- 真实的,符合事实的 in accordance with fact or reality
- [A]实际的 actual, as opposed to what is thought or claimed
- 真正的,真货的,纯正的 real; not false
- 忠实的,忠诚的 faithful; loyal
- 逼真的,一模一样的 in accordance with an original or standard; proper, correct, or exact
- [A]典型的 having all the particular qualities typical of its class
- [P]正确的,准确的 correctly fitted, placed, or formed
- proper alignment; the property possessed by something that is in correct or proper alignment;
"out of true"
- consistent with fact or reality; not false;
"the story is true"
"it is undesirable to believe a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true"
"the true meaning of the statement"
- accurately placed or thrown;
"his aim was true"
"he was dead on target"
- devoted (sometimes fanatically) to a cause or concept or truth;
"true believers bonded together against all who disagreed with them"
- expressing or given to expressing the truth;
"a true statement"
"gave truthful testimony"
"a truthful person"
- conforming to definitive criteria;
"the horseshoe crab is not a true crab"
"Pythagoras was the first true mathematician"
- worthy of being depended on;
"a dependable worker"
"an honest working stiff"
"a reliable sourcSFLe of information"
"he was true to his word"
"I would be true for there are those who trust me"
- not pretended; sincerely felt or expressed;
"her interest in people was unfeigned"
- rightly so called;
"a spirit which true men have always admired"
"a true friend"
- determined with reference to the earth's axis rather than the magnetic poles;
"true north is geographic north"
- having a legally established claim;
"the legitimate heir"
"the true and lawful king"
- in tune; accurate in pitch;
"a true note"
- accurately fitted; level;
"the window frame isn't quite true"
- as acknowledged;
"true, she is the smartest in her class"
- make level, square, balanced, or concentric;
"true up the cylinder of an engine"
- She gave the true account of what had happened.
- On what grounds do you say that is true?
- We both thought that he had given a true judgement.
- She spoke truer than she knew.
- The arrow flew straight and true to its mark.
- Two of the pictures hanging on the wall are out of true.
- It is not easy to true up a frame.
This is a true report of what happened.
I didn't realize the true seriousness of the country's problems until I went there myself.
Her true motives only emerged later.
True gentleman is above envy, jealousy or vindictiveness.
True wealth does not consist in what we have but in what we are.
True friendship should last for ever.
The frog is not a true reptile.
He has been my true friend for many years.
I think the painter has produced a very true likeness.
The whale is a true mammal, even though it may look like a fish.
The story must be true,I read it in the newspaper.
This is much cheaper than that, it is true, but it is not half so strong.
You may not think much of my work; it is true, however, that I always do my best.
What you are saying may be true, but in this case it is completely beside the point.
If the door's not exactly true it won't close properly.
That may be true in a manner of speaking, but even so,I have my doubts.
What she says is true in a sense.
This news is strange, but it is true for all that.
His story was true to nature.
He promised to be always true to her.
They are true to their words and principles.
He is true to his name.
You have to admit that these sketches are true to life.
Besides the acting being true to life, the singing was splendid.
It would be truer to say that he was careless than that he was unkind.
It is true that the project involves a certain amount of risk, but I still think we should go ahead.
It is true that they lost the last battle, but they still went on fighting.
Is it true that he has left London?
- as true as a die
极忠诚,极可靠 faithful very much
The man professed to be as true as a die, we found afterwards that he was a well-known thief. 这个人自称非常诚实,后来我们发现他是个出名的窃贼。
- 极忠诚,极可靠 faithful very much
- as true as steel
极忠实,极可靠 faithful very much
Masson is one of my oldest friends and is as true as steel whatever happens. 马逊是我的老朋友,不论发生什么情况,他都绝对可靠。
- 极忠实,极可靠 faithful very much
- come true
实现,成真 happen just as was wished, expected, or dreamt
When I won all that money, it was as if all my dreams had come true. 当我赢得了那笔钱时,我的梦想似乎都成真了。
His words came true. 他的话应验了。
The age-long dream of the Chinese people has come true. 中国人民长期以来的梦想已经实现了。
- 实现,成真 happen just as was wished, expected, or dreamt
- out of true
未安正 not fitting or placing in its proper position
The wheel on your bicycle is out of true. 你自行车的一个轮子未安正。
Every time he passed a picture, he puts it straight if it's out of true. 每当图片经他传递,只要有不整齐的,他就将它理顺。
- 未安正 not fitting or placing in its proper position
- true colours
本来面目,本性 one's true character; what one is really like
Once he achieved power he showed his true colours. 他一掌权就露出了本来的面目。
The bandit came out in his true colours at last. 那个匪徒终于露出了真面目。
- 本来面目,本性 one's true character; what one is really like
- true to form〔type〕
一如往常,一如既往 behaving or acting just as one would expect
The little boy's actions ran true to form. He bothered his mother until she gave him his way. 那小男孩一如既往,一直吵到他母亲依他才肯罢休。
True to type, he arrived late. 跟往常一样,他来晚了。
- 一如往常,一如既往 behaving or acting just as one would expect
- true analysis 正确的分析
- true antique 真文物
- true colours 本来面目
- true feeling 真实感情
- true friend 忠实的朋友
- true friendship 真正的友谊
- true gentleman 真君子
- true judgement 正确的判断
- true love 真正的爱情
- true mammal 真正的哺乳动物
- true motive 真实动机
- true report 真实的报道
- true reptile 真正的爬行动物
- true seriousness 实际的严重性
- true story 真实的故事
- true wealth 真正的财富
- historically true 具有历史真实性的
- obviously true 显然是事实
- perfectly true 完全正确
- possibly true 可能真实
- quite true 相当真实
- undoubtedly true 千真万确
- unquestionably true 千真万确
- come true 成真,实现
Ye haue done as a trew subjet ought to do to his lorde.出自：Ld Berners
I will be true to my word.出自：Sir W. Scott
While most of the hard left writers..have softened..Bond remains resolutely true to the cause.出自：Plays International
Give him a hand with truing up a wheel.出自：J. Wyndham
True it up on a disc sander.出自：Woodworking
- true在句中可用作定语,也可用作表语。用作定语时,后可接抽象名词,也可接具体名词; 用作表语时,其后可接介词短语,也可接动词不定式或that从句。
- true后常接介词to,表示“对…忠实”; 接of,表示“符合于…,对…实用”。
- true还可用作副词,意思是“真实地; 准确地”。
- true, actual, positive, real
这组词都有“真正的”“真实的”意思。其区别是：1.real可用于有形的人或物,也可用于无形的事物; true和actual通常只用于无形的事。2.real可用作定语,也可用作表语; actual只用作定语。3.actual, real, true在表示“实际存在的”“真实的”“是一致的”时,可以互换使用。但actual强调实际存在的,现实的,而非理论上的,谣传的,假定的,尤指知识、财产、价值、状态或行为、经验。real强调真正的,而非假冒、伪造的,主要指实情、实例、实物。例如:Is your ring real gold?你的戒指是真金的吗?true强调真实的,而非妄言、虚伪的,常指爱情、故事、历史等。例如:True love should last for ever.真正的爱情应永远保持下去。positive强调确实的,而非尚未证实的,常指真理、证据等,例如:These fingerprints are positive proof that he used the gun.这些指纹是他用过这支枪的确实证据。
- accurate exact precise right true correct
误 I hope my dream will become true.
正 I hope my dream will come true.
析 表示“成为现实”时,要用come true,其中的come不可用become来代替。
误 She tried to unearth the true facts.
正 She tried to unearth the facts.
误 It is true for him to be angry with her.
正 It is true that he is angry with her.
析 true可以用于It is/was true that...句型,但不可以用于It is/was true for sb to...的句型。
误 He was true of his promise.
正 He was true to his promise.
析 表示“忠实”“信守”时,要用be true to,这里to是介词,后接名词,不可用of代替。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的triewe(西撒语克逊)，treowe(麦西亚语)，意为忠实的，可信赖的。
- true:基本情况 专 辑：True 歌 手：方力申 语 言：粤语 公 司：百代唱片 日期：2003.10.24 相关内容 世界之大 (大家乐 广告歌) - 方力申/邓健泓/李彩桦/Cookies【01】世…