one of the strands twisted together to make yarn or rope or thread; often used in combination;
(usually in combinations) one of several layers of cloth or paper or wood as in plywood
give what is desired or needed, especially support, food or sustenance;
"The hostess provided lunch for all the guests"
apply oneself diligently;
"Ply one's trade"
travel a route regularly;
"Ships ply the waters near the coast"
join together as by twisting, weaving, or molding;
"ply an axe"
"ply your wits!"
- We usually buy two-ply toilet paper.
- It's used for single ply and much ply of big package yarn.
- Buses ply between the two cities.
- Ferryboats ply across the English Channel.
- This ship plies between London and Australia.
- I plied him with questions about his novel.
- The workers have no guarantee that they can continue to ply their skills.
- The muscles will ply the short wings with irresistible power.
- And don't ply foreigners with lots and lots of disparate questions.
- ply sb with sth 不断地提供, 不断提...
- ply glass 套料乳白玻璃...
- carcass ply 胎体帘布层
- two ply 两层的(双重的)...
- face ply 表层单板
- ply yarn 合股纱线,合股线...
- ply rolling 叠轧
- cushion ply 垫层
- buckled ply 皱层,折层
- ply twist 合股捻
- ply steel 复合钢,多层钢,覆层...
- extra ply 附加层
- bias ply 斜交帘布层
- casing ply 骨架层
- three-ply 三层的
- two-ply 两层的
- radial ply tyre [化] 子午线轮胎...
- -ply 股的
- cross-ply 有交叉帘布层的(轮胎...
- ply one's trade 从事某种手艺...
Ere half these Authors be read (which will soon be with plying hard).出自： Milton
I plied at Cicero and Demosthenes.出自：New Monthly Magazine