- 用头衔称呼，授头衔于， 授予...称号
- [C]题目,标题 a name given to a book, painting, play, etc.
- [C]称号,头衔 word used to show a person's rank, occupation, etc. or used in speaking to or about him
- [S]权益,权利 the lawful to ownership or possession
- [C]冠军 championship
- a heading that names a statute or legislative bill; may give a brief summary of the matters it deals with;
"Title 8 provided federal help for schools"
- the name of a work of art or literary composition etc.;
"he looked for books with the word `jazz' in the title"
"he refused to give titles to his paintings"
"I can never remember movie titles"
- a general or descriptive heading for a section of a written work;
"the novel had chapter titles"
- the status of being a champion;
"he held the title for two years"
- a legal document signed and sealed and delivered to effect a transfer of property and to show the legal right to possess it;
"he signed the deed"
"he kept the title to his car in the glove compartment"
- an identifying appellation signifying status or function: e.g. `Mr.' or `General';
"the professor didn't like his friends to use his formal title"
- an established or recognized right;
"a strong legal claim to the property"
"he had no documents confirming his title to his father's estate"
"he staked his claim"
- (usually plural) written material introduced into a movie or TV show to give credits or represent dialogue or explain an action;
"the titles go by faster than I can read"
- an appellation signifying nobility;
"`your majesty' is the appropriate title to use in addressing a king"
- an informal right to something;
"his claim on her attentions"
"his title to fame"
- give a title to
- designate by an identifying term;
"They styled their nation `The Confederate States'"
- What's the title of her new book?
- The title just won't come to mind.
- The emperor conferred a title on the brave soldier.
- Has he any title to this land?
The title of this play is Hamlet .
He gained the title of Combat Hero.
Has Britain the title to this island?
He managed to defend his title in the men's singles.
- adopt this title 采用这个篇名
- confer a title 授予称号
- earn the title of 赢得…的称号
- give up a title 放弃称号
- have〔hold〕 title to sth 对某物拥有所有权
- hold 〔lose〕 a title 保持〔失去〕冠军,保持〔失去〕头衔
- win a title 获得冠军
- graceful title 优美的标题
- suggestive title 有启发意义的标题
- well-chosen title 选得适当的篇名
- academic title 学术头衔
- official title 官衔,正式的称呼
L'Aveu..published in English, under the title 'the endless humiliation'.出自：M. Esslin
- title, heading, headline
这组词都有“标题”“名称”的意思。heading指文章的标题,也指辩论、谈话的论题,还可指印在信笺上端的姓名、公司名等的页首文字; title指书名、画题、剧目或其他创作作品的名称,或是表示头衔; headline指报刊的大字标题、页头标题。
- title, name
这两个词均可作“名”解。其区别是：name一般只用于人、动物或地方,表示一种名称; title指书本歌曲戏剧等的名字,或指人的头衔,表示他的职位、职业、阶级、荣誉等。例如:The title of painting is “A Winter Evening”.这幅画的名称是“一个冬天的傍晚”。Captain, doctor, professor are titles.船长、医生、教授都是头衔。
- ☆ 1300年左右英进入语，直接源自古法语的title；最初源自古拉丁语的titulus，意为雕刻。
- title:title n. 头衔, 名称, 标题, 冠军, 资格, 字幕, 权利, 扉页vt. 赋予头衔, 加标题于adj. 标题的, 用作书名的 英英解释:名词title:1. a heading that…