- (故事、电影等的)结局; (单词的)结尾 the end, especially of a story, film, play, or word
the end of a word (a suffix or inflectional ending or final morpheme);
"I don't like words that have -ism as an ending"
the act of ending something;
"the termination of the agreement"
the point in time at which something ends;
"the end of the year"
"the ending of warranty period"
event whose occurrence ends something;
"his death marked the ending of an era"
"when these final episodes are broadcast it will be the finish of the show"
the last section of a communication;
"in conclusion I want to say..."
- The story is flawed by a weak ending.
- Write your own ending dear reader.
- The writer contrived a happy ending.
- She got revved up by the tragic ending of the film.
- A good ending is better than a good beginning.
- The ending of the play is comic.
- Children like stories with happy endings.
- nerve endings 神经末梢
A fair ending crowned a troublous day.出自： W. Morris
- completion 完成
- finish 完成
- end 结束
- conclusion 结尾
- termination 终止
- finale 终曲
- culmination 顶点
- windup 终结
- wind-up 结局
- eventual 最终的
- terminal 末端
- suffix 后缀
- consummation 终结
- close 关
- closing 结束的
- beginning 开始