- 给...穿上外套， 给...穿上上衣
- [C]上衣,外套 long outer garment with sleeves, usually fastened at the front with buttons
- vt. 为某物涂抹 cover sb/sth with a layer of sth
- an outer garment that has sleeves and covers the body from shoulder down; worn outdoors
- a thin layer covering something;
"a second coat of paint"
- growth of hair or wool or fur covering the body of an animal
- put a coat on; cover the surface of; furnish with a surface;
"coat the cake with chocolate"
- cover or provide with a coat
- form a coat over;
"Dirt had coated her face"
- You may hang your coat on the hook.
- She was wearing a woolen coat, with a cotton blouse underneath.
- Jane bought a fur coat yesterday.
- One of the buttons has come off my coat.
- The wall needs a second coat of paint.
- Mountain goats have long shaggy coats.
- The bookshelves were coated with red paint.
- The table was coated in dust.
This sheepskin coat becomes him.
The coat fits.
My coat is too loose.
The coat wears well.
I would have been early enough, but I caught my coat on a nail just as I was leaving.
Get your coat on.
Many office workers wear a coat and a tie.
Without hesitation he cast off his coat and jumped into the water to save the drowning child.
They took off their padded coats and charged into the tunnel, armed with crowbars and dynamite.
Can you clean the coat of these dirty marks?
It's not the gay coat that makes the gentleman.
No man can make a good coat with bad cloth.
The dog's coat was shiny and healthy-looking.
The oil coated the cloth.
The sugar coated the pills.
Mud coated his new cloth, and he had to wash it.
The dust coated the desk.
The wall was coated.
He is very angry because his new car was coated.
Your tongue is coated.
- cut one's coat according to one's cloth
量体裁衣,量入为出 spend money or produce sth within the limits of what one can afford
We wanted to buy a bigger house than this but we had to cut our coat according to our cloth. 我们原想买比这个大些的房子,但是得量力而为呀。
We must cut our coat according to our cloth this year. 今年我们必须学会量入为出。
They've learnt how to cut their coat according to their cloth since they moved to the countryside. 自从搬到农村后,他们学会了如何量入为出。
My salary is not very large at the moment, so we must cut our coat according to our cloth. 我目前的薪水还不高,所以我们得量入为出。
Times are changed and we must, to use the homely metaphor, cut our coat according to our cloth. 时代变了,因此,用朴实的隐喻来讲,我们必须“适应环境”。
- 量体裁衣,量入为出 spend money or produce sth within the limits of what one can afford
- coat with (v.+prep.)
以(某物)包裹或覆盖(某物) cover (sth) with a layer of (sth) coat sth with sth
Coat the table-top with a thin layer of varnish.把桌面涂上了一层薄薄的亮漆。
She coated the biscuits with chocolate.她在饼干上涂了巧克力。
He coated his chairs with white paint.他在椅子上涂了一层白漆。
The wind coated the washing with dust.风给洗过的衣服盖上了一层尘土。
Thicken the soup until you can coat a spoon with it.把汤做得浓到能挂到汤匙上为止。用于 be ～ed 结构
The paper was coated with wax.这纸涂着蜡。
The wood was coated with special paint.木头涂上了一种特殊的油漆。
The car was coated with mud.车身上裹了一层泥。
He got coated from head to foot with slime.他弄得从头到脚都是泥。
I like these cookies that are coated with chocolate.我喜欢那些裹有巧克力的甜饼。
The plum is coated with sugar.梅子的外表被裹着糖。
The fields were thickly coated with ice.田地被厚冰所覆盖。
〖FK(〗其他〖FK)〗v -ed as Attrib.
These are biscuits coated with chocolate.这是一些外层有巧克力的饼干。
This is a bullet coated with a copper-zinc alloy.这是一颗包了一层铜锌合金的子弹。
- 以(某物)包裹或覆盖(某物) cover (sth) with a layer of (sth) coat sth with sth
- coat with 以…涂
- 用于主动结构时以涂抹物作主语,以涂抹对象作宾语,含义是“…涂抹在…上”。如表示“用…涂抹…”,则须使用coat sth with sth。
- coat, clothes, clothing, dress, overcoat, suit
这六个词的共同意思是“衣服”。其区别是：clothes是衣服的总称,含义较具体,指具体的“衣服”,可指上衣、下衣、外衣、内衣,也可指特定时间或情况下穿的衣服。例如:He spent a lot of money on clothes when he was young.他年轻时花很多钱买衣服。clothing也是衣服的总称,含义较抽象,泛指“衣着”这一概念,而且还包括鞋帽等,且有时clothing不一定与穿衣者有关,可与制造者或销售者有关。例如:People of different climates wear different clothing.生活在不同气候条件下的人衣着也不相同。This is a factory that makes children's clothing.这是一家童装厂。coat专指女式大衣或男式西装上衣。例如:I've bought a coat for my daughter.我替女儿买了一件大衣。These coats are in the newest style.这些西装上衣都是最新款式的。dress指外衣或特定场合的衣服,尤指妇女或儿童日常服装、连衣裙等。例如:She wore a long, white dress for the wedding.她穿着一件长长的白色结婚礼服。overcoat专指男大衣。例如:Men and boys wear overcoats in cold weather.天冷时，人们都穿大衣。suit则指一套衣服,尤指男西装。例如:My brother wore a new suit for the party.我哥哥穿一身新西服去参加晚会。
- clothes clothing coat dress garment robe gown uniform costume suit
- ☆ 1300年左右进入英语，直接源自古法语的ctoe，意为外套。
- coat:coat n. 外套, (动物的)皮毛, (植物的)表皮, (漆等的)层, 涂层vt. 涂上, 包上习惯用语black coat 牧师, 教士blue coat 穿蓝制服的(士兵, 水手, 警察等)c…