- vt. 分给,分配 give especially as a share of sth
- vt. & vi. 发牌 give out (playing cards) to players in a game
- vt. 打击 strike (a blow)
- [C]〈美·非正〉协议,〈非正〉交易,安排 an agreement or arrangement
- [S]数量,程度 a quantity or degree, usually large
- [S]待遇 a particular type of treatment that is given or received
- [U]发牌 the process of giving out cards to players in a card game
- a particular instance of buying or selling;
"it was a package deal"
"I had no further trade with him"
"he's a master of the business deal"
- an agreement between parties (usually arrived at after discussion) fixing obligations of each;
"he made a bargain with the devil"
"he rose to prominence through a series of shady deals"
- (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent;
"a batch of letters"
"a deal of trouble"
"a lot of money"
"he made a mint on the stock market"
"see the rest of the winners in our huge passel of photos"
"it must have cost plenty"
"a slew of journalists"
"a wad of money"
- a plank of softwood (fir or pine board)
- wood that is easy to saw (from conifers such as pine or fir)
- the cards held in a card game by a given player at any given time;
"I didn't hold a good hand all evening"
"he kept trying to see my hand"
- the type of treatment received (especially as the result of an agreement);
"he got a good deal on his car"
- the act of distributing playing cards;
"the deal was passed around the table clockwise"
- the act of apportioning or distributing something;
"the captain was entrusted with the deal of provisions"
- act on verbally or in some form of artistic expression;
"This book deals with incest"
"The course covered all of Western Civilization"
"The new book treats the history of China"
- take into consideration for exemplifying purposes;
"Take the case of China"
"Consider the following case"
- take action with respect to (someone or something);
"How are we going to deal with this problem?"
"The teacher knew how to deal with these lazy students"
- come to terms with;
"We got by on just a gallon of gas"
"They made do on half a loaf of bread every day"
- administer or bestow, as in small portions;
"administer critical remarks to everyone present"
"dole out some money"
"shell out pocket money for the children"
"deal a blow to someone"
"the machine dispenses soft drinks"
- do business; offer for sale as for one's livelihood;
"She deals in gold"
"The brothers sell shoes"
- be in charge of, act on, or dispose of;
"I can deal with this crew of workers"
"This blender can't handle nuts"
"She managed her parents' affairs after they got too old"
- behave in a certain way towards others;
"He deals fairly with his employees"
- distribute cards to the players in a game;
- direct the course of; manage or control;
"You cannot conduct business like this"
- give out as one's portion or share
- give (a specific card) to a player;
"He dealt me the Queen of Spades"
- We did a deal with the management on overtime.
- After weeks of negotiating, they're finalizing the deal today.
- In addition to leaves, these animals eat a great deal of fruit.
- If the worst comes to the worst, we can always deal with it.
- The profits will be dealt out among the investors.
- The meeting will deal with these problems.
- We deal in hardware but not software.
Who will deal the money?
Who dealt the cards?
It's your turn to deal the cards.
The country threatened to deal elsewhere and pay cash on the barrel head, but it is not likely to move its opponent.
He is dealt at that shop for 20 years.20
The mother dealt the children the food.
The teacher deals the students several papers.
He dealt me three cards.
He dealt me a sudden blow on the chin.
His mother dealt him a severe scolding.
This battle dealt the enemy hard blows.
The new government has been dealt a great blow by the strike.
Their prestige has been dealt a heavy blow.
In bridge, each player is dealt thirteen cards.
He had been dealt four aces.
We dealt a deadly blow to the enemy.
He has dealt studying materials to us.
Pressed beyond the limits of forbearance, our army fought back resolutely and dealt telling blows to the enemy.
The Japanese Government had a secret deal with Germany during the Second World War.
The two companies made a deal.
He was trying to make a deal with them.
His unkind behaviour caused his parents a great deal of pain.
Tom's actions caused his parents a great deal of anxiety.
Monkeys and apes spend a great deal of time grooming one another's fur.
People with a great deal of personality often have admiring friends and bitter enemies.
The nurses did a great deal to keep my wound clean of infection.
He seemed to have suffered a great deal.
She is a great deal better today.
I owe a great deal to my parents.
It snowed a great deal last year.
He was a great deal interested in music.
Today computers are used a good deal.
This term Tom studies a great deal harder than last term.
They promised to give the nurses a better deal if they were elected.
Whose deal is it?
The next 2 deals will be interesting.
- deal at (v.+prep.)
买东西 be a customer of a business such as a shop deal at sth
They deal at Harridge's.他们在哈里奇商店买东西。
I've stopped dealing at that shop; their prices are too high.我已不在那家商店买东西,那里的价钱太贵。
- 买东西 be a customer of a business such as a shop deal at sth
- deal by (v.+prep.)
以某种态度对待某人 treat (sb) in a certain manner, as well or badly deal by sb
Mr. Cabe has always dealt fairly by me.凯布先生一直对我公平相待。用于 be ～ed 结构
She's been badly dealt by.她受到了虐待。
- 以某种态度对待某人 treat (sb) in a certain manner, as well or badly deal by sb
- deal in (v.+prep.)
买卖,经营 trade in; buy and sell deal in sth
He deals in furs.他经营皮货。
He deals in hardware.他做五金生意。
Our company deals in electronics.我们公司经销电子器件。
Our company deals in ball bearings.我们公司经营滚珠轴承。
His firm deals in the software of computer.他的公司经销计算机软件。
That shop deals in men's clothing.那家商店经营男式服装。
The greengrocer deals in all kinds of vegetables.这家菜店出售各种蔬菜。
This garage deals in machine oil, tyres and petrol.这家汽车修理厂经销机油、车胎和汽油。
Most foreign trading companies in West Africa deals in rubber, cocoa and vegetable oil.西非的大多数外贸公司经营橡胶、可可和植物油。
He deals in laser surgery.他从事激光外科手术的研究。
That woman deals in gossip and slander.那个女人经常搬弄是非和造谣中伤。用于 be ～ed 结构
The shares of that company have not been dealt in for some time.那家公司的股票有好些日子没有经营了。
- 买卖,经营 trade in; buy and sell deal in sth
- deal out (v.+adv.)
分发; 施与 give sth to several people deal sth ⇔ out (to sb)
I dealt out 3 pieces to each guest.我给每位客人发了3块。
The teacher dealt out books to the students.教师把书发给学生。
The hostess dealt out three pieces of ham to each guest.女主人给每位客人分了三片火腿。
She dealt out a bar of chocolate to each child.她分给每个孩子一块巧克力糖。
A judge must deal out justice to all men.法官必须对每个人都执法公正。
The children felt that the teacher had been unfair in dealing out the punishment to the whole class.孩子们觉得老师惩罚全班同学是不公平的。用于 be ～ed 结构
The money must be dealt out fairly.钱一定要公平分配。
The pears were dealt out fairly among the children.梨公平地分给了孩子们。
- 分发; 施与 give sth to several people deal sth ⇔ out (to sb)
- deal with (v.+prep.)
惠顾; 与…交易,和…做买卖 trade with; do business with
We deal with them. 我们和他们有生意往来。
We have dealt with that firm for many years. 我们与那家公司有多年的生意往来。
Manufacturers do not usually deal direct with members of the public. 厂商不直接和公众发生买卖关系。
We only deal with big and well-known firms. 我们只和那些大公司做生意。
They often dealt with that shop. 他们常到那家商店买东西。
The Greens deal with the butcher at the corner of the street. 格林家通常在街角处的肉铺子买肉。
应付,处理; 对待 take action about
The way to deal with a young fighter is to hit him hard in the first few minutes, so as to knock the stuffing out of him. 对付一个年轻拳击手的办法是在头几分钟里猛打他几拳,先杀杀他的锐气。
I'm impressed with her ability as a singer, but doubt if she will be able to deal with the difficulties of professional musicianship. 她的歌唱能力给我留下很好的印象,不过我怀疑她能不能应付职业歌唱家所遇到的种种困难。
The lifeguards must be trained to deal with any sort of emergency. 救生员一定要接受训练,学会应付各种紧急情况。
A decisive person is needed to deal with the situation. 我们需要一个果断的人来应付这个局面。
Being prepared, we shall be able to deal properly with all kinds of complicated situations. 有了准备,才能恰当地应付各种复杂的局面。
How shall we deal with this matter? 我们如何处理这件事?
She has a lot of correspondence to deal with. 她有大量信件要处理。
I can't deal with this problem; can you manage it? 这个问题我处理不了,你能处理吗?
I will deal with the problem now. 我现在就处理这个问题。
We should deal with every case on its merits. 我们处理各种情况都应根据其本身的条件。
You have dealt with the subject on the right lines, but your essay is lacking in detail. 你处理这一课题的原则是对的,但文章缺乏细节。
We must take a global view of the government's plans for dealing with unemployment. 我们必须从总体角度看待政府解决失业问题的计划。
The patient was difficult to manage, but the nurse dealt with him all right. 这个病人很难管理,但是护士把他护理得很好。
We must deal with the situation at once, before it gets out of hand. 我们必须在局势失去控制之前采取措施。
Your aunt deals very well with the wounded soldier. 你姑妈待这个伤员非常好。
You should deal with him more politely. 你应该待他更客气一些。
Deal with a man as he deals with you. 以其人之道,还治其人之身。
◇ 用于 be ～ed 结构
That matter has already been dealt with. 那件事业已处理。
论述,涉及 be concerned with; be about; give a speech on sth; discuss a problem
This book deals with life in the United States. 这本书谈的是美国的生活情况。
This book deals with England in the 19th century. 这本书写的是19世纪的英国。
The novel deals with the romantic episodes of her early life. 这本小说写的是她年轻时的浪漫故事。
There is no space to deal with such details in the article. 这篇文章没有篇幅来论述这样的细节。
It is a book dealing with reading, writing and speaking. 那是一本论述读、写、说的书。
This book deals with an important subject. 本书论述了一个重要问题。
If we want to reach an agreement before midnight, we must now descend to particulars; we've dealt with all the general points. 如果想要在午夜前达成一项协议,我们现在必须开始讨论细节,几个大问题我们已经谈过了。
Let me now deal more fully with the important question that was touched on earlier. 现在我来详细谈一谈前面已经提到的那个重要问题。
The literature dealing with the chrysanthemum is very extensive. 论述菊花的资料非常丰富。
◇ 用于 be ～ed 结构
The subject isn't very well dealt with in this book. 这本书里这问题讲得不太好。
Here the subject may be dealt with under four headings. 这个题目可以分4点来谈。
与(某人)来往,接触 have a relationship with sb
I like to deal with a polite clerk. 我喜欢找有礼貌的店员买东西。
You should deal with him more politely. 你应该待他客气些。
I don't know how to deal with him. 我不知道怎样与他相处。
That man is easy to deal with. 那个人容易相处。
He seemed to be quick-tempered,but was actually not difficult to deal with. 他似乎性子急躁,但实际上并不难相处。
We have to deal with people. 我们必须同各种各样的人打交道。
Our boss is diplomatic in dealing with people. 我们的老板在与人交往上很有手腕。
Why is she refusing to deal with our new neighbour? 她为何拒绝同我们的新邻居来往呢?
I should be very cautious in any dealing with that fellow, for however honest he appears to be, you can be sure he has something up his sleeve. 在和那家伙的来往中我必须十分小心,因为不管他看起来多诚实,可以肯定他留有后手。
惩罚 punish sb
I'll deal with that boy when he comes home! 等那小子回家后我再惩罚他!
If you don't listen,I'll deal with you hard. 你要是不听话,我不会轻易放过你的。
Law courts must deal with lawbreakers. 法院必须惩处违法的人。
◇ 用于 be ～ed 结构
All those who opposed us have now been dealt with. 所有那些反对我们的人都受到了惩罚。
He was deservedly dealt with. 他受到了应有的处分。
I consider he has been dealt with quite leniently. 我认为对他的处分很宽大。
- 惠顾; 与…交易,和…做买卖 trade with; do business with
- big deal
哼,可了不起呀 I'm totally unimpressed
So your father has bought a new car.Big deal!Mine has just bought an aeroplane! 原来你父亲买了一辆新车,这有什么了不起!我父亲则刚买了一架飞机呢!
So you became college president—big deal! 原来你当上了大学校长——哼,可了不起呀!
- 哼,可了不起呀 I'm totally unimpressed
- fair deal
有相当的数量; 高质量 quite a lot; a substantial amount〔quality〕
We've had a fair deal of snow already this winter, and it's still only December. 今年冬天雪已经下了不少了,而现在还只是12月份呢。
公平的交易 fair treatment in a bargain
We offer you a fair deal on furniture. 我们卖家具价格公道。
- 有相当的数量; 高质量 quite a lot; a substantial amount〔quality〕
- it's a deal
就这样定了 it is agreed
You'll pay me two thousand pounds for the car. 那么,就这样决定了?你要付我2000英镑的汽车钱。
- 就这样定了 it is agreed
- new deal
彻底改变 change completely
People had been on the job too long; a new deal was needed to get things out of the old habits. 人们干这项工作时间太长了,需要彻底改变一下以摆脱旧习惯。
- 彻底改变 change completely
- raw deal
不公正的待遇 unfair treatment
The soldier thought he'd been given a raw deal when assigned to guard duty for the third time running. 这个士兵认为,他连续3次被指派去执行警卫任务是不公正的。
- 不公正的待遇 unfair treatment
- square deal
公正的待遇 fair agreement
The workers were offered a square deal of a 40-hour week and guaranteed overtime. 工人们得到了每周40小时和保证支付加班费的公正待遇。
- 公正的待遇 fair agreement
- swing a deal
作一笔交易 make a deal
The boss said if we could swing this deal he'd give each of us a bonus. 老板答应如果我们做成这笔生意,他就给我们每人一份红利。
- 作一笔交易 make a deal
- deal ill 虐待
- deal well 优待
- deal badly 虐待
- deal deservedly 应受到
- deal effectively 有效地处理
- deal exclusively 专门经营
- deal exhaustively 详尽地论述
- deal fairly 公平地对待
- deal frankly 坦率地对待
- deal fully 详尽地论述
- deal generally 一般性地论述
- deal honestly 忠实地处理
- deal honorably 光明正大地处理
- deal justly 公正对待
- deal kindly 好心地对待
- deal promptly 立即处理
- deal properly 适当地处理
- deal publicly 公开发放
- deal rapidly 迅速处理
- deal realistically 用写实手法处理
- deal rightly 公正地处理
- deal severely 严厉地对待
- deal sternly 严肃地对待
- deal tactfully 巧妙地处理
- deal wisely 机智地应付
- deal out 分配,分给
- deal out books to the students 把书发给学生
- deal out justice 伸张正义
- deal a blow against sb 打击某人
- deal a blow at sb 打击某人
- deal at the shop 常在商店买东西
- deal in 经营,从事,参加
- deal in cotton goods 经营棉织品
- deal in foreign trade 从事对外贸易
- deal in furniture 经营家具
- deal in goods of all sorts 经营百货
- deal in gossip and slander 忙于搬弄是非和造谣中伤
- deal in rice 经营大米
- deal in stocks and shares 经营股票交易
- deal in tea 经营茶叶
- deal with 处理,对付,论述,研究,与…打交道,做买卖
- deal with a firm 与某公司有生意来往
- deal with a wholesaler 和批发商做生意
- deal with children 和孩子们谈他们的事
- deal with complaints 处理不满的意见
- deal with customers 跟顾客打交道
- deal with problem 处理问题
- deal with such details 讨论这种细枝末节
- deal with the problem of inflation 论述通货膨胀问题
- call the deal off 取消这笔生意
- carry on a deal 进行一笔交易
- close a deal with 跟…达成交易
- do a deal with 〈英〉跟…达成交易
- fix up a deal 达成交易
- make a deal with 〈美〉跟…达成交易
- make a big deal out of sth 把某事小题大做
- put the deal through 使成交
- strike a deal with 跟…达成交易
- a good〔great〕 deal 很多,相当多
- a vast deal 非常多
- dirty deal 肮脏交易
- fair deal 公平交易
- rough deal 不公平的交易,不公平的待遇
- square deal 公平交易,公平的待遇
- big deal 要人,重要事物
- New D- 新政
- business deal 商业往来,公事往来
A meate offering of three tenth deales of flowre.出自：Bible (AV): Numbers
The deal table where he wrote.出自：attrib.
Deals and counterdeals between Tammany and anti-Tammany Democrats.出自：H. F. Pringle
If you don't wish to meet my terms, the deal is off.出自：P. G. Wodehouse
It was kind of a Swiss Family Robinson deal down there.出自：J. Didion
This kyngdome of Northumberland was first deled in two prouynces.出自：Caxton
- a great deal与a good deal一个是表示很多，一个表示相当多，前者比后者语气更重一点；
- a great deal与a good deal都只能用来修饰不可数名词，不用来修饰可数名词。例：a great (good) deal of money，a great (good) deal of trouble。a great deal of laughter and kisses的表达方式也可以，因这里的kisses跟laughter用在一起，并不是数量的意思；
a great (good) deal可以用作状语短语。
I am a great (good) deal better today.
- a deal在口语里可以解释为a great deal。
- 在文学语言或古旧用法里, deal也可作“打击”解,常接双宾语。
- deal in的意思是“经营”, deal with的意思是“处理”“应付”或“论述”“涉及”。
- deal也可表示“数量,程度”,是单数名词,不用于复数形式,通常与a或an连用。a great〔good〕 deal (of)意思是“大量(的); 许多(的)”,在句中可用作定语或状语。
- a deal在含义上与a great〔good〕 deal相同,但前者仅限于口语中且不常用。例如:This is a deal better.这个好多了。We were a deal happier than them.我们比他们幸福多了。
- a great deal of不可接可数名词,但可同时接不可数名词和可数名词。例如:The success brought a great deal of laughter and kisses.这次成功带来了欢笑和亲吻。
- deal at, deal with
这两个短语都可作“与…打交道”解。其区别在于:deal with多用于与人或较大的商号打交道; 而deal at指与一小店铺打交道。例如:I have dealt with the firm for many years, but I have not dealt at this branch before.我和那家商号打交道已有多年,但不曾和它的这家分店有过往来。
- deal in, deal with
这两个短语都有“做生意”的意思。其区别在于:deal in表示经营的内容,而deal with表示经营的对象。另外, deal in还有“忙于”的意思,而deal with无此义。deal with还有“对付某人”“处理某事”的意思,而deal in无此义。
- deal with, dispose of, manage, transact, treat
这几个词(组)都有“处理”的意思。其区别是：manage指人凭借知识、才能和经验等将某行业、部门或某一方面事务处理好,它强调的是有技术地控制人或处理事,以期得到好的结果,含有“成功”之义; treat用于人时,含有以何种态度或方式对待之义,用于物时,专指用某种化学物质处理某物; transact是正式用语,主要用于商业、生意中的协商、谈判,以达成一致; deal with中的deal用作不及物动词,是普通用语,应用广泛,用于人时意为“交往,对待”,用于问题、困难等具体事物的时候,意为“处理,应付,论及”,含有亲自处理的意思; dispose of是正式用语,含有通过法律或正当途径对某事进行妥善处理之意。例如:He managed to get the work done with very little help.在没有多少帮助的情况下,他把工作完成了。He treated me as a child.他把我当小孩子看待。New timber should be treated with a preservative.新采的圆木应进行防腐处理。He transacted most of his business by phone.他大部分生意是通过电话处理的。I can't deal with this problem; can you manage it?这个问题我处理不了,你能处理吗?They empowered him to dispose of the farm's property and funds.他们授权他处理农场的财产和资金。
- deal, dispense, distribute, divide
这四个词的共同意思是“分配”。其区别在于:deal强调公平分配; dispense强调按需分配; distribute强调均衡分配; divide则强调人人有份。例如:The money must be dealt out fairly and justly.这笔钱必须公平分配。The new machine distributes seeds evenly and quickly.这台机器将种子又匀又快地播种下去。He dispensed money to the poor.他把钱分给穷人们。They divided the money among themselves.他们把那钱分了。
- deal with, do with, have done with
这组短语都有“处理”的意思。前两个短语的区别在于前者中的do是及物动词,有宾语; 后者中的deal是不及物动词,其后不能接宾语; 而have done with的意思是“不再做某事”“和…不往来”“把…做完”。
- a great deal, a great deal of
这两个短语含义和用法都不相同。前者是名词词组,在句中用作宾语时意为a great of things; 用作状语时修饰动词、形容词或副词的比较级,相当于very much。后者意为much,须接不可数名词,一起在句中作宾语或主语,作主语时其谓语动词用单数形式。
- a great deal of, a lot of, a number of, lots of, many, many a, much
这组词(组)都表示“许多”的意思。其区别在于:many是普通用语,其后只能接可数名词复数; many a是书面用语,后接单数可数名词,当修饰主语时谓语动词要用单数形式; much是普通用语,是对量和程度而言的,只能修饰不可数名词; a number of可用来修可数名词复数; a lot of和lots of既可接可数名词,也可接不可数名词,多用于肯定句。a great deal of后接不可数名词,谓语动词用单数,且常用于肯定句中。例如:Man and the ape have many things in common.人和猿有许多共同之处。Many a man comes or goes.一个又一个的人来来去去。A number of people came to the meeting from all over the world.来自世界各地的许多人参加了这次会议。A lot of friends are thinking of emigrating.许多朋友正在考虑移民国外。There are lots of antiques shops in Australia now.现在澳大利亚有许许多多的古玩店。She's earned a great deal of money in the last few weeks.在最近几个星期内,她挣了大量的钱。
误 He gave me a great deal of books.
正 He gave me a great number of books.
析 a great deal of表示“许多…”,只能修饰不可数名词。
错句：this shop deal with woollen goods.
纠正：this shop deal in woollen goods.
分析：混淆了deal in 与deal with的用法，deal in表示“经营”，或者“买卖”，后接商品，deal with表示“和……打交道，做生意”，“处理”，“对付”的意思。
- DEAL:Digital Energy Atlas Library图书馆数字化能量图谱
- DEAL:Department of English and Applied Linguistics (DLSU-Manila)英语语言学、应用语言学的(DLSU-Manila)
- DEAL:Dignity, Education, And Language尊严、教育、和语言
- deal:deal n. 交易, (政治上的)密约, 待遇, 份量, 买卖vi. 处理, 应付, 做生意vt. 分配, 分给(out), 发牌, 给予 英英解释:名词deal:1. a particular i…