- (故事、电影等的)结局; (单词的)结尾 the end, especially of a story, film, play, or word
- the end of a word (a suffix or inflectional ending or final morpheme);
"I don't like words that have -ism as an ending"
- the act of ending something;
"the termination of the agreement"
- the point in time at which something ends;
"the end of the year"
"the ending of warranty period"
- event whose occurrence ends something;
"his death marked the ending of an era"
"when these final episodes are broadcast it will be the finish of the show"
- the last section of a communication;
"in conclusion I want to say..."
- The story is flawed by a weak ending.
- The writer contrived a happy ending.
- She got revved up by the tragic ending of the film.
A good ending is better than a good beginning.
The ending of the play is comic.
Children like stories with happy endings.
- nerve endings 神经末梢
A fair ending crowned a troublous day.出自：W. Morris
- ending:ending n. 结尾, 结局…