- [C][U]运动,锻炼 (a) use of any part of the body or mind so as to strengthen and improve it
- [C]练习,习题 a question or set of questions of
- [U]使用,应用 use or application
- [P]演习,操练 series of movements or operations for training troops, etc.
- vt. & vi. 锻炼,训练,练习 take exercise; go through exercises; train
- vt. 运用,行使 employ; make use of; carry out in action; perform
- the activity of exerting your muscles in various ways to keep fit;
"the doctor recommended regular exercise"
"he did some exercising"
"the physical exertion required by his work kept him fit"
- the act of using;
"he warned against the use of narcotic drugs"
"skilled in the utilization of computers"
- systematic training by multiple repetitions;
"practice makes perfect"
- a task performed or problem solved in order to develop skill or understanding;
"you must work the examples at the end of each chapter in the textbook"
- (usually plural) a ceremony that involves processions and speeches;
- put to use;
"exert one's power or influence"
- carry out or practice; as of jobs and professions;
- give a workout to;
"Some parents exercise their infants"
"My personal trainer works me hard"
"work one's muscles"
"this puzzle will exercise your mind"
- do physical exercise;
"She works out in the gym every day"
- learn by repetition;
"We drilled French verbs every day"
"Pianists practice scales"
- Exercise is good for your heart and lungs.
- Next I'd like you to do the exercises on page 10.
- She does her piano exercises in the afternoon.
- The pupil's exercise was full of erasures.
- Should I hand in my exercise book tomorrow?
- You should learn how to exercise self-control.
- You can exercise your right as a citizen.
- You should try to exercise patience.
- You should exercise more so as to keep energetic.
- He exercises in the morning every day.
Moderate exercise will benefit you.
A child's exercise and rest should balance each other.
He advises that she take more exercise.
I've disciplined myself to do two hours of exercise every day.
He believes in getting plenty of exercise.
His back strengthened with exercise.
The underweight child has begun to fill out after regular exercises.
We benefit from daily exercise.
The prisoners are allowed out for half an hour's exercise each day.
You've fattened out during the winter, you should take some exercises to lose weight.
Doing crosswords gives the mind some exercise.
Bring your running shoes along, and we'll get some exercise.
Check your exercises against the key after finishing them.
We don't remember the teacher assigning these exercises.
The teacher rubbed the exercises off.
It will save the student from wasting his time in exercises.
Let's go through the exercises.
The teacher set the class various exercises.
Skill comes by exercise.
Cage forgave her brother for tearing off a page from her exercise book.
The exercise of patience is essential in diplomatic negotiations.
His stories showed considerable exercise of the imagination.
Voting is the exercise of a civil right.
The soldiers were sent to the north for two weeks on an exercise.
He exercised and his health gradually improved.
You don't exercise enough.
We should constantly exercise our muscles.
He tried to exercise his stiff leg.
We should exercise our strength.
The mayor exercises the duties and powers of his office.
The problem is exercising our mind.
This problem exercised the best brains in the tourist industry.
He exercised his ingenuity to devise a time-saving method.
- be exercised about
为…担忧 worry about
I am very much exercised about the shortcomings of my son. 对于我儿子的缺点我深为担忧。
He is very much exercised about his health. 他很担心自己的健康。
He was exercised about the loss of time. 他为时间的浪费感到不安。
- 为…担忧 worry about
- exercise oneself in( v.+pron.+prep.)
训练〔练习〕… make oneself practise regularly exercise oneself in sth/v-ing
He exercises himself in fencing every day.他每天练习剑术。
He exercises himself in boxing once a week.他每星期练习一次拳击。
She exercises herself in drawing every day.她每天练习画画。用于 be ～ed 结构
All student teachers should be exercised in the new methods of reading instruction.所有实习教师都应该练习使用新阅读讲授法。
If the horses are exercised in jumping the fences every day, they will give no trouble in the actual race.如果每天让马练习跳横栏,这样这些横栏在实际赛马中就不会形成什么障碍了。
- 训练〔练习〕… make oneself practise regularly exercise oneself in sth/v-ing
- exercise over( v.+prep. )
控制 control exercise sth over sb/sth
Can't you exercise your influence over the boy to get him to behave better?难道你不能对这个孩子严加管教,让他规矩点吗?
Many people think that the government exercises too much power over people's ordinary activities.很多人认为政府对人们的日常生活限制太多。
- 控制 control exercise sth over sb/sth
- carry out an exercise 进行练习
- come by exercise 来自练习
- do exercises 做练习
- engage in exercise 从事体育训练,进行操练
- get exercise 进行运动
- go in for exercise 参加体育运动
- have an exercise 做练习
- need more exercise 需要多锻炼
- neglect one's exercise(s) 忽视练习
- perform an exercise 表演操
- practise vocal exercises 练声
- repeat an exercise 反复练习
- work at one's exercises 做练习
- bodily exercise 身体训练
- daily exercise 日常练习,日常锻炼
- free exercise 自由体操
- fruitful exercise 有功效的练习
- gymnastic exercises 体操
- hard exercise 刻苦练习
- mental exercise 智力训练
- military exercises 军事演习
- open-air exercises 户外运动
- painful exercise 苦练,艰苦的训练
- physical exercise 体育锻炼,体操
- pointless exercise 无针对性的练习,无意义的练习
- profitable exercise 有益的练习
- regular exercise 经常操练
- setting-up exercise 热身操
- vocal exercise 声乐练习
- closing exercises 结业式,闭幕式
- graduating exercises 毕业典礼
- opening exercises 开幕仪式
- broadcast exercises 广播操
- field exercise 野外练习
- flexibility exercise 柔软操
- floor exercise 自由体操
- morning exercises 晨操
- relaxation exercise 放松操
- setting-up exercises 健身操
- spelling exercise 拼写练习
- commencement exercises 学位授予典礼
- graduation exercises 毕业典礼
- by exercise 靠练习
- by the exercise of industry 依靠勤奋
- in the exercise of one's duties 在执行任务时
- a form of exercise 某种运动方式
- exercise in 在…方面的练习
- exercise in grammar 语法练习
- exercise in spelling 拼写练习
- exercise of local initiative 地方积极性的发挥
- exercise of the memory 记忆力的训练
- exercise on the piano 钢琴练习
- exercise authority 行使职权
- exercise brain 动脑筋
- exercise duty 履行责任
- exercise influence 施加影响
- exercise initiative 发挥主动性
- exercise intelligence 运用智慧
- exercise judicial power 行使司法权
- exercise mutual supervision 实行相互监督
- exercise one's muscles 锻炼肌肉
- exercise one's power 行使权力
- exercise one's special talents 发挥专长
- exercise pressure 施加压力
- exercise recruits 训练新兵
- exercise constantly 经常锻炼
- exercise enough 运动量够
- exercise greatly 极为忧伤
- exercise hard 刻苦锻炼
- exercise more 多运动
- exercise strenuously 刻苦锻炼
- exercise unremittingly 坚持不懈地锻炼
- exercise vigorously 刻苦锻炼
Reconstructed historically, often not without the exercise of considerable historical skill.出自：R. G. Collingwood
The exercise of the right of self-determination cannot be denied.出自：New York Times
He exercised great ingenuity in disguising old sets so that they looked new.出自：W. S. Maugham
Kerensky's final defeat exercised a highly divisive effect on Western opinion.出自：G. F. Kennan
Garrick and Kean exercise a spell on us.出自：R. Lynd
We take exercise every morning.
Walking is a good exercise.
- exercise作名词指“习题”时，后面跟in和科目名称，或on/in和科目的部分的名称，如an exercise in English grammar（英语语法习题），an exercise on/in the construction of conditional sentences（条件句结构的习题）；
- graduation/graduating exercises指“毕业典礼”，是美式英语，相当于英式英语中的ceremony；
- take exercise和exercise作不及物动词指“运动”或“体操”，而不是普通的练习。
- exercise作“练习,习题”解有时可用作定语; 作“使用,应用”解时,其结果常常是有效的; 作“演习,操练”解时常用复数。
They didn't attend to the graduation exer- cises yesterday.他们昨天没有参加毕业典礼。(AmE)He went to the church for religious exerc- ises.他到教堂去参加宗教仪式。(BrE,AmE)
- exercise作“练习”解时,其后常接“反身代词+in+ n./v -ing”,其主语既是动作的执行者,又是动作的承受者。
- exercise, practice
这两个词都有“练习”“训练”“锻炼”的意思。其区别是：exercise多指通过体力上的锻炼而获得力量或活力,也指学校作业练习; practice常指为了求得完善或达到熟练而有规则地、反复地做某事。例如:If you don't take more exercise, you will get fat.如果不多锻炼身体,你就会发胖。He is doing exercises in English.他在做英语练习。
- exercise, drill, practise, train
这组词都有“练习,操练”的意思。其区别是：drill指有组织、有指导地反复进行练习、操练,使形成条件反射或习惯。exercise指为发展智力或锻炼身体而进行的练习,例如:We should constantly exercise our muscles.我们应该经常锻炼肌肉。practise指为了达到熟练或完善的程度而反复进行的练习(尤指在艺术、手艺或技巧方面的实践与练习),例如:You should practise playing the piano regularly.你应该按时练习弹钢琴。train指针对某种目标而进行的训练,例如:Their early training programmes them to be obedient and submissive.他们早先受过的教育把他们训练得俯首帖耳、唯命是从。
误 I want to exercise throwing hand-grenades.
正 I want to exercise myself in throwing hand-grenades.
错句：if you want to enjoy good health, you should take an exercise every morning.
纠正：if you want to enjoy good health, you should take exercise every morning.
- ☆ 14世纪中期进入英语，直接源自古法语的exercice；最初源自拉丁语的exercitium：ex (离开） + arcere (分离，防止），意为取限消制。
- exercise:exercise n. 练习, 习题, 训练, 锻炼, 演习v. 训练, 锻炼vt. 行使, 使担扰 英英解释:名词exercise:1. the activity of exerting your…