- [U]正义; 公正,合理 the quality of being just
- [U]法律制裁; 司法; 审判 the action or power of the law
- [C]法官 a judge in a law court
- the quality of being just or fair
- judgment involved in the determination of rights and the assignment of rewards and punishments
- a public official authorized to decide questions brought before a court of justice
- the United States federal department responsible for enforcing federal laws (including the enforcement of all civil rights legislation); created in 1870
- I won't dispute the justice of his remarks.
- Marriage is, first of all, a contract which must be governed by justice.
- British justice works on the premise that an accused person is innocent until he's proved guilty.
- The justice dismissed his evidence out of hand.
- The police must do all they can to bring criminals to justice.
He had justice on his side.
Children expect justice from their parents.
It is not altogether without justice.
Justice was met out to him.
He is a member of the Department of Justice.
The Chief Justice gave his judgement the week before.
- bring to justice
使归案受审arrest, try and sentence (a criminal) bring sb to justice
The police must do all they can to bring the criminals to justice.警方必须尽力把罪犯送交法庭审判。
- 使归案受审arrest, try and sentence (a criminal) bring sb to justice
- do justice to
公平对待treat in a fair or proper way
You should do justice to everyone. 你应当公平地对待所有的人。
尽量利用get the best results from
She cooked a delicious dinner, but we couldn't really do justice to it because we'd eaten too much already. 她做了一顿美味的饭菜,可我们实在是没法享用,因为我们早已吃得很饱了。
- 公平对待treat in a fair or proper way
- do oneself justice
发挥自己的能力behave in a way that is worthy of one's abilities
She didn't do herself justice in the exam. 那次考试中她没有充分发挥自己的水平。
- 发挥自己的能力behave in a way that is worthy of one's abilities
- justice of the peace 治安法官
I am glad that justice was done.出自：Observer
They should have cut my head off. That would have been justice.出自：P. Roth
Who could possibly defend the idea of someone being deprived of legal support to get justice.出自：Which?
- ☆ 直接源自拉丁语的jusitita，意为正义，公平。
- justice:justice n. 正义, 正当, 公平, 正确, 司法, 审判, 欣赏习惯用语bring sb. to justice 使某人受到法律制裁do justice to 公平对待, 说句公道话 (照片…