- adv. 请（=plz）
- v. 使高兴；使满意；愿意；取悦
- 使喜欢， 使满意，使满足，使欢喜，讨...欢心，使中意
- 请 word that you say when you ask for sth politely
- vt. & vi. (使…)高兴,(使…)满意 make sb happy; give satisfaction
- vt. & vi. 想要,喜欢 want; like
used in polite request;
"please pay attention"
give pleasure to or be pleasing to;
"These colors please the senses"
"a pleasing sensation"
be the will of or have the will (to);
"he could do many things if he pleased"
"The waiters around her aim to please"
- Please come with me.
- Please call if you require assistance.
- Please fill in the arrival card.
- It is better to please a fool than to anger him.
- Those new ideas will never please the old guard.
- It's difficult to please everybody.
- I am not bound to please you with my service.
- Take as many as you please.
- I have a right to go where I please .
- And you can do the same thing if you please.
- He's very hard to please.
- “Shall I help you carry that load?” “Please.”
- A cup of tea, please.
- Can we go now, please?
- Will you please keep quiet!
- Is John there, please?
- Could you pass the butter, please?
- Please,I don't understand what I have to do!
- Please, sir,I don't understand!
- The aim of poetry is to please.
- Why is it that he is so anxious to please?
- He will come when he pleases.
- Take as many as you please.
- You can have wine, beer, fruit juice—whichever you please.
- That's no business of yours; I will do exactly as I please.
- He just does what he pleases and never thinks about anyone else.
- Gone are the days when they could do whatever they pleased.
- I'll take another cake, if you please.
- Come this way, if you please.
- He's broken my bicycle, and now, if you please, he wants me to get it mended so that he can use it again!
- That will please you.
- I am sure the news will please you.
- For some reason this pleased her, or seemed to.
- All he had seen and heard pleased him.
- What he said pleased all of us.
- His friend's luck pleased him more than his own.
- The lads' energy pleased him but their recklessness worried him.
- Sunshine and flowers please most people.
- It is difficult to please everybody.
- Which poet's works please you most?
- Most people decorate their private rooms to please their own sense of beauty.
- She likes the oil painting that pleases the eyes.
- All meat pleases not all mouths.
- I have been very much pleased by your analysis of the situation.
- I'm very pleased with what he has done.
- He wasn't at all pleased when he found out.
- She is easily pleased by flattery.
- I'm too pleased to stay here.
- He is only too pleased to help her.
- It pleased him to remain.
- May it please the court to show mercy.
- It pleases me that he should want to talk about his work.
- It pleased us greatly that you could accept our invitation.
- Will you please to come at once.
- Please mount the steps.
- Yes, please
我接受并且感谢 I accept and am grateful
That the main object of poetry is to please, seems to me too contemptible.出自： F. J. Furnivall
- please多用在祈使句中,可放在句首,也可放在句末,放在句末时, please前多有逗号。
- be pleased常用于表示主语的感觉或情绪,是系表结构。
- if you please有两个意思; 一是表示客气的请求,常用于小事,可用please代替; 二是用于反语,表达说话人奇怪、惊讶、愤怒等感情。接受服务时则可说“Yes, please”。
- 与一般too...to结构表示否定意义不同, be too pleased+to- v 不表示否定意义,而表示肯定意义。
- please, amuse, interest
- 这三个词的共同意思是“使人感兴趣”。其区别在于:interest意为“引起兴趣,使人感兴趣”,着重于“引起”; amuse意为“给…娱乐,消遣”,在被动句中,后面跟介词at, by, with引出的短语或动词不定式; please意为“使人满意,使人高兴”,在被动句中,多与介词about, by, with连用,不用于进行体。例如:
- He became very interested in science.他对科学变得感兴趣了。
- We were amused with the beautiful scenery.那美丽的风景使我们感到愉悦。
- I have been very much pleased by your analysis of the situation.我十分满意你对形势的分析。
误 Close the door please.
正 Close the door, please.
正 Please close the door.
析 祈使句里的please若放在句末,须用逗号与其他部分分开; 若放在句首则不用逗号。
误 He is pleasing his father by studying hard.
正 He pleases his father by studying hard.
误 It was clear his words was pleased with them.
正 It was clear his words pleased them.我们对结果感到高兴。
误 We are pleased the result.
正 We are pleased with the result.
析 please作及物动词,意思是“使…高兴”; be pleased with表示“对…感到高兴”。
- ☆ 14世纪初期进入英语，直接源自古法语的plaisir，意为取悦；最初源自拉丁语的placere，意为受欢迎的。
- pleasing adj. 令人喜爱的；使人愉快的;令人满意的