- [U]抑制,遏制,管制,约束 restraining or being restrained
- [C]克制物,管制措施,约束力 thing that checks or controls; restriction
- [U]克制,节制,适度 avoidance of exaggeration or excess; moderation
the act of controlling by restraining someone or something;
"the unlawful restraint of trade"
discipline in personal and social activities;
"he was a model of polite restraint"
"she never lost control of herself"
the state of being physically constrained;
"dogs should be kept under restraint"
a rule or condition that limits freedom;
"restraints imposed on imports"
lack of ornamentation;
"the room was simply decorated with great restraint"
a device that retards something's motion;
"the car did not have proper restraints fitted"
- The police appealed to the crowd for restraint.
- Nobody could count on his restraint or rationality.
- There is still need for profit restraint.
- His rage was beyond restraint.
- I am under no restraint whatever.
- He is a man always speaking with restraint.
- His affections were kept under continual restraint.
- He hates the restraints of life in a small town.
- He exercised considerable restraint in not suing for a divorce.
- without restraint
无拘无束地,自由地without control; freely
- apply〔put on〕 restraints 加以限制
- cast〔fling〕 off restraint 摆脱约束
- display〔show〕 restraint 显示克制力
- exercise restraint 进行抑制
- impose restraints on 对…加以抑制
We can..behave without the restraints imposed by society.出自： B. Bainbridge
Seat belt sales are soaring, especially restraints for children.出自：Times
- bond 债券
- control 掌控
- constraint 约束
- self-control 克己
- command 命令
- self-possession 沉着
- limit 限度
- limitation 限制
- curb 路边
- prevention 阻止
- ceiling 天花板
- continence 自制
- abstinence 节制
- check 检查
- bondage 奴役
- prohibition 禁止
- captivity 囚禁
- arrest 逮捕
- imprisonment 【U】监禁
- government 政府
- confinement 拘禁
- belt 腰带
- chain 束缚
- shackle 手铐
- fetter 为 ... 上脚镣...
- bit 少量
- simpleness 简单
- simplicity 简单
- chasteness 贞节