- [P]衣服,衣物 things like trousers, shirts and coats that you wear to cover your body
clothing in general;
"she was refined in her choice of apparel"
"he always bought his clothes at the same store"
"fastidious about his dress"
- She has good taste in clothes.
- It might be appropriate to wear traditional clothes on special occasions.
- I washed many clothes with my washer last night.
- Plain, simple clothes are appropriate for school wear.
- I always wash clothes on Sundays.
- I took off my shoes and all my clothes.
- He went off in his working clothes.
- These clothes are new.
- My clothes are cheap.
- There is no need to do anything. We are all right. But you have many clothes.
- A pair of clothes is displaying in the shop.
- This is a suit of clothes that he likes very much.
- Fine clothes make the man.
- She spent a lot of money on clothes.
- buy clothes 买衣服
- change clothes 换衣服
- fold clothes 折衣服
- launder clothes 洗熨衣服
- mend clothes 补衣服
- put on clothes 穿上衣服
- sell clothes 卖衣服
- sew clothes 缝衣服
- take off clothes 脱下衣服
- try on clothes 试衣服
- wash clothes 洗衣服
- wear clothes 穿着衣服
- clothes for misses and juniors 青少年穿的衣服
- clothes前可用my, your, his或the, these, those, a few, other, much, a great deal of, a good many修饰(谓语动词用复数),也可用a pair of clothes, a suit of clothes修饰(谓语动词用单数)，但不可用数词修饰。
- clothes, clothing, coat, dress, overcoat, suit
- He spent a lot of money on clothes when he was young.他年轻时花很多钱买衣服。
- People of different climates wear different clothing.生活在不同气候条件下的人衣着也不相同。
- This is a factory that makes children's clothing.这是一家童装厂。
- I've bought a coat for my daughter.我替女儿买了一件大衣。
- These coats are in the newest style.这些西装上衣都是最新款式的。
- She wore a long, white dress for the wedding.她穿着一件长长的白色结婚礼服。
- Men and boys wear overcoats in cold weather.天冷时，人们都穿大衣。
- My brother wore a new suit for the party.我哥哥穿一身新西服去参加晚会。
误 I often take two clothes with me when I go travelling.
正 I often take two sets of clothes with me when I go travelling.他的衣服沾满了泥巴。
误 His clothes was covered with mud.
正 His clothes were covered with mud.
析 clothes只用复数形式,不可与数词连用,与his, these连用时谓语动词须用复数形式。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的claas，意为衣服。