- n. 工序；过程
- v. 加工；处理；起诉；列队前进
- 显影（胶卷）， 冲洗（胶卷），用照相版影印
- [C]过程,进程 series of actions or operations performed in order to do, make or achieve sth
- [C]工序,制作法 method, especially one used in industry to make sth
- [C]传票; 诉讼程序 a summons; the entire proceeding in a lawsuit
- vt. 加工,处理 put sth through an industrial or manufacturing process in order to change or treat
- vi. 列队行进 walk or move (as if) in procession
a particular course of action intended to achieve a result;
"the procedure of obtaining a driver's license"
"it was a process of trial and error"
(psychology) the performance of some composite cognitive activity; an operation that affects mental contents;
"the process of thinking"
"the cognitive operation of remembering"
a writ issued by authority of law; usually compels the defendant's attendance in a civil suit; failure to appear results in a default judgment against the defendant
a mental process that you are not directly aware of;
"the process of denial"
a natural prolongation or projection from a part of an organism either animal or plant;
"a bony process"
a sustained phenomenon or one marked by gradual changes through a series of states;
"events now in process"
"the process of calcification begins later for boys than for girls"
subject to a process or treatment, with the aim of readying for some purpose, improving, or remedying a condition;
"treat the water so it can be drunk"
"treat the lawn with chemicals"
"treat an oil spill"
deal with in a routine way;
"I'll handle that one"
"process a loan"
"process the applicants"
perform mathematical and logical operations on (data) according to programmed instructions in order to obtain the required information;
"The results of the elections were still being processed when he gave his acceptance speech"
institute legal proceedings against; file a suit against;
"He was warned that the district attorney would process him"
"She actioned the company for discrimination"
march in a procession;
"They processed into the dining room"
shape, form, or improve a material;
"work stone into tools"
"work the metal"
deliver a warrant or summons to someone;
"He was processed by the sheriff"
- Building a car is a long process.
- They went over every process again, but without result.
- Growth and decay are vital processes.
- Brazil began importing soybeans to process at home.
- The computer helps us to process reservation rapidly.
- Orders are starting to backlog faster than we can process them.
- The district attorney processed against the defaulting debtor.
- The visitors processed into the house.
- The bishops, priests and deacons processed into the cathedral.
- Adolescence is the process of going from childhood to maturity.
- They adopted a new process for making steel.
- The bridge is in the process of being built.
- The factory processes leather.
- The grain store processed flour wrappers for Chinese dumplings.
- The workers processed big work pieces with small lathes.
- How fast does the computer process the data?
- They warned that they would process him.
- The various steels produced are processed to meet the international standards.
- Grocery stores sell many foods that have been processed.
- He was processed through the security network before being allowed in.
- The plans are now being processed.
- The information is being processed.
- This kind of medicine is traditionally processed.
- process into (v.+prep.)
列队走进 to walk into a place in procession
process into sth
The bishops, priests and deacons processed into the cathedral.
The congregation processed into the church.
The visitors processed into the house.
- chemical process 化学加工
- latest process 最新工序
- lengthy process 很长的过程
- manufacturing process 加工工艺
- mental process 心理作用
- textile processes 纺织工艺
- process engineers 工程队员
- a process of construction〔evolution, meeting〕 建造〔进化,会议〕过程
- process the agricultural products 加工农产品
- process cheese 加工干酪
- process dairy products 加工乳制品
- process the data 处理数据
- process leather 加工皮革
- process a loan 办理贷款手续
- process medical herbs 加工药草
- process rubber 加工橡胶
- process tea leaves 加工茶叶
- process timber 加工木材
- process traditionally 用传统方法加工
- process into 列队走进
The process of government in Northern Ireland.出自：Guardian
In the process of writing a novel, she discussed every stage with him.出自： S. Hastings
Fresh vegetables..would be better than processed peas.出自： B. Pym
I can process a batch of E6 film almost immediately after shooting.出自：Photographer
11 or 12 weeks for a passport application to be processed.出自：Which?
- process前不加the的几种表达方式：in process of construction，in process of preparation，in process of completion，in process of time（日积月累地）；
in process of后可接动名词。
She was then in process of becoming a scientist.
- ☆ 14世纪初期进入英语，直接源自古法语的proces，意为旅行；最初源自拉丁语的processus，意为行进，前进。
- processor n. 加工、处理事物的人〔设备、产业〕;(计算机的)中央处理器