- [C]歌剧 a musical play in which many or all of the works are sung
- [U]歌剧艺术,歌剧业 such musical plays form of art, a business, etc.
a drama set to music; consists of singing with orchestral accompaniment and an orchestral overture and interludes
a commercial browser
a building where musical dramas are performed
- Have you heard the opera sung in French?
- Opera houses were packed out whenever she was singing.
- That opera singer has good lungs.
- The opera was quite stupendous.
- They planned to go to the opera this Sunday.
- An opera is a play set to music.
- I'm fond of opera.
- opera house 歌剧院