- n. 距离；路程；远方
- vt. 与 ... 保持距离；把(对手)甩在后面
- 与…疏远，与 ... 保持距离
- [C][U]距离,间距 amount of space between two points or places
- [C][U]远处,远方 distant place or point
- [U](时间或空间的)相距 being separated in space or by time
- [U]疏远,冷淡 social separation or coldness in personal relations
the property created by the space between two objects or points
a distant region;
"I could see it in the distance"
size of the gap between two places;
"the distance from New York to Chicago"
"he determined the length of the shortest line segment joining the two points"
indifference by personal withdrawal;
the interval between two times;
"the distance from birth to death"
"it all happened in the space of 10 minutes"
a remote point in time;
"if that happens it will be at some distance in the future"
"at a distance of ten years he had forgotten many of the details"
keep at a distance;
"we have to distance ourselves from these events in order to continue living"
go far ahead of;
"He outdistanced the other runners"
- He judged the distance to a nicety.
- My house is four miles distance from the sea.
- We can see a windmill in the distance.
- A lighthouse was winking in the far distance.
- A more appropriate stance would be for the leader to distance itself from the com-petitors.
- Interestingly, there are several reasons why it is so important to distance oneself from the rest.
- Walk on a short distance and there you are.
- It takes strength and attention to drive a truck long distances.
- This is the point, from which all distances are measured.
- Our destination is still some distance away .
- The station is a good distance off.
- It's some distance to the shopping centre.
- It's no distance to the post office at all.
- We have quite a distance to walk.
- I was born in a town quite a distance from here.
- In England and America distance is measured in miles, not in kilometres.
- Keep a safe distance between cars.
- You can see the mountains in the distance.
- I spotted something dark in the distance.
- We heard gunfire in the distance.
- A ship could be seen in the distance.
- Look ahead in the distance, you can just see the lights of the village.
- The balloon still can be seen in the distance.
- In the distance loomed a towering mountain.
- I live a short distance from school.
- We can see the mountain from a distance.
- The picture looks better from a distance.
- From a distance the child heard a woman's scream.
- Oil paintings are to be appreciated at a distance.
- Your dress looks all right at a distance.
- The radar system can detect other planes at great distances and send a variety of radar-guided missiles to destroy them.
- He won't hit the target at that distance.
- We planted the trees at a certain distance from each other.
- We can see the mountain at a distance of three kilometres.
- What is the distance between these two cities?
- The living quarters for the workers are within walking distance of the factory.
- My house is within walking distance of the school.
- There are three supermarkets within walking distance in this town.
- The school is in easy walking distance.
- There was some distance between them at their last meeting.
- They have always kept their distance from the neighbours.
- We haven't heard from him at this distance of time.
- At this distance of time,I can't guarantee that I haven't omitted anything in recounting the event.
- Things look different at a distance of 10 years.
- go the distance
继续跑完全程,赛足全局等 continue to run, fight, etc. until the end of a contest
- keep at a distance
与某人保持一段距离 refuse to let sb become familiar or friendly
keep sb at a distance
It was difficult to get to know her because she always kept everyone at a distance.
The captain kept his crew at a distance.
- keep one's distance (from)
对(人或事业)等冷淡 not become friendly or familiar with (a person, cause, etc.)
- calculate distance 计算出距离
- close the distance between 缩小…间的差距
- cover a distance 穿过一段距离,横跨一段距离
- go the distance on foot 徒步走这段距离
- go the full distance 走完全程,经过全过程
- increase the distance 扩大距离
- keep a distance 保持距离
- keep one's distance 不亲密,保持疏远
- keep sb at a distance 与某人保持相当距离,对某人疏远,敬而远之
- measure a distance 测量距离
- reduce the distance 缩小距离
- run a distance 跑一段距离
- walk a distance 步行一段距离
- work out distance 计算出距离
- braking distance 刹车距离
- certain distance 一定的距离
- direct distance 垂直距离
- easy distance 交通方便的路程
- good distance 长距离
- great distance 长距离
- long distance 长距离
- quite a distance 相当远的距离
- safe distance 安全距离
- short distance 短距离,不远
- shouting distance 听得见喊声的距离
- stopping distance 刹车距离
- walking distance 走不多远就可达到的距离
- far away distance 遥远的路途
- at a distance 有相当距离,不很近
- at some distance 在一定距离
- at this distance of time 在如此长久的时间
- by distance 按里程
- from a distance 从远处
- in the distance 远处
- within a stone's throw distance 近处
- within measurable distance of success 成功指日可待
- within walking distance 很近
- the distance between… 之间的距离
- the distance between cars 车距
- the distance between New York and London 纽约和伦敦之间的距离
- the distance between two objects 两个物体间的距离
- the distance between wealth and poverty 贫富间的悬殊
- the distance from east to west 从东到西的距离
- the distance of five kilometres 五公里之遥
- the distance of the sun from the earth 太阳到地球间的距离
Afar the Contadino's song is heard..made sweet by distance.出自： Shelley
A bench some distance from the bed.出自： C. H. Sisson
The friendly Sea conveniently distanced from London.出自： T. Fuller
She had..interests outside his range, interests which..distanced her from him.出自： L. P. Hartley
- distance前可加冠词,有great, enormous, all, long等定语修饰时,常用复数形式distances。
- in the distance指“在远方,远方的”,表示耳、目所及的地方。some distance, a good distance, quite a distance和a great distance都表示“相当远”“很长一段时间”“有相当一段距离”。in〔within〕 (easy) walking distance表示“在步行可到达的范围之内”。
- at the distance, from the distance, in the distance
- 1.at a distance表示在有一定距离的远处; in the distance则是“在远处”的意思; from a distance表示“从远处”。
- 2.in the distance偶尔还可作定语。
- ☆ 13世纪晚期进入英语，直接源自古法语的destance；最初源自古典拉丁语的distantia：dis （分开） + staia (站），意为分开站。
- space 空间
- length 长度
- reach 到达
- aloofness 远离
- remoteness 远离
- extent 广度
- dissociate 分离
- move away 搬开
- detach 使分离
- separate 分开的
- avoid 避免
- expanse 宽阔的区域
- disengage 解除
- void 空的
- ignore 忽视
- vastness 巨大
- coldness 寒冷
- detachment 冷漠
- reserve 保留
- way 路
- span 时期
- range 范围
- come between 在 ... 中间
- shut out 关在外面
- flight 飞行
- come 来
- between 在 ... 之间
- shut 关闭
- out 出
- restraint 克制
- coolness 冷
- outdistance 远远超过
- outstrip 超过