- [U]抑制,遏制,管制,约束 restraining or being restrained
- [C]克制物,管制措施,约束力 thing that checks or controls; restriction
- [U]克制,节制,适度 avoidance of exaggeration or excess; moderation
- the act of controlling by restraining someone or something;
"the unlawful restraint of trade"
- discipline in personal and social activities;
"he was a model of polite restraint"
"she never lost control of herself"
- the state of being physically constrained;
"dogs should be kept under restraint"
- a rule or condition that limits freedom;
"restraints imposed on imports"
- lack of ornamentation;
"the room was simply decorated with great restraint"
- a device that retards something's motion;
"the car did not have proper restraints fitted"
- Nobody could count on his restraint or rationality.
- There is still need for profit restraint.
- His rage was beyond restraint.
- I am under no restraint whatever.
- He is a man always speaking with restraint.
His affections were kept under continual restraint.
He hates the restraints of life in a small town.
He exercised considerable restraint in not suing for a divorce.
- without restraint
无拘无束地,自由地without control; freely
She told me without restraint all about her married life. 她毫无保留地告诉我她婚后的生活。
- 无拘无束地,自由地without control; freely
- apply〔put on〕 restraints 加以限制
- cast〔fling〕 off restraint 摆脱约束
- display〔show〕 restraint 显示克制力
- exercise restraint 进行抑制
- impose restraints on 对…加以抑制
We can..behave without the restraints imposed by society.出自：B. Bainbridge
Seat belt sales are soaring, especially restraints for children.出自：Times
- fetter为 ... 上脚镣...
- restraint:restraint n. 抑制, 制止, 克制习惯用语be beyond restraint 不能抑制be held in restraint 受监禁be under restraint [婉]在精神…