- 使喜欢， 使满意，使满足，使欢喜，讨...欢心，使中意
- 请 word that you say when you ask for sth politely
- vt. & vi. (使…)高兴,(使…)满意 make sb happy; give satisfaction
- vt. & vi. 想要,喜欢 want; like
- used in polite request;
"please pay attention"
- give pleasure to or be pleasing to;
"These colors please the senses"
"a pleasing sensation"
- be the will of or have the will (to);
"he could do many things if he pleased"
- give satisfaction;
"The waiters around her aim to please"
- Please come with me.
- Please call if you require assistance.
- It is better to please a fool than to anger him.
- Those new ideas will never please the old guard.
- It's difficult to please everybody.
- I am not bound to please you with my service.
- Take as many as you please.
- I have a right to go where I please .
- And you can do the same thing if you please.
- He's very hard to please.
“Shall I help you carry that load?” “Please.”
A cup of tea, please.
Can we go now, please?
Will you please keep quiet!
Is John there, please?
Could you pass the butter, please?
Please,I don't understand what I have to do!
Please, sir,I don't understand!
The aim of poetry is to please.
Why is it that he is so anxious to please?
He will come when he pleases.
Take as many as you please.
You can have wine, beer, fruit juice—whichever you please.
That's no business of yours; I will do exactly as I please.
He just does what he pleases and never thinks about anyone else.
Gone are the days when they could do whatever they pleased.
I'll take another cake, if you please.
Come this way, if you please.
He's broken my bicycle, and now, if you please, he wants me to get it mended so that he can use it again!
That will please you.
I am sure the news will please you.
For some reason this pleased her, or seemed to.
All he had seen and heard pleased him.
What he said pleased all of us.
His friend's luck pleased him more than his own.
The lads' energy pleased him but their recklessness worried him.
Sunshine and flowers please most people.
It is difficult to please everybody.
Which poet's works please you most?
Most people decorate their private rooms to please their own sense of beauty.
She likes the oil painting that pleases the eyes.
All meat pleases not all mouths.
I have been very much pleased by your analysis of the situation.
I'm very pleased with what he has done.
He wasn't at all pleased when he found out.
She is easily pleased by flattery.
I'm too pleased to stay here.
He is only too pleased to help her.
It pleased him to remain.
May it please the court to show mercy.
It pleases me that he should want to talk about his work.
It pleased us greatly that you could accept our invitation.
Will you please to come at once.
Please mount the steps.
- Yes, please
- 我接受并且感谢 I accept and am grateful
That the main object of poetry is to please, seems to me too contemptible.出自：F. J. Furnivall
- please多用在祈使句中,可放在句首,也可放在句末,放在句末时, please前多有逗号。
- 注意,当主动给人家东西或回答别人的感谢时,是不能使用please的,而应该用It is/was my/a pleasure。例如:“Thank you very much for the dinner.” “It was my pleasure.”“谢谢你请我吃晚饭。”“不用谢。”
- be pleased常用于表示主语的感觉或情绪,是系表结构。
- if you please有两个意思; 一是表示客气的请求,常用于小事,可用please代替; 二是用于反语,表达说话人奇怪、惊讶、愤怒等感情。接受服务时则可说“Yes, please”。
- 与一般too...to结构表示否定意义不同, be too pleased+to- v 不表示否定意义,而表示肯定意义。
- 接受服务时一般说Yes, please,也可说Yes, if you please,但后者太正规、太客气。注意,此时不可说Well,Good或Fine,也不可说Yes, thank you。如果不接受则可说No, thank you。
- please, amuse, interest
这三个词的共同意思是“使人感兴趣”。其区别在于:interest意为“引起兴趣,使人感兴趣”,着重于“引起”; amuse意为“给…娱乐,消遣”,在被动句中,后面跟介词at, by, with引出的短语或动词不定式; please意为“使人满意,使人高兴”,在被动句中,多与介词about, by, with连用,不用于进行体。例如:He became very interested in science.他对科学变得感兴趣了。We were amused with the beautiful scenery.那美丽的风景使我们感到愉悦。I have been very much pleased by your analysis of the situation.我十分满意你对形势的分析。
误 Close the door please.
正 Close the door, please.
正 Please close the door.
析 祈使句里的please若放在句末,须用逗号与其他部分分开; 若放在句首则不用逗号。
误 He is pleasing his father by studying hard.
正 He pleases his father by studying hard.
误 It was clear his words was pleased with them.
正 It was clear his words pleased them.
误 We are pleased the result.
正 We are pleased with the result.
析 please作及物动词,意思是“使…高兴”; be pleased with表示“对…感到高兴”。
- ☆ 14世纪初期进入英语，直接源自古法语的plaisir，意为取悦；最初源自拉丁语的plaecre，意为受欢迎的。
- pleasing adj. 令人喜爱的；使人愉快的;令人满意的
- please:please adj. 满足的vt. 请v. 使喜欢, 中...的意, 使满足, 取悦 英英解释:动词please:1. give pleasure to or be pleasing to同义词：d…