- Far Infra Red & Sub Telescope 远红外和亚毫米波望远镜，欧空天文卫星
- 第一(个人或事物) first person or thing mentioned or occurring
- 第一,最早,首先 before anything else; before the others
- 首次 for the first time
- 宁愿 more willingly
- [A]第一的; 最初的; 最早的; 最先的; 第一流的; 最重要的 coming before all others in time, order, importance, etc.
- 一点也不 not even one
- the first or highest in an ordering or series;
"He wanted to be the first"
- the first element in a countable series;
"the first of the month"
- the time at which something is supposed to begin;
"they got an early start"
"she knew from the get-go that he was the man for her"
- the fielding position of the player on a baseball team who is stationed at first of the bases in the infield (counting counterclockwise from home plate)
- an honours degree of the highest class
- the lowest forward gear ratio in the gear box of a motor vehicle; used to start a car moving
- preceding all others in time or space or degree;
"the first house on the right"
"the first day of spring"
"his first political race"
"her first baby"
"the first time"
"the first meetings of the new party"
"the first phase of his training"
- indicating the beginning unit in a series
- serving to set in motion;
"the magazine's inaugural issue"
"the initiative phase in the negotiations"
"an initiatory step toward a treaty"
"his first (or maiden) speech in Congress"
"the liner's maiden voyage"
- serving to begin;
"the beginning canto of the poem"
"the first verse"
- ranking above all others;
"was first in her class"
"the foremost figure among marine artists"
"the top graduate"
- highest in pitch or chief among parts or voices or instruments or orchestra sections;
"the first violin section"
"played first horn"
- before anything else;
"first we must consider the garter snake"
- the initial time;
"when Felix first saw a garter snake"
- before another in time, space, or importance;
"I was here first"
"let's do this job first"
- prominently forward;
"he put his best foot foremost"
- He was the first to be there.
- First of all she just smiled, then she started to laugh.
- No matter it is windy or rainy,he always comes first.
- What were your first impressions of Beijing?
- Speech is learnt in the first years of life.
- The first time I saw seals was in an aquarium.
- This is my first crack at cooking.
I'm the first in our village to go to university.
The first is better than the second.
This second event was contemporary with the first.
First, let me deal with the most important difficulty.
Modern music was first developed in Italy.
When we first lived here there were no buses.
All mothers fear for their children when they first leave home.
I'll never allow you to do that; I'll die first!
Do you know when the first artificial satellite of America was launched?
It was the first time I had ever been in a plane.
Freshmen have military training for a month from the beginning of the first term.
As for your hope of winning the first prize,I don't know about that.
He is the first actor of China.
It is of the first importance.
The first duty of the state is to ensure that law and order prevail.
He didn't feel glad for the first few days.
For tomorrow I want you to do the first six problems.
The two men over there are his two first cousins.
I haven't the first idea of what you mean.
She is first in her class.
- at first
起初,当初 at or in the beginning
At first, he was against our arrangement, but I managed to argue him round. 起初,他反对我们的安排,但我设法使他改变了看法。
- 起初,当初 at or in the beginning
- from the first
从头,从一开始 from the beginning
It was evident from the first that he never intended to carry out his promise. 他不打算履行诺言从一开始就是很明显的。
- 从头,从一开始 from the beginning
- first and foremost
首要的 more than anything else
He was a singer, but first and foremost a scholar. 他是个歌手,但他主要是一位学者。
- 首要的 more than anything else
- first and last
考虑到一切因素; 完全地 taking everything into account; completely
First and last, it is important to know oneself. 总而言之,人要有自知之明。
- 考虑到一切因素; 完全地 taking everything into account; completely
- first of all
首先before doing anything else
First of all,you should know what profession suits you. 首先,你该知道什么职业适合你。
- 首先before doing anything else
- first or last
迟早sooner or later
I know that this would happen, first or last. 我知道这事迟早会发生。
- 迟早sooner or later
- first aid 急救
- first importance 头等重要
- first light 天刚亮时
- first name 名字
- first person〔place, time〕 第一人称〔名,次〕
- first principles 基本原理
- stand first in the class 在班上名列第一
Each of the six first lines of the Iliad might lose two syllables.出自：S. Johnson
Mr Clare..whose first wife had died..married a second late in life.出自：T. Hardy
I thought of the first sheep I ever remember seeing.出自：Scott Fitzgerald
An April evening..the big trees in first leaf.出自：I. Murdoch
Memories from my first two years.出自：Day Lewis
For the first few years of his working life..he had had to work every second Saturday.出自：G. Gordon
- first of all, above all, in the first place
这两个短语都有“首先”的意思。其区别是：above all指重要性上的“首先”，即“最重要的”“特别是”；而first of all指事物排列顺序上的首先，即“第一”。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的fyrst（fore的最高级），意为最初的，最前面的；最初源自原始日耳曼语的ufristo（ufr-和for-的最高级）。
- FIRST:Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams事件响应和安全小组论坛
- FIRST:Far Infra Red & Sub Telescope远红外和亚毫米波望远镜
- FIRST:Fraunhofer-Institut fÜr Rechnerarchitektur Und Softwaretechnik (German: Institute for Computer Systems and Software Technology)Fraunhofer-Institut毛皮Rechnerarchitektur和Softwaretechnik(德国研究所计算机系统和软件技术)
- first:first adv. 首先, 最初, 第一(列举条目等用), 优先adj. 第一的num. 第一(个)n. 开始, 第一, (比赛)冠军习惯用语at first 首先, 最初be the first…