take the first step or steps in carrying out an action;
"We began working at dawn"
"Who will start?"
"Get working as soon as the sun rises!"
"The first tourists began to arrive in Cambodia"
"He began early in the day"
"Let's get down to work now"
lay out orderly or logically in a line or as if in a line;
"lay out the clothes"
"lay out the arguments"
"The family took off for Florida"
- Her work is always very well set out.
- She set out the reasons for her resignation in a long letter.
- She set out the pieces on the chess-board.
- We set out with enough provisions.
- He joyfully consented and we set out.
- They set out on the last stage of their journey.
- set out 规划
- depart，leave，go，start，quit，set out
- set out书面用词。