(of pain or sorrow) made easier to bear
extending out above or beyond a surface or boundary;
"the jutting limb of a tree"
"massive projected buttresses"
"his protruding ribs"
"a pile of boards sticking over the end of his truck"
- She looked immensely relieved when she heard the news.
- They exchanged relieved glances.
- She had a relieved look on her face.
- The thief relieved him of his wallet.
- The general was relieved of his command.
- He was relieved of his post because of his carelessness.