being satisfactory or in satisfactory condition;
"an all-right movie"
"the passengers were shaken up but are all right"
"is everything all right?"
"things are okay"
"dinner and the movies had been fine"
"another minute I'd have been fine"
an expression of agreement normally occurring at the beginning of a sentence
without doubt (used to reinforce an assertion);
"it's expensive all right"
in a satisfactory or adequate manner;
"she'll do okay on her own"
"held up all right under pressure"
- I suppose everything is going on all right.
- Nearly all of them speak passably.
- Everything will be all right in the end.
- Dick seems to have had bad luck all week.
- All right if we sit on the bench?
- All right, I'll come at six o'clock tomorrow.
I got your letter all right.出自： E. FitzGerald
Boy, but it was hot all right.出自： M. Lowry
The Minister said up hereshe'll find us alright.出自： T. Stoppard