- [U]操作,运转,经营 the condition or process of working
- [C]手术 the cutting of the body in order to set right or remove a diseased part
- [C](军事)行动,活动 a planned, especially military movement
- [C]运算 a process used to get one mathematical expression or figure from others
the state of being in effect or being operative;
"that rule is no longer in operation"
a business especially one run on a large scale;
"a large-scale farming operation"
"a multinational operation"
"they paid taxes on every stage of the operation"
"they had to consolidate their operations"
a planned activity involving many people performing various actions;
"they organized a rescue operation"
"the biggest police operation in French history"
"running a restaurant is quite an operation"
"consolidate the companies various operations"
(computer science) data processing in which the result is completely specified by a rule (especially the processing that results from a single instruction);
"it can perform millions of operations per second"
activity by a military or naval force (as a maneuver or campaign);
"it was a joint operation of the navy and air force"
a medical procedure involving an incision with instruments; performed to repair damage or arrest disease in a living body;
"they will schedule the operation as soon as an operating room is available"
"he died while undergoing surgery"
a process or series of acts especially of a practical or mechanical nature involved in a particular form of work;
"the operations in building a house"
"certain machine tool operations"
process or manner of functioning or operating;
"the power of its engine determines its operation"
"the plane's operation in high winds"
"they compared the cooking performance of each oven"
"the jet's performance conformed to high standards"
(psychology) the performance of some composite cognitive activity; an operation that affects mental contents;
"the process of thinking"
"the cognitive operation of remembering"
(mathematics) calculation by mathematical methods;
"the problems at the end of the chapter demonstrated the mathematical processes involved in the derivation"
"they were learning the basic operations of arithmetic"
the activity of operating something (a machine or business etc.);
"her smooth operation of the vehicle gave us a surprisingly comfortable ride"
- The operation of this machine is simple.
- I am skillful with computer operation.
- We hope we will finalise the operation before the transfer window closes.
- He calls himself the managing director but his company is just a Mickey Mouse operation that he runs from his own house.
- Today, in order to meet the market competition, modes of business operation have undergone rapid change.
- Actually, the whole D-Day operation was just round the corner.
- Life by the great dream, learn and change, due to the successful operation!
- The gown a surgeon wears during an operation is usually green.
- The surgeon has performed the operation.
- Operation is conditional to the formulation.
- In an addition operation, a number or quantity added to the augend.
- The Department put into operation major reforms to the General Skilled Migration (GSM) programme with effect from 1 September 2007.
- They were also given the opportunity to do some operations.
- The difficult operation will exact all the doctor's skill.
- The operation unavoidably caused the patient much pain.
- The young nurse was very nervous when she assisted at her first operation.
- You'll be glad to get your operation over.
- It was not the operation, but the fever that followed, which finished him off.
- The patient is coming along well after the operation.
- Then he bent over the patient to start the operation.
- We must coordinate our operations with theirs.
- The operation caused serious concern to the Government.
- This will enhance our operation effectiveness.
- be in operation
实施中 carry out
- come into operation
生效 make sth such as a law to begin to come into effect
- put into operation
使处于某种状态 make sth be in a state of
put sth into operation
It's a wonderful scheme, and he's just the man to put it into operation.
The regulations have been put into operation on a trial basis.
- begin operations 开始军事演习
- bring a factory into operation 将工厂投入生产
- come into operation 开始生效
- conduct an operation 进行演习作战
- go into operation 开始工作,实施,生效
- have an operation 做过手术
- perform an operation 做手术,进行手术
- put into operation 实施,施行,投入生产
- put a law into operation 实施法律
- recover from an operation 手术后恢复健康
- arithmetical operations 算术运算
- combined operations 联合作战
- effective operation 有效的作用
- heavy operation 大手术
- large-scale operations 大规模作战
- major operation 大手术
- minor operation 小手术
- serious operation 重大的手术
- slight operation 微小的手术
- successful operation 成功的手术
- black market operations 黑市交易
- drilling operations 演习
- land operation 陆地战
- rescue operation 救援活动
- sting operation (秘密警察为逮捕罪犯而)精心设计的行动
- in operation 操作中,运转中,实施中,生效
- in full operation 全面实施
- plan of operations 作战计划
- theater of operations 战区
- out of operation 停止运转
The Starres whose operations make The fortunes and destinies of men.出自： C. Tourneur
The operation of the condenser pump is very simple.出自： R. Stuart
Psychological concepts..can seriously interfere with the operation of the parents' good sense.出自： B. Spock
- 美国人习惯用the operation of the school/theatre等表达方式，而英国人喜欢用conduct，management或running等词去代替operation；
- 当operation可表示为“外科手术”。后面常接on/upon和表示人或身体某部分的单词，如an operation (up)on me。也可接for和病名，例如an operation for the detachment of the retina（视网膜脱落手术）。
- operation, act, action, deed
- 1.act和action常可替换,但act多指短暂的、单一的、个人的、具体的行为,强调后果; 而action多指时间较长、过程较复杂的持续动作或行为,有时也指抽象的行动,强调过程。deed指比较复杂或业已完成的行为,多指伟大的、感人的行为; operation常指几个工作的组合。
- 2.act和deed是可数名词; action常用作可数名词,有时用作不可数名词; operation可用作可数名词或不可数名词。
- 3.act和operation是一般用词; action是较正式用词; deed是正式用词。
误 The child has got to do an operation.
误 The child has got to make an operation.
正 The child has got to have an operation.
正 The child has got to perform an operation.
析 “做手术”是have〔perform〕 an operation,不可以说do〔make〕 an operation。
- ☆ 14世纪晚期进入英语，直接源自古法语的flexus；最初源自古典拉丁语的flexus，意为一种工作，操作。