆ 1300年左右进入英语，直接源自古法语的siwte，意为法庭出席，公司参与；最初源自盎格鲁法语的suitte，意为出席，跟随的行动。
- dress v.