- n. 考查；考试；审讯；检查
- [C][U]检查,调查 action of examining; being examined
- [C]考试 testing of knowledge or ability by means of questions, practical exercises, etc.
- [C][U]讯问 questioning by a lawyer in a low count
the act of examining something closely (as for mistakes)
a set of questions or exercises evaluating skill or knowledge;
"when the test was stolen the professor had to make a new set of questions"
formal systematic questioning
a detailed inspection of your conscience (as done daily by Jesuits)
the act of giving students or candidates a test (as by questions) to determine what they know or have learned
- The issue needs further examination.
- None of these explanations can stand up under close examination.
- I have no other wish except to pass the examination.
- The examination of all the witness lasted two hours.
- The doctor gave him a careful examination.
- Close examination revealed a crack in the vase.
- On further examination it was found that the signature was not genuine.
- His position doesn't stand up to detailed examination.
- She made a thorough examination of the door.
- Don't relax your efforts because the examinations are over.
- I dread the examination.
- You'd better bring your English up to scratch before you take the examination.
- My parents will be disappointed with me if I fail the examination.
- I can't come down till I've finished my last examinations.
- He passed his examinations with success.
- The date of the examination will be announced to all schools later in the year.
- Then came the day of his examination.
- The examination in mathematics is very difficult.
- You must revise for the examination.
- Her wedding clashed with my examination, so I couldn't go.
- At the examination he made several glaring blunders, and that did for him.
- She is revising her notes for the examinations.
- He did not attempt the last question in the examination.
- Just run over your notes before the examination.
- You have to pass the required examinations to become a driver.
- You have to pass the professional examination to be admitted to the society.
- He answered the examination paper quite well.
- Please distribute the examination papers round the class.
- I shan't be able to breathe again until the examination results are received.
- After further examination by the prosecution the witness was allowed to leave the court.
- His statement won't bear the lawyer's examinations.
- under examination
在检〔审〕查中 being examined
- administer an examination 进行考试
- allow an examination 允许检查
- arrange an examination 安排检查
- attend an examination 参加考试
- bear examination 经受检查
- carry out an examination 进行检查
- cheat at the examination 考试作弊
- cheat during the examination 考试作弊
- cheat in an examination 考试作弊
- cheat on the examination 考试作弊
- conduct an examination 举行考试
- cross an examination 盘问
- do an examination 进行检查
- do an examination 参加考试
- draw up an examination 拟订试题
- dread examination 害怕考试
- enter for an examination 参加考试
- fail in an examination 考试不及格
- fail the examination 考试不及格
- get through an examination 考试及格
- give an examination 给予考试
- have an examination 考试
- hold an examination 举行考试
- make an examination 进行检查
- make out examinations 出考题
- make up an examination 拟订试题
- monitor an examination 监考
- pass an examination 考试及格
- require the examination 要求检查
- revise for the examination 复习迎考
- set examinations 出考题
- sit for an examination 参加考试
- take an examination 参加考试
- careful examination 仔细的检查
- close examination 严密的审查
- coming examination 即将到来的检查
- complete examination 仔细的检查
- further examination 进一步的检查
- medical examination 体格检查
- physical examination 体格检查
- searching examination 彻底的审查
- technical examination 技术性的检查
- thorough examination 彻底的审查
- difficult examination 难答的试题
- easy examination 容易的考试
- final examination 期末考试
- oral examination 口试
- written examination 笔试
- bar examination 律师考试
- end-of-term examination 期末考试
- English examination 英语考试
- entrance examination 入学考试
- health examination 健康检查
- history examination 历史课考试
- master's examination 硕士学位考试
- by examination 通过考试
- marks in examination 考试分数
- result in examination 考试成绩
- on examination 在检查时,根据检查(结果)
- under examination 在检查中,在审查中
- put sb under examination 审查某人
- without examination 免试
- examination in, examination on
- examination, exam, quiz, test
- 这组词的共同意思是“考试”,它们也有细微差别:examination通常指正式考试,如期终考试、入学考试等; exam是examination的缩写式,常用于学生口语中; test指小考或考查; quiz指课堂上进行的非正式测验。例如:
- They are guessing when the exam will take place.他们在猜测什么时间考试。
- John dwelt on his mistake long after the test was over.测验结束后很久,约翰还在凝思他的错误。
- Mr. Smith gave us a five-minute quiz.史密斯先生对我们进行了五分钟的测验。
- examination, research
- You may conduct your research for the term paper in the library.你可以在图书馆里为写学期论文进行研究工作。
- It will be found upon examination that someone must have made a mistake.一经调查,便会发现有人犯了错误。
误 I'll take part in the final examination at the end of the month.
正 I'll sit for the final examination at the end of the month.
正 I'll take the final examination at the end of the month.
析 参加考试一般不说take part in an examination,而通常说sit for〔take〕 an examination。
- ☆ 14世纪晚期进入英语，直接源自古法语的examinacion，意为司法问询，检查。
- scrutiny 监视
- test 考验
- inspection 视察
- exam 考试
- investigation 调查
- checkup 审查
- analysis 分析
- study 研究
- assessment 评价
- consideration 考虑
- interrogation 审问
- check 检查
- going-over 严格的检查
- probe 调查
- scrutinization 细察
- paper 纸
- inquisition 调查
- question paper 试卷
- survey 问卷
- cross-examination 盘问
- canvass 游说
- cross-questioning cross-questi...
- research 研究
- review 复习
- sifting 筛
- audit 审计
- quiz 恶作剧
- questionnaire 调查表
- inquiry 调查
- speculation 推测
- criticism 批评
- reconnaissance 侦察
- audience 听众
- proof 证明
- testing 测试
- examen 每日的反省
- interrogatory 疑问的