- 原谅，请原谅，宽恕，宽容 ，饶恕
- vt. 原谅,宽恕 forgive; overlook
- vt. 免除 free sb from a duty
- vt. 为…辩解 make bad behaviour seem less bad or harmless
- [C][U]理由,借口,辩解 reason given to explain or defend one's behaviour
- [P]歉意,道歉 apology
- a defense of some offensive behavior or some failure to keep a promise etc.;
"he kept finding excuses to stay"
"every day he had a new alibi for not getting a job"
"his transparent self-justification was unacceptable"
- a note explaining an absence;
"he had to get his mother to write an excuse for him"
- a poor example;
"it was an apology for a meal"
"a poor excuse for an automobile"
- accept an excuse for;
"Please excuse my dirty hands"
- grant exemption or release to;
"Please excuse me from this class"
- serve as a reason or cause or justification of;
"Your need to sleep late does not excuse your late arrival at work"
"Her recent divorce may explain her reluctance to date again"
- defend, explain, clear away, or make excuses for by reasoning;
"rationalize the child's seemingly crazy behavior"
"he rationalized his lack of success"
- ask for permission to be released from an engagement
- excuse, overlook, or make allowances for; be lenient with;
"excuse someone's behavior"
"She condoned her husband's occasional infidelities"
- Excuse me, but I must say you are completely wrong.
- He told a real whopper to excuse his lateness.
- His excuse for being late was that he had missed the train.
- Such conduct allows of no excuse.
- My lame excuse is that I have too much to do.
- I won't let him get away with that excuse.
I will excuse you this time.
I hope you'll excuse me.
I hope you are not excusing him.
It's no use trying to excuse yourself.
Then he excused himself and went away.
Haas had to go to the dentist's, so he excused himself and left the classroom.
The committee meeting lasted so long that Facer excused himself to keep an appointment.
I cannot excuse his laziness.
Nothing can excuse such carelessness.
I don't think this excuses the government's neglect.
Nothing will excuse his cruelty to his children.
Excuse my delay in answering your letter.
Excuse me, but I don't think that statement is quite true.
Excuse me, could you tell me the way to the post office?
“I guess he is coming.”“Excuse me?”
Such behaviour cannot be excused.
We will never excuse taking innocent hostages.
Please excuse my interrupting.
That will excuse him another trip.
The boss of the ballroom excused them the fee.
Can I be excused lessons today?
His excuse just doesn't add up.
Her excuse didn't go down well, no one believed it.
She got off this time, but next time her excuse won't help her.
When Jerry asked me to her house I usually made some excuse.
He tried to explain away his lateness, but we didn't accept his excuse.
I have received nothing but excuse from you for weeks.
He clapped up an excuse, but this was soon seen through.
He can find many excuses for playing truant.
He pleaded headache, therefore, as an excuse to stay at home.
I know it's poor work.I can only say in excuse that I was ill at that time.
Those who are absent without (good) excuses will be dismissed.
The situation allows no excuse.
Such conduct admits of no excuse.
Granted that he was drunk, that is no excuse for his conduct.
Give my excuses to your mother for having caused her so much trouble.
- excuse by (v.+prep.)
以…方式找原因〔借口〕 give a reason for (sth) in order to be forgiven excuse sth by v-ing
He excused his absence by saying that he was ill.他说他生病了,为他缺席开脱。
- 以…方式找原因〔借口〕 give a reason for (sth) in order to be forgiven excuse sth by v-ing
- excuse for (v.+prep.)
就〔因〕…原谅(某人) accept the explanation offered by (sb) for (a fault) excuse sb for sth/v-ing
Ignorance of a law does not excuse a man for violating it.一个人不懂法律不能成为其违反法律行为的借口。
Excuse me for interrupting you.请原谅,打扰你了。
Excuse me for being rude.恕我失礼。
Please excuse me for using your telephone without asking permission.请原谅我没征得你的允许就用了你的电话。用于 be ～ed 结构
You can't be excused for such a silly reason.不能因为这样一个可笑的理由而原谅你。
- 就〔因〕…原谅(某人) accept the explanation offered by (sb) for (a fault) excuse sb for sth/v-ing
- excuse from (v.+prep.)
允许(某人)免去… allow (sb) not to complete (sth that he was expected to do); free (sb) from (sth) excuse sb/oneself from sth/v-ing
I want to excuse myself from the work.我想请求不做那项工作。
I cannot excuse you from attending my classes.我不能允许你不听我的课。
She excused herself from attending the meeting.她请求不参加会议。用于 be ～ed 结构
Those who passed the first test are excused from the second one.凡是通过第一次测试的人,第二次可以免试。
They may be excused from complying with this regulation.他们可以不按这条规则行事。
- 允许(某人)免去… allow (sb) not to complete (sth that he was expected to do); free (sb) from (sth) excuse sb/oneself from sth/v-ing
- make sb's excuses
作出解释 explain why sb is not doing sth or for absence
Please make my excuses at tomorrow's meeting—I've got too much work to do to come. 请为我在明天的会议上解释一下我不能出席的原因——我工作太忙,来不了。
- 作出解释 explain why sb is not doing sth or for absence
- excuse graciously 仁慈地宽恕
- excuse pleasantly 高兴地原谅
- excuse quietly 秘密地免除
- excuse really 真正地原谅
- excuse reasonably 有理由地原谅
- excuse speciously 貌似有理地原谅
- accept an excuse 接受道歉
- admit of no excuse 不容辩解
- cook up an excuse 捏造一个借口,找个借口
- demand an excuse 要求道歉
- find an excuse 找到借口
- give an excuse 道歉
- have excuses 有借口
- make an excuse 想出一个借口,编一套理由
- offer an excuse 主动表示歉意
- think up an excuse 想出一个借口
- brilliant excuse 明智的理由
- good excuse 可接受的辩解
- poor excuse 无力的辩解
- various excuses 各种借口
- weak excuse 站不住脚的借口
The old woman gave me a note of excuse.出自：Lytton
I should rather excuse myself, then censure others.出自：I. Walton
She excused..having made him wait.出自：E. Haywood
- excuse作“原谅”“宽恕”解时,其宾语后常接介词for表示所原谅的事; 作“免除”解时,可接双宾语,也可与介词from搭配使用; 作“为…辩解”解时,常接反身代词表示“为自己辩解”或“说声对不起”。
- excuse作“原谅”“免除”解时,可用于被动结构。作“为…辩解”解时不用于被动结构。作“原谅”解以名词或代词作宾语时,可用于被动结构(须以人作主语); 以动名词作宾语时,则不用于被动结构。
- Excuse me的意思是“对不起”“请原谅〔宽恕〕”,是口语中常用的客套话,可表示对过失或失礼的歉意,也可作为请求对方允许、问事的礼貌用语,还可用以表示婉言谢绝、客气纠正等,常与连词but或情态动词will, would等连用。在美式英语中,Excuse me还可表示“提请对方重复说过的话”,而英式英语中在这种场合下常用I beg your pardon?或Pardon?来表示。
在口语中, excuse sb's v -ing中的物主代词有时也可用其宾格来代替。例如:
Excuse my opening your letter by mistake.Excuse me opening your letter by mistake.请原谅,我误拆你的信了。
- May I be excused?是小学生用语,意思是“我可以去解手吗?”。
- excuse既可用作可数名词,也可用作不可数名词。常用“for sth/ v -ing”作其后置定语,时有也用动词不定式作其定语。
- excuse for, excuse from
- Excuse me for telling them the truth.
- Excuse me from telling them the truth.
- excuse me,I'm sorry,I beg your pardon
在口语中,这3种表达方式都可表示“对不起,请原谅”。但用法上有区别:I'm sorry用在“某人说完话或做完事以后,需向人表示歉意”的场合; excuse me用在“某人说话或做事可能会引起对方不快或是要麻烦人家或是请示许可”的场合; I beg your pardon是一种比较正式的说法,在美式英语中可用pardon me来表示道歉。例如:Excuse me, but may I leave the classroom for a moment?对不起,我可以离开教室一会儿吗?I'm sorry, but I've lost your umbrella.对不起,把你的雨伞丢了。I beg your pardon for such seeming rudeness.请原谅这种听来鲁莽的话。
- exhibit, apology, pretext
- excuse, cause, grounds, reason
这组词都有“理由,原因”的意思。其区别在于:cause指造成一种事实或现象的比较直接的“原因,根源,起因”,它表示的原因是指导致某种结果的客观条件、情况、事件、力量等; reason强调“推理”,指对于某个情况或看法从逻辑推理上引出结论的“理由”; excuse指为了避免责任而设法辩解过错或设法使之显得轻微,指找出的“理由,原因”或“借口”; grounds指一种有根据的“理由”,有时可译作“原因”。例如:Give your reason for changing the plan.把你改变计划的理由讲一下。He is always late, and always has an excuse.他总是迟到,而且总有借口。I have not much grounds for believing the information.我没有充分的依据去相信这个消息。
误 Excuse me for I have not answered your letter.
正 Excuse me for not answering your letter.
误 Ade excused him for his tardiness, saying his watch was wrong.
正 Ade excused himself for his tardiness, saying his watch was wrong.
析 表示“为自己…找借口〔开脱〕”,要用excuse oneself for。
误 As excuse of her failure she said she had been ill.
正 In excuse of her failure she said she had been ill.
析 表示“作为…的借口”,可说in excuse of,不可说as excuse of。
- ☆ 13世纪晚期进英入语，直接源自古法语的escuser；最初源自古典拉丁语的excusare：ex (出，开） + causa (控告），意为解除控告。
- excuse:excuse vt. 原谅, 申辩, 做为...的托辞, 为...免去n. 饶恕, 致歉, 理由, 口实, 借口, 清借条, 免去 英英解释:名词excuse:1. a defense of some…