- [U]听力,听觉 the sense by which one hears sound
- [U]听力所及的距离 the distance at which one can hear
- [C]听证会,申辩〔发言〕的机会 a chance to be heard explaining one's position
(law) a proceeding (usually by a court) where evidence is taken for the purpose of determining an issue of fact and reaching a decision based on that evidence
an opportunity to state your case and be heard;
"they condemned him without a hearing"
"he saw that he had lost his audience"
the range within which a voice can be heard;
"the children were told to stay within earshot"
the act of hearing attentively;
"you can learn a lot by just listening"
"they make good music--you should give them a hearing"
a session (of a committee or grand jury) in which witnesses are called and testimony is taken;
"the investigative committee will hold hearings in Chicago"
the ability to hear; the auditory faculty;
"his hearing was impaired"
able to perceive sound
- He has a good faculty of hearing.
- His hearing was impaired after the explosion.
- Loud noise would impair your hearing.
- Vision and hearing are exteroceptive senses.
- You knew the hearing was set down for today.
- We received unfair treatment during our hearing.
- The financial committee had a hearing yesterday.
- We are all ready for the court hearing.
- His hearing is very bad.
- Now they are out of hearing.
- The judge gave both sides a hearing.
- He got a fair hearing.
Mr Betts was left with impaired sight and hearing.出自：Daily Telegraph
- earshot 听力所及之范围...
- inquiry 调查
- investigation 调查
- hearing 听力
- listening 收听
- audition 听
- audience 听众
- range 范围
- reach 到达
- trial 审讯
- ear 听觉
- examination 考查
- consideration 考虑
- inquisition 调查
- questioning 质问
- interrogation 审问
- interview 面谈
- inquest (死因)审讯
- review 复习
- hearing distance 听闻距离
- distance 距离
- earreach 听力所及之范围...
- sense of hearing 听觉
- auditory sense 听觉
- deaf 聋的