- 审判，审问，审讯 ，审理
- 艰苦， 努力
- [U][C]审判,审理 (an act of) hearing and judging a person, case, or point of law in a court
- [C][U]测试,试验,考验 (act or process of) testing the ability, quality, performance, etc. of sb/sth
- [C]讨厌的人〔事物〕,忧虑〔麻烦〕的原因 an annoying thing or person; cause of worry or trouble
- the act of testing something;
"in the experimental trials the amount of carbon was measured separately"
"he called each flip of the coin a new trial"
- trying something to find out about it;
"a sample for ten days free trial"
"a trial of progesterone failed to relieve the pain"
- the act of undergoing testing;
"he survived the great test of battle"
"candidates must compete in a trial of skill"
- (law) the determination of a person's innocence or guilt by due process of law;
"he had a fair trial and the jury found him guilty"
"most of these complaints are settled before they go to trial"
- (sports) a preliminary competition to determine qualifications;
"the trials for the semifinals began yesterday"
- an annoying or frustrating or catastrophic event;
"his mother-in-law's visits were a great trial for him"
"life is full of tribulations"
"a visitation of the plague"
- He went through hell during the trial.
- The flier is flying a new-type jet plane on trial.
- She agreed to employ me for a trial period.
- Trial and error is the source of our knowledge.
- They succeeded in the experiment on the fifteenth trial.
- His blindness is a great trial to him.
- The child was a trial to his parents.
He's standing trial for thieving.
The case is now under trial.
We shall put the machine to further trial.
We'll make a trial of his intelligence.
They are doing clinical trials on a new drug.
The recorder next door is a great trial to us.
That child is a trial to his parents.
The loss of relatives is among the most frequent trials in life.
- on trial
He is on trial for murder. 他因谋杀而受审。
在试验〔测试〕中being examined and tested
He is employed for two weeks on trial. 他被雇来试用两周。
- 受审being judged
- trial and error
反复试验,从失败中找到解决办法process of solving a problem by trying various solutions and learning from one's failures
They didn't know how to put in a central heating system, but they managed it by trial and error. 他们不知道怎样安装集中供暖设备,但是经过反复试验终于安装好了。
- 反复试验,从失败中找到解决办法process of solving a problem by trying various solutions and learning from one's failures
- bring sb to〔up for〕 trial 将某人送法院审理
- conduct trials with 用…试验
- face a trial 受审
- go on〔stand, undergo〕 trial for 因…而受审
- bitter trial 痛苦的考验
- criminal trial 刑事审判
- fair〔unfair〕 trial 公正〔不公正〕的审判
- open〔public〕 trial 公审
- the first〔a new〕 trial 初〔复〕审
He was brought to trial..Theramenes..became his accuser.出自：C. Thirlwall
Murray's going to stand trial charged with murder one.出自：H. Howard
错句：the process has been trailed by several police forces.
纠正：the process has been tested out by several police forces.
- ☆ 1436年进英入语，直接源自盎格鲁法语的trial，意为尝试。
- trial:trial n. 试验, 考验, 审讯, 审判Google提供的广告习惯用语bring to trial 审判某人 审理(案件等)give a fair trial 给予公正的、合法的审判give a…