status with respect to the relations between people or groups;
"on good terms with her in-laws"
"on a friendly footing"
a relation that provides the foundation for something;
"they were on a friendly footing"
"he worked on an interim basis"
a place providing support for the foot in standing or climbing
- They all started off on an equal footing.
- The little boy had an unsteady footing on the ladder.
- This enterprise is now on a firm footing and should soon get profits.
- Our relationship was now on a more secure footing.
- Everyone began on an equal footing.
- They would be on their usual friendly footing.
- grillage footing 格排底座
- concrete footing 混凝土底脚
- spread footing 扩展底座
- shallow footing 浅基脚
- continuous footing 连续底脚
- footing foundation 底座基础,底脚基础...
- wall footing 墙基,墙基脚...
- footing beam 底脚梁
- simple footing 简单底座
- stepped footing 阶梯形基础
- footing load 基脚荷载
- individual footing 独立基础
- isolated footing 独立基础,独立底脚...
- page footing 页尾,页合计栏,页尾...
- column footing 柱底脚
- footing course 基层,底层
- offset footing 宽阶底脚
- cantilever footing 伸臂底座
- pile footing 桩承底脚
- strip footing 条形基础
Unless he climb, with footing nice, A far projecting precipice.出自： Sir W. Scott
He missed his footing on a round stone and fell into the cold water.出自： Tolkien